195. Buffalo -- Ryan D'Imporio -- ILB -- Rutgers -- 6'3 -- 245

213. Buffalo -- Dedrick Epps -- TE -- Miami -- 6'4 255

220. Buffalo -- Travis Ivey -- NT -- Maryland -- 6'4 325

FA: LT Tra Thomas , QB David Carr, OLB Joey Porter, DE Corey Redding

Offense:

QB competition: Zac Robinson, Brian Brohm, David Carr, Trent Edwards

RBs: Lynch, Jackson

TEs: Nelson, Schouman, Epps

OL: Tra Thomas -- Levitre -- Wood -- Incognito -- Butler (Hangarter primary backup at C and G, Bell and Meredith OTs)

WR: Lee Evans, Dez Bryant, Hardy, Johnson, Parrish

Defense:

LE: Stroud -- NT: Harvey/ Ivey -- RE: Corey Redding (Sp. Johnson, KW, McCargo camp battle for depth jobs)

OLB: Porter ILB: Poz ILB: Mitchell OLB: Norwood (Maybin and Norwood battle in camp for starter job, loser learns behind Porter for 1 or 2 years.)

CBs: McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Corner,

S: Whitner, Byrd, Wilson,

It's not a full roster but I have the key pieces in place the rest are fill ins.

patmoran2006
02-18-2010, 11:14 AM
I see no way in hell the Bills take Dez Bryant.. NONE

1- He's a WR and I do not see us taking one with what we need.

2- He's a HUGE talent and may be a stud, but he's a troubled one.. and Nix has said many many times already he wants guys that have proven it on the field over the long haul.. Bryant didnt even play half of last season.

No way.

Mahdi
I see no way in hell the Bills take Dez Bryant.. NONE

1- He's a WR and I do not see us taking one with what we need.

2- He's a HUGE talent and may be a stud, but he's a troubled one.. and Nix has said many many times already he wants guys that have proven it on the field over the long haul.. Bryant didnt even play half of last season.

No way.
Bryant is a proven player. There is no doubt about that.

DraftBoy
Dez Bryant in Round 1, zoners are going to hate it. Good job overall though1

Mahdi
02-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Dez Bryant in Round 1, zoners are going to hate it. Good job overall though1
I just see it as another possibility. Our offense needs to put up points and he is quote possibly the next Larry Fitzgerald.

patmoran2006
02-18-2010, 11:16 AM

not by Buddy Nix's standards.

Dont get me wrong man, he's a great talent. he can be an All Pro WR for sure.

I just see zero chance the Bills take him in the first round.

Its OT or Defensive Front Seven help with first pick, with outside shot at QB is Bradford or Clausen is there.. In my opinion, those are the only three options.

DraftBoy
02-18-2010, 11:20 AM

Its OT or Defensive Front Seven help with first pick, with outside shot at QB is Bradford or Clausen is there.. In my opinion, those are the only three options.

Explain how a former All-American WR, consensus top WR is not to Buddy Nix's standard of proven exactly?

patmoran2006
02-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Explain how a former All-American WR, consensus top WR is not to Buddy Nix's standard of proven exactly?

He has said that he wants players that have had long college careers and proven it on the field. Wasn't Bryant suspended for most of 2009?

The Bills need an offensive tackle and defensive front seven help far more than Dez Bryant.

I dont dislike Bryant.. He could be a Pro Bowler for another team, but its not going to be Buffalo.

Ickybaluky
02-18-2010, 11:33 AM
My initial thought is it still leaves the BIlls pretty weak on the OL. Tra Thomas is pretty used up at this point, and Butler hasn't really shown he is a starting-caliber NFL player. It seems the Bills would be repeating the mistake of a year ago in not addressing that position better.

The Bills can use an upgrade to Incognito at OG. He has talent, but he is a stupid player. Stephen Neal would be a good fit for what Buffalo wants to do. He is an OG who has great balance and can pull to lead runs outside, and he is tough as nails. I hope the Pats bring him back, but they probably invest the resources elsewhere. I think Neal gets a pretty good contract.

Also, Corey Redding is a real question in a 3-4. He was strictly a 4-3 player with the Lions and Seahawks, playing DE and DT, and he isn't really the kind of physical player you need in a 3-4 DE.

Overall, though, I give you credit for not being unreasonable. Nothing there is out of the question, and Bryant is an interesting talent. I don't know about Larry Fitzgerald, buit he definitely has the ability to be a #1 WR.

DraftBoy
02-18-2010, 11:34 AM
He has said that he wants players that have had long college careers and proven it on the field. Wasn't Bryant suspended for most of 2009?

The Bills need an offensive tackle and defensive front seven help far more than Dez Bryant.

I dont dislike Bryant.. He could be a Pro Bowler for another team, but its not going to be Buffalo.

Bryant had two excellent years at Ok State and was on his way to a third when the NCAA screwed him over on a ruling. He didnt get suspended for character issues, the NCAA made him a poster boy and it wasn't fair.

I agree with you that OT and DT are bigger needs but they aren't are only needs. We have a huge hole at #2 WR as well.

DraftBoy
02-18-2010, 11:35 AM
My initial thought is it still leaves the BIlls pretty weak on the OL. Tra Thomas is pretty used up at this point, and Butler hasn't really shown he is a starting-caliber NFL player. It seems the Bills would be repeating the mistake of a year ago in not addressing that position better.

The Bills can use an upgrade to Incognito at OG. He has talent, but he is a stupid player. Stephen Neal would be a good fit for what Buffalo wants to do. He is an OG who has great balance and can pull to lead runs outside, and he is tough as nails. I hope the Pats bring him back, but they probably invest the resources elsewhere. I think Neal gets a pretty good contract.
Also, Corey Redding is a real question in a 3-4. He was strictly a 4-3 player with the Lions and Seahawks, playing DE and DT, and he isn't really the kind of physical player you need in a 3-4 DE.

Overall, though, I give you credit for not being unreasonable. Nothing there is out of the question, and Bryant is an interesting talent. I don't know about Larry Fitzgerald, buit he definitely has the ability to be a #1 WR.

Bills have Eric Wood and Andy Levitre at OG, I dont think they are picking up a 4th OG, unless Wood isn't ready or he's moving to OC. In which case Hangartner would be the 4th backup.

Ed
02-18-2010, 11:36 AM

I think Buddy Nix was talking more about one year wonders and workout warriors. I don't think Bryant fits into that category.

Ickybaluky
02-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Bills have Eric Wood and Andy Levitre at OG, I dont think they are picking up a 4th OG, unless Wood isn't ready or he's moving to OC. In which case Hangartner would be the 4th backup.

Is Wood even going to be ready? I'd be shocked if he didn't start the year as a PUP.

I just think Neal would be a great fit for a team like the Bills, who want to run a lot. Neal is an underrated player, a real solid OG with the athleticism to get outside and to the second level to block.

DraftBoy
02-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Is Wood even going to be ready? I'd be shocked if he didn't start the year as a PUP.

I just think Neal would be a great fit for a team like the Bills, who want to run a lot. Neal is an underrated player, a real solid OG with the athleticism to get outside and to the second level to block.

There was a report (can't find it now naturally) that said he should be back in time for camp, which surprised the hell out of me. If he isn't Id love to have Neal, he's the ideal fit for us, but his price will likely be too high.

patmoran2006
02-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Bryant had two excellent years at Ok State and was on his way to a third when the NCAA screwed him over on a ruling. He didnt get suspended for character issues, the NCAA made him a poster boy and it wasn't fair.

I agree with you that OT and DT are bigger needs but they aren't are only needs. We have a huge hole at #2 WR as well.

lets put it this way; If Mahdi is right and the Bills drafted Bryant, I wouldn't be the least upset.. I love talented playmakers.

Bryant has elite talent potential, so does McClain (IMO)

Having said that, I just dont see anyway that it happens.

I see OT, with an outside shot of taking Clausen should he be there, and I wouldnt discount Derrick Morgan at all if he's there either, who has that obvious Gailey connection.

Ed
02-18-2010, 11:43 AM

Wood expects to be back for training camp, but there is no guarantee. If Wood isn't ready to go at the start of the season, I wouldn't have a problem with Incognito. So I think getting some depth at guard would be good, but finding another starter shouldn't be a priority. I would rather see us upgrade both OT spots first.

patmoran2006
02-18-2010, 11:49 AM
I expect them to tender (RFA) Incognito.

They will tender Incognito as a low tender and have to pay him just 1.176 million. he's orginally a third round draft pick and nobody is going to give that up to sign him.

Thats cheap insurance for Wood and good depth if Wood is able to come back.

Mahdi
02-18-2010, 11:59 AM

Did Buddy outline his standards to you?

He said he wanted players that were not 1 year wonders. Bryant is not anything close to that.

Mahdi
02-18-2010, 12:00 PM

IMO we have a huge hole at #1 WR... Evans would compliment Bryant perfectly.

patmoran2006
02-18-2010, 12:04 PM

He said he wanted players that were not 1 year wonders. Bryant is not anything close to that.

Nope.

I could be wrong.. But I'll predict in February that Bryant will be on the board at number nine and that we'll pass on him for a bigger need.

Mahdi
02-18-2010, 12:14 PM

My reasoning for picking Bryant is this:

The Bills are a team void of talent in general. We have no superstars anywhere on the roster. No PB standouts, no one who lifts the profile of the team or is considered an elite NFL player.

Picking at #9, the days of reaching for players just because we have a need there are over. I hope. That being the case, you have to evaluate what is on the board.

The QBs are very risky, the consensus top OT is off the board and the ones behind him all have question marks. Bulaga being the safest but not seen as a star at the NFL level. Then you have the pass rushers, and although I love Brandon Graham and I would select him I think you can find a pass rusher in round 2 of similar abilities that fits well as a rush OLB.

That leaves Bryant IMO as the highest rated player left on the board at #9 that has superstar quality.

Our WR situation is weak IMO, Evans is a great deep ball WR but he has not shown that he has a complete game. Hardy is a huge question mark and Johnson is just potential at this point. Which means Bryant comes in right away and gives us an elite prospect at a position of need.

If we take Anthony Davis for example, were taking a player with a ton of question marks at a position of need. In 3 years Davis maxes out as a starter in the NFL (maybe only RT), Bryant maxes out as Larry Fitz or Anquan Boldin.

Those are the things GMs think about on draft day. Not just take the first LT or QB because we need one badly.

To simplify

Bryant is a better WR than Davis, Campbell, JPP, Clausen, Bradford (injury) are at their respective positions.

JCBills
02-18-2010, 12:17 PM

With the laundry list of needs we have, WR?

No thanks.

Mahdi
02-18-2010, 12:18 PM
With the laundry list of needs we have, WR?

No thanks.
WR is on that laundry list.

Tell me who the better prospect is at #9.

JCBills
02-18-2010, 12:20 PM

Trading back or reaching on a major need would make more sense.

We have WRs, what don't we have? The majority of a 3-4 front 7. We have one OLB that fits the 3-4. One. We have ZERO NTs. We have maybe 2 DEs.

I'd take Dan Williams at 9 over Bryant any day.

patmoran2006
02-18-2010, 12:25 PM

I think both Bryant and McClain are top 9 prospects.. In fact, I think both are top six prospects.

But I don't think we'll draft either of them.

Mahdi
02-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Trading back or reaching on a major need would make more sense.

We have WRs, what don't we have? The majority of a 3-4 front 7. We have one OLB that fits the 3-4. One. We have ZERO NTs. We have maybe 2 DEs.

I'd take Dan Williams at 9 over Bryant any day.
Ok so then you proved my point. You would reach for a position of need.

That's how you end up with Whitner, McCargo, Losman, Maybin, Lynch etc.

When you are picking #9 overall you want a guy who has the potential of being elite not just taking up a roster spot at a position of need.

Taking Dan Williams over Bryant is the equivalent of choosing to sign Aubrayo Franklin over Larry Fitzgerald for the same amount of money.

Mahdi
02-18-2010, 12:28 PM
I think both Bryant and McClain are top 9 prospects.. In fact, I think both are top six prospects.

But I don't think we'll draft either of them.
I agree. McClain is definitely a top prospect and has high value. But IMO, finding the next stud WR is harder than finding a stud ILB.

EDS
02-18-2010, 12:28 PM
I don't see how the Bills could leave themselves so exposed at NT. An undrafted free agent and a 7th rounder battling for the job? I hope not.

I also don't see why the Giants would go WR in round 1. Hakeem Nicks was good as a rookie, and will likely take over the #1 receiver duties from Steve Smith (who would be a solid #2).

Mahdi
02-18-2010, 12:31 PM
I don't see how the Bills could leave themselves so exposed at NT. An undrafted free agent and a 7th rounder battling for the job? I hope not.

I also don't see why the Giants would go WR in round 1. Hakeem Nicks was good as a rookie, and will likely take over the #1 receiver duties from Steve Smith (who would be a solid #2).
Yeah. I agree.

But the Giants are one of those teams that can go after a luxury pick since they have very few needs.

The NFL these days is a passing league and having 3 WRs is huge. I see Tate working the slot similar to Percy Harvin in Minnesota and having plenty of success with Eli.

The Giants need an explosive player on offense and Tate gives them that.

As for the NT issue,

Yeah it's a little risky but many teams have gone with inexperienced players at NT and succeeded. Harvey has the size to handle the job and has abilities suitable to the position.

Ed
02-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Ok so then you proved my point. You would reach for a position of need.

That's how you end up with Whitner, McCargo, Losman, Maybin, Lynch etc.

When you are picking #9 overall you want a guy who has the potential of being elite not just taking up a roster spot at a position of need.

Taking Dan Williams over Bryant is the equivalent of choosing to sign Aubrayo Franklin over Larry Fitzgerald for the same amount of money.
I like the Bryant pick because I agree that he's an elite prospect and we are weak at WR, but I also think you have to factor in the higher bust rate for WR's and the length of time it can take to develop.

I think we can all agree that we can't afford to screw up the #9 pick this year and expect to be able to turn things around. That's why my top choice in your scenario would be McClain and then Bulaga. I think McClain is going to be a superstar type player so you're getting good value for a great player at a position of need. Plus, LB's tend to have the lowest bust rate and can make an impact from day 1. So while I'm a fan of taking BPA over reaching for need, I think McClain gives you both need and value and the closest thing to a sure homerun at #9.

Mahdi
02-18-2010, 12:43 PM
I like the Bryant pick because I agree that he's an elite prospect and we are weak at WR, but I also think you have to factor in the higher bust rate for WR's and the length of time it can take to develop.

I think we can all agree that we can't afford to screw up the #9 pick this year and expect to be able to turn things around. That's why my top choice in your scenario would be McClain and then Bulaga. I think McClain is going to be a superstar type player so you're getting good value for a great player at a position of need. Plus, LB's tend to have the lowest bust rate and can make an impact from day 1. So while I'm a fan of taking BPA over reaching for need, I think McClain gives you both need and value and the closest thing to a sure homerun at #9.
My only question is this...

How much impact to ILBs really have in a 3-4 D? Unless you're Patrick Willis then the ILB in a 3-4 is more of a task oriented player as opposed to the OLB that has to be a talented player in order to pressure QBs.

I like McClain but speaking strictly of impact, I'm not sure he would have a huge one in a 3-4.

patmoran2006
02-18-2010, 12:46 PM
I think McClain is the second best player in the entire draft after Suh. I would go out and buy his jersey the day after the draft if we took him, and I havent bought a jersey in years.

But having said that, with Poz and Mitchell on the ILB, who may not be stars but aren't scrubs either, I dont see us taking McClain-- but I've never wanted to be more wrong. I love me some McClain

EDS
02-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah. I agree.

But the Giants are one of those teams that can go after a luxury pick since they have very few needs.

The NFL these days is a passing league and having 3 WRs is huge. I see Tate working the slot similar to Percy Harvin in Minnesota and having plenty of success with Eli.

The Giants need an explosive player on offense and Tate gives them that.

As for the NT issue,

Yeah it's a little risky but many teams have gone with inexperienced players at NT and succeeded. Harvey has the size to handle the job and has abilities suitable to the position.

Too big a risk at NT if you ask me. Just because someone fits the physical description does not mean they can get the job done at the NFL level. Neither of those guys has an NFL snap at any position. Under your scenario I definitely see Kyle Williams seeing the bulk of the playing time at NT, which means the run defense will look alot like this past season (i.e., leaky).

I think the Giants may go DT (Price is a decent option) or LB (Spikes maybe).

I don't see the Bills going WR at 9 either. So many really good WRs are coming out of later rounds (B. Marshall, M. Austin, M. Colston, G. Jennings, W. Welker, V. Jackson, P. Garcon, etc.) now that it just doesn't make sense. If they don't like the OTs after Okung (I bet they will), then take McClain (going to need someone to tackle thos running backs coming through with the NT situation). Reason is with such a shaky line and QB situation in your original post a WR is going to be useless. Might as well take a flier on a developmental prospect in the third or fourth round to groom for the next year or two.

Ed
02-18-2010, 12:54 PM
My only question is this...

How much impact to ILBs really have in a 3-4 D? Unless you're Patrick Willis then the ILB in a 3-4 is more of a task oriented player as opposed to the OLB that has to be a talented player in order to pressure QBs.

I like McClain but speaking strictly of impact, I'm not sure he would have a huge one in a 3-4.
I guess I don't really know enough about the exact roles and responsibilities of each position in the 3-4 and the way our new DC runs it may be different then others, but I do remember Sam Cowart being an absolute beast in our 3-4 as an ILB before blowing out his achilles, which ruined his career. I can also see McClain being as good as Patrick Willis. Regardless of scheme, I don't think a player like McClain can be on a football field and not make a big impact.

Mahdi
02-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Too big a risk at NT if you ask me. Just because someone fits the physical description does not mean they can get the job done at the NFL level. Neither of those guys has an NFL snap at any position. Under your scenario I definitely see Kyle Williams seeing the bulk of the playing time at NT, which means the run defense will look alot like this past season (i.e., leaky).

I think the Giants may go DT (Price is a decent option) or LB (Spikes maybe).

I don't see the Bills going WR at 9 either. So many really good WRs are coming out of later rounds (B. Marshall, M. Austin, M. Colston, G. Jennings, W. Welker, V. Jackson, P. Garcon, etc.) now that it just doesn't make sense. If they don't like the OTs after Okung (I bet they will), then take McClain (going to need someone to tackle thos running backs coming through with the NT situation). Reason is with such a shaky line and QB situation in your original post a WR is going to be useless. Might as well take a flier on a developmental prospect in the third or fourth round to groom for the next year or two.
Many valid points. Of course I can say the same about any position, you can always find diamonds in the rough.

The point is taking a top 9 player at pick #9. McClain is a very good football player I just prefer taking a player that can put some points on the board for us.

Our defense will not suffer with Poz and Mitch in the middle but having only 1 good WR on the roster who IMO is only very good at one thing will make for a very conservative offense.

If we have David Carr back there I want him to have weapons to make things easier.

bigbub2352
02-18-2010, 01:33 PM
nice work , i just think we go LT in RD 1 and address WR in FA

Bert102176
02-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I love the pick the Bills don't have a true number 1 wideout and anyone that thinks Lee is a number 1 where was he this past year I see WR as a key need Parrish sucks,and doesn't wanna be here, no more Owens Johnson is showing nothing just like Hardy Lee is a decent #2 and that is only if he can stretch the field still he got his big deal already so he is lazy now.

EDS
02-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Many valid points. Of course I can say the same about any position, you can always find diamonds in the rough.

The point is taking a top 9 player at pick #9. McClain is a very good football player I just prefer taking a player that can put some points on the board for us.

Our defense will not suffer with Poz and Mitch in the middle but having only 1 good WR on the roster who IMO is only very good at one thing will make for a very conservative offense.

If we have David Carr back there I want him to have weapons to make things easier.

McClain I see as the leader the defensive is currently lacking. That is part of his value.

If David Carr is the QB than an emphasis needs to be put on protection, which swings the pick back to Davis or Baluga.

I am curious to see how the Bills play it this off-season. I am a bit skeptical of the new regime so I am going to need them to show me something before I can trust what they are doing.

jimbledsoe
02-18-2010, 01:43 PM
1. St-Louis -- Sam Bradford -- QB -- Oklahoma

2. Detroit -- Ndamukong Suh -- DT - Nebraska

3. Tampa Bay -- Gerald McCoy -- DT -- Oklahoma

4. Washington -- Eric Berry -- S -- Tennessee

5. Kansas City -- Russell Okung -- OT -- Oklahoma State

6. Seattle -- Derrick Morgan -- DE -- Georgia Tech

7. Cleveland -- Joe Haden -- CB -- Florida

8. Oakland -- Carlos Dunlap -- DE -- Florida

Wi
9. Buffalo -- Dez Bryant -- WR -- Oklahoma State

10. Jacksonville -- Brandon Graham -- DE -- Michigan

11. Denver -- Rolando McClain -- ILB -- Alabama

12. Miami -- Dan Williams -- NT -- Tennessee

13. San Fran -- Bryan Bulaga -- OT -- Iowa

14. Seattle -- Jimmy Clausen -- QB -- Notre Dame

15. New York Giants -- Golden Tate -- WR -- Notre Dame

16. Tennessee Titans -- Jason Pierre-Paul -- DE -- South Florida

17. San Fran -- Jerry Hughes - OLB - Texas Christian

18. Pittsburgh -- CJ Spiller -- RB -- Clemson

19. Atlanta -- Brandon Lafell -- WR -- LSU

20. Houston -- Mike Iupati -- OG -- Idaho

21. Cincinnati -- Jermaine Gresham -- TE -- Oklahoma

22. New England -- Sergio Kindle -- OLB -- Texas

23. Green Bay -- Bruce Campbell -- OT -- Maryland

24. Philadelphia -- Everson Griffen -- DE -- USC

25. Baltimore Ravens -- Donovan Warren -- CB -- Michigan

26. Arizona -- Anthony Davis -- OT -- Rutgers

27. Dallas -- Earl Thomas -- S -- Texas

28. San Diego -- Brandon Spikes -- ILB -- Florida

29. NY Jets -- Ricky Sapp -- OLB -- Clemson

30. Minnesota -- Sean Weatherspoon -- OLB -- Missouri

31. Indianapolis -- Brian Price -- DT -- UCLA

32. New Orleans -- Taylor Mays -- S -- USC

41. Buffalo -- Eric Norwood -- OLB -- South Carolina -- 6'1 252

73. Buffalo -- Jared Veldheer -- OT -- Hillsdale -- 6'8 321

108. Buffalo -- Zac Robinson -- QB -- Oklahoma State -- 6'2 210

142. Buffalo -- Chris McCoy -- OLB -- Middle Tennessee -- 6'4 250

181. Buffalo -- Clifton Geathers -- DE -- South Carolina -- 6'4 244

195. Buffalo -- Ryan D'Imporio -- ILB -- Rutgers -- 6'3 -- 245

213. Buffalo -- Dedrick Epps -- TE -- Miami -- 6'4 255

220. Buffalo -- Travis Ivey -- NT -- Maryland -- 6'4 325

FA: LT Tra Thomas , QB David Carr, OLB Joey Porter, DE Corey Redding

Offense:

QB competition: Zac Robinson, Brian Brohm, David Carr, Trent Edwards

RBs: Lynch, Jackson

TEs: Nelson, Schouman, Epps

OL: Tra Thomas -- Levitre -- Wood -- Incognito -- Butler (Hangarter primary backup at C and G, Bell and Meredith OTs)

WR: Lee Evans, Dez Bryant, Hardy, Johnson, Parrish

Defense:

LE: Stroud -- NT: Harvey/ Ivey -- RE: Corey Redding (Sp. Johnson, KW, McCargo camp battle for depth jobs)

OLB: Porter ILB: Poz ILB: Mitchell OLB: Norwood (Maybin and Norwood battle in camp for starter job, loser learns behind Porter for 1 or 2 years.)

CBs: McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Corner,

S: Whitner, Byrd, Wilson,

It's not a full roster but I have the key pieces in place the rest are fill ins.

With this offense, I would expect us to grab the number 1 running back before the number one wide reciever. I would not be horribly upset if we pick up CJ Spiller.

Mahdi
02-18-2010, 01:45 PM
With this offense, I would expect us to grab the number 1 running back before the number one wide reciever. I would not be horribly upset if we pick up CJ Spiller.
Spiller is not a complete prospect. Bryant is.

Ickybaluky
02-18-2010, 01:47 PM
I think McClain is the second best player in the entire draft after Suh. I would go out and buy his jersey the day after the draft if we took him, and I havent bought a jersey in years.

But having said that, with Poz and Mitchell on the ILB, who may not be stars but aren't scrubs either, I dont see us taking McClain-- but I've never wanted to be more wrong. I love me some McClain

From what I've read, there is Suh and McCoy, than a dropoff to the next guy. I think they are considered the clear-cut top 2 picks. Mike Mayock actually ranks McCoy ahead of Suh.

Beebe's Kid
02-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Bryant is an interesting argument for BPA...although if McClain is on the board, I think he is a much more convincing case for BPA, and he fills a need.

patmoran2006
02-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Bryant is an interesting argument for BPA...although if McClain is on the board, I think he is a much more convincing case for BPA, and he fills a need.

There's a very good chance Bryant is the "BPA" on the board when the Bills are on the clock.

SABURZFAN
02-18-2010, 04:02 PM
There's a very good chance Bryant is the "BPA" on the board when the Bills are on the clock.

i would be surprised if the Bills can't find a trade partner if Bryant is available.there's a couple teams that could use a WR.

BidsJr
02-18-2010, 04:05 PM
I love the pick the Bills don't have a true number 1 wideout and anyone that thinks Lee is a number 1 where was he this past year I see WR as a key need Parrish sucks,and doesn't wanna be here, no more Owens Johnson is showing nothing just like Hardy Lee is a decent #2 and that is only if he can stretch the field still he got his big deal already so he is lazy now.

Longest sentence ever.

tampabay25690
02-18-2010, 04:15 PM
WELL Bryant at #9 could happen but we wont know that till FA starts to be honest.
If this team goes out and grabs OL and DL players Bryant would be a fine pick at #9.

ZAZusmc03
02-18-2010, 04:20 PM
I would rather see us take McClain, But if we can address OT/DT in FA then I def. won't be upset with the Bryant pick.

patmoran2006
02-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Well the Bills now need a pair of OT, so this makes Bryant or McClain even less likely than they already were.

Mahdi
02-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Well the Bills now need a pair of OT, so this makes Bryant or McClain even less likely than they already were.
Not really. You still need to take a player you believe in at #9.

IMO, Bryant fits the Bill at #9. You fill the OT spots in other ways. FA, 2nd or 3rd round, and there is also 2 other guys with high potential on the roster that can handle the RT role in Meredith and Bell.

In fact, IMO, Meredith would have exceeded Butler anyways.