PDA

View Full Version : Dear draft Gurus...

Thief
02-18-2010, 11:24 AM
OK, out of all these tackles, are any of them legit day one starting LTs? Which ones have potential? Are some of the top rated tackles Right prospets only?

DraftBoy
02-18-2010, 11:32 AM
OK, out of all these tackles, are any of them legit day one starting LTs? Which ones have potential? Are some of the top rated tackles Right prospets only?

Okung and Bulaga are the only Day 1 LT I see.

I think Davis will move inside to OG eventually, Campbell needs some time to develop his game, and Williams is a RT.

Mahdi
02-18-2010, 12:22 PM
As DB said,

Okung and Bulaga are really the only 2 who are ready right now.

Campbell is definitely LT material but he needs more polish. His ceiling is extremely high too.

Davis and Williams are guys who max out as LT starters but are more likely to settle into RT jobs and do well there.

There's also Ducasse who can be a solid LT in a year or 2.

X-Era
02-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Day one starters? Probably only Okung IMO. Guys who could play it? Davis, Brown, Campbell, Ciron Black, Maybe Capers, Jason Fox when healthy. Other maybes would be Zane Beadles, Kyle Jolly, maybe Vladimir Ducasse.

Top rated RT prospects? Id say Trent Williams, Sam Young, Kyle Calloway, Lee Ziemba.

PECKERWOOD
02-19-2010, 02:37 PM
It also depends on the franchise too, some QBs are lefties and in that case a guy like Trent Williams or even Anthony Davis could fit in well at LT for a team like that. Which may be significant because isn't Sam Bradford a lefty? I thought I heard that somewhere, but I could be wrong.

X-Era
02-19-2010, 05:10 PM
It also depends on the franchise too, some QBs are lefties and in that case a guy like Trent Williams or even Anthony Davis could fit in well at LT for a team like that. Which may be significant because isn't Sam Bradford a lefty? I thought I heard that somewhere, but I could be wrong.
Nope, but Trent Williams did play some RT as well as a little at C, along with LT:

http://pbrown16.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/sam-bradford.jpg

PECKERWOOD
02-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Nope, but Trent Williams did play some RT as well as a little at C, along with LT:

http://pbrown16.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/sam-bradford.jpg

I still like Trent Williams, I think he has a shot at being a solid LT.

TedMock
02-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Okung and Bulaga are the only Day 1 LT I see.

I think Davis will move inside to OG eventually, Campbell needs some time to develop his game, and Williams is a RT.
Williams is also a question mark because of work ethic issues. Is that part of your concern on the left? I think he's the most talented/athletic of the bunch, but he's also the 4th or 5th OT I would take.

DraftBoy
02-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Williams is also a question mark because of work ethic issues. Is that part of your concern on the left? I think he's the most talented/athletic of the bunch, but he's also the 4th or 5th OT I would take.

Trent Williams?

Yes he is lazy, lacks work ethic, and he's just too inconsistent for my tastes at LT. Plus he is a far more dominant RT, he is only playing LT because Loadholt graduated, there is a reason Oklahoma never played him there prior.