• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Question for NE39

I can't remember where; but I heard/read somewhere I think yesterday that the Patriots could release Randy Moss and/or Todd Light come March 5 (as well as A. Thomas, obviously)

Any truth to that in your estimation?

I could see the Bills jumping on Light if he were available

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Prov401
    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
    • Aug 2008

Re: Question for NE39

I'm assuming your talking about Matt Light?

I'm not NE39, but I live in New England and unfortunately hear about any Pats news.

It's been said that the Pats may or may not ask Moss to take a pay cut. It's also been said that Moss will absolutely deny taking one. No talk about them releasing him however, everything is just speculation at this point.

Thomas is definitely a goner.

And Matt Light could possibly be released, as he is due to make 4.5 million next year, and well, the Pats hate paying people too much. Also, Light suffered a dislocated knee cap against the Broncos this year, and injured his MCL in the process. I say it's 50/50 on Light being realeased, 99.9% on Thomas being gone, and 95% chance that Moss will be a Pat.

Just my 2cents.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Yikes. .yes "Matt".. My bad

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Light's one kneecap >>>>> Demetrius Bell

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

i would take matt light in a second
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• ChanGailey
            Veteran Zoner
            • Jan 2010

Hmmm...where could Moss end up?

My short list would be Philly, Baltimore, Chicago, Minnesota, Green Bay.

Maybe Denver, if Marshall Leaves, to reunite with McFagiels.

---Came to me a second late - My money would be on Miami!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              I can't remember where; but I heard/read somewhere I think yesterday that the Patriots could release Randy Moss and/or Todd Light come March 5 (as well as A. Thomas, obviously)

Any truth to that in your estimation?

I could see the Bills jumping on Light if he were available
              I haven't heard anything of the sort and it would surprise me.

Moss is in the last year of his contract and there hasn't been any move to extend him, but if they dump him then who plays WR? I realize Moss is a lightning rod for the media, but the guy had 1,300 yards and 13 TDS last year, and they don't have anything else like him on the roster. Unless they get another #1 WR, it doesn't seem like they could cut him.

Light is also in the last year of his contract, and makes an affordable $4.5M next year, short money for a LT. The "talk" is all speculation based on Sebastian Vollmer playing well when Light was out with an injury. However, when Light returned Vollmer started at RT and I think the Pats were pleased with the combination. I would expect them to maintain that, rather than create a hole on the team. Really, why would they cut him? The guy is a good player, and after next year I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to sign him to an extension.

As for Thomas, he is almost certain to be cut. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats hold on to him for a while. There is no roster bonus or anything due which would force his release, and they likely will hold onto him to keep him away from the Jets or Ravens.
              Last edited by Ickybaluky; 02-18-2010, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Prov401
                President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                • Aug 2008

I agree with NE39. There isn't a real reason to cut him. I'm just going off of what I've heard. And this was reported last month on Light, just after the Pats playoff loss.

Patriots | Light could be released
                Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:16:47 -0800

Albert Breer, of the Boston Globe, reports the New England Patriots OT Matt Light could be released during the offseason because he is scheduled to make $4.5 million in 2010.

www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
                  I agree with NE39. There isn't a real reason to cut him. I'm just going off of what I've heard. And this was reported last month on Light, just after the Pats playoff loss.

Patriots | Light could be released
                  Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:16:47 -0800

Albert Breer, of the Boston Globe, reports the New England Patriots OT Matt Light could be released during the offseason because he is scheduled to make $4.5 million in 2010.

www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
                  I like Breer, but he is speculating and I respectfully disagree. If you ask me, $4.5M isn't a lot for a LT. Light battled back from a dislocated kneecap to return late in the year, and I think the Pats were happy with the combination of him and Vollmer.

At the end of the day, I ask myself why such a move would be made. Money? It isn't really a lot compared to the overall team. The only way I could see the money being a factor is if they have to spend a lot in other areas. Maybe they plan on spending a lot on a FA or something, so they are saving it on the OL. That is the only reason I could see money being a factor, as it would effect the overall budget.

At the end of the day, I just dont' see it. Why create a hole at OT when you have other areas to address? That usually isn't how the team operates.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                    • Feb 2008

Moss, Light, Burgess, Thomas. Lets steal them all then draft Clausen or any other QB not named Tebow

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

I don't see the Pats signing Wilfork to a new deal, I see them pissing him off by tagging him. Of course he may hold out and then everyone will speculate of the Pats are going to trade him.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Matt Light? Really? What will Fagan Door do now?
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                        X