PDA

View Full Version : Complete list of every UFA

patmoran2006
02-18-2010, 12:15 PM
http://nfllabor.com/

It lists in order by team all 235 players who are scheduled to become UFA on March 5.

And it also lists each players agent so you can stick up your middle finger at anyone represented by Eugene Parker

Griz78
02-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Thanks Pat! Looks like a good reference.

Question, did you participate in that Webinar by Andrew Brandt of the National Football Post? Just wondering if there were any good tidbits.

patmoran2006
02-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks Pat! Looks like a good reference.

Question, did you participate in that Webinar by Andrew Brandt of the National Football Post? Just wondering if there were any good tidbits.
No, I didn't. But I will be attending several over the summer.

Don't Panic
02-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks Pat... I needed this list. Finally got me motivated to do some research.

Out of the proven commodities on that list (which i feel we need to place our greater focus on in FA), here are some options I see as being feasible in FA (by position, in order of preference):

DE - Seymour, Vanden Bosch, Jarvis Green, Tyler Brayton, Marques Douglas

NT - Wilfork, Pickett, Hampton

OLB - Banta-Cain (if Schobel is gone)

WR - Chambers (if TO is gone)

Three Pats on that list... they can only protect two.

Ideally/realistically, I'd like to see us get Seymour (but Green if not), Pickett and Chambers, with Schobel coming back. That would leave LT for #9 (loved seeing Okung there in Kiper's latest) and we'd have a starting lineup ready. Every other pick could be used on depth. It wouldn't be a great team, but it would be the best we've had in some time and a step in the right direction.

Ickybaluky
02-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks Pat... I needed this list. Finally got me motivated to do some research.

Out of the proven commodities on that list (which i feel we need to place our greater focus on in FA), here are some options I see as being feasible in FA (by position, in order of preference):

DE - Seymour, Vanden Bosch, Jarvis Green, Tyler Brayton, Marques Douglas

NT - Wilfork, Pickett, Hampton

OLB - Banta-Cain (if Schobel is gone)

WR - Chambers (if TO is gone)

Three Pats on that list... they can only protect two.

Ideally/realistically, I'd like to see us get Seymour (but Green if not), Pickett and Chambers, with Schobel coming back. That would leave LT for #9 (loved seeing Okung there in Kiper's latest) and we'd have a starting lineup ready. Every other pick could be used on depth. It wouldn't be a great team, but it would be the best we've had in some time and a step in the right direction.

Seymour is certain to be franchised, as will Wilfork, if a new deal isn't worked out before the start of the season. Ditto for Douglas, Hampton and possibly PIckett.

Banta-Cain is someone the Pats are trying to bring back and sign before the start of FA.

Jarvis Green is going to test he waters, and it will be interesting to see what kind of interest he gets. The Pats haven't shown much interest in retaining him.

Don't Panic
02-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Seymour is certain to be franchised, as will Wilfork, if a new deal isn't worked out before the start of the season. Ditto for Douglas, Hampton and possibly PIckett.

Banta-Cain is someone the Pats are trying to bring back and sign before the start of FA.

Jarvis Green is going to test he waters, and it will be interesting to see what kind of interest he gets. The Pats haven't shown much interest in retaining him.

I agree... that's why I settled in with Green and Pickett. Ideally, it would be Seymour and Wolfork, but we may just have a chance at Green and Pickett.

patmoran2006
02-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Pickett is allegedly the Packer's #1 priority so the Bills better open the vault in a big way if they want a shot at him.

Prov401
02-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Seymour and Wilfork are 100% getting tagged.

ParanoidAndroid
02-18-2010, 02:36 PM
I'll take all of the Packers' UFA's except Ahman Green.

O-line fixed, NT addressed, OLB addressed. :D

Yeah.....right.

Ickybaluky
02-18-2010, 02:38 PM
I agree... that's why I settled in with Green and Pickett. Ideally, it would be Seymour and Wolfork, but we may just have a chance at Green and Pickett.

I think Green can be effective as a rotational guy, and he is a good guy in the lockerroom. I wouldn't overpay for him, but he does seem like a guy who can provide depth.

The Packers will push hard to keep Pickett, but if he hits FA he will be a very attractive player to teams. His overall value is hurt by his under-performing when with St. Louis, but he has played very well for Green Bay.

Prov401
02-18-2010, 02:46 PM
I think the Bills will only add 2-3 players in free agency. And those 2-3 players will not be huge names IMO.

I'd go after the likes of Banta-Cain, Vanden Bosch, Derrick Burgess, Larry Foote, Justin Bannan, and Terrell Owens.

I think any one of those players would fit well with our team.

The Spaz
02-18-2010, 02:52 PM
I found TO doesn't fit well with any team when **** hits the fan. The guy gave a half-assed effort all season. He can move the **** on!

Prov401
02-18-2010, 03:13 PM
I found TO doesn't fit well with any team when **** hits the fan. The guy gave a half-assed effort all season. He can move the **** on!

I'd quit on balls thrown 3 yards above my head, when I know my team may or may not get to 5 wins to end the season, and an impending spear was coming from an NFL LB or SS.

Get a QB in here to throw him the ball, and hit him in the hands. He dropped some passes last year no doubt. However, that's what you get with T.O. You get 80-100 catches, 1,000+ yards, 6-10 TDS, and 10 dropped passes. Unless your with Buffalo, then everything decreases by half because nobody can hit a receiver in the hands unless he's 3 yards away.

T.O is a competitor, and wants to compete. The Bills were a UFL team under Jauron. I'd quit too.

Don't Panic
02-18-2010, 07:53 PM
I hope the Peppers/NE rumors are true. That would open up Green and Banta-Cain fo sho.

ServoBillieves
02-18-2010, 10:16 PM
If not with the Pack, I think that Pickett may be allured by having his old line coach out there in Buffalo.

Pickett would be nice, but as depth for a 3-4 system, Justin Bannan hasn't been too bad for Baltimore.

jamze132
02-18-2010, 11:44 PM
I wouldn't expect for Buffalo to sign anyone who has the ability to start on the majority of the teams in the NFL. Ralph doesn't want to spend money and no player of signifigance is coming to Buffalo anyways.

Building depth and competition at camp is going to be the best and fastest way to get this team over .500. Of course with Nix on board now, the draft is the absolute least of my concerns now.

Blame Canada
02-18-2010, 11:46 PM
Don't be shocked if the Bills show considerable interest in Daunte Culpepper...Free agent, big arm, wants to start, is mobile, a Chan Gailey kind of player, allows us to address other needs in this draft....I'm just sayin'

PECKERWOOD
02-19-2010, 12:19 AM
Don't be shocked if the Bills show considerable interest in Daunte Culpepper...Free agent, big arm, wants to start, is mobile, a Chan Gailey kind of player, allows us to address other needs in this draft....I'm just sayin'

I would like that very much, he may actually have a little something left in the tank. Culpepper's strengths match with what Lee Evans does well, he would certainly be a better option than Trent if we cannot draft a QB.

gonzo1105
02-19-2010, 12:36 AM
I really could see the Bills bringing back Justin Bannan, going after Jarvis Green, adding someone like Brandon Gorin as depth at Tackle.

jimbohastle51
02-19-2010, 06:56 AM
UFA's mean nothing to us as the only ones brought in here will be the pat thomas's of the world. Nix already made it known he wouldnt be bringing in any pricey free agents and in the past couple of years there is only 3 types of UFA's - pricey, high risk that original team didnt want, and vet league minimum.

Don't Panic
02-19-2010, 07:38 AM
UFA's mean nothing to us as the only ones brought in here will be the pat thomas's of the world. Nix already made it known he wouldnt be bringing in any pricey free agents and in the past couple of years there is only 3 types of UFA's - pricey, high risk that original team didnt want, and vet league minimum.

I think he is going to look to build primarily through the draft, but I wouldn't be surprised if we brought in one top flight FA. I think Green, Pickett and Chambers is a pretty reasonable trio.

Ickybaluky
02-19-2010, 08:06 AM
I hope the Peppers/NE rumors are true. That would open up Green and Banta-Cain fo sho.

I don't think Banta-Cain would be tied into a Peppers deal. The Pats need multiple OLB. Assuming they sign him, Peppers would be a replacement for Derrick Burgess.

It probably is a pipe dream, though. I know there are people in the press beating the drum that the Pats will try to sign him (Cariucci, Kirwan), but when you look at the money they will have to spend to keep Wilfork, Brady and the rest it doesn't seem realistic. I hope I'm wrong, because Peppers is just what they need, but it doesn't seem terribly likely to me.