• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Dose of reality

Now with Butler retiring, I can not see the Bills doing anything other than draft a tackle at 9. I think Meredith could handle the RT spot, but this team is now in DIRE need of a blind-side guy. I was all for a QB, or even McLain at #9, but not anymore.

Still in shock Butler retired!
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: Dose of reality

what a difference a year makes. Peters, Walker, and Butler made T one of the better positions this team had per position. now they have Meredith, Bell, and ..... uh..... can i get some help here?
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mitchell55
      only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
      • Feb 2008

We got ta sign a T

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Brad Butler was a backup level player and little else. He will not trigger any panic moves.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• T-Long
          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
          Brad Butler was a backup level player and little else. He will not trigger any panic moves.
          Butler is the best tackle we had, so yes, panic has set in.

Comment

• Mitchell55
            only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Night Train

Merideth, Chambers, Bell are PS players tho

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by T-Long
              Butler is the best tackle we had, so yes, panic has set in.
              Meredith instantly played better at RT, which made Butler an overpaid backup.

I already knew he couldn't play Guard at all, watching him from my seat in the stands playing the part of a swinging door. There was a reason they drafted Wood & Levitre.

I never understood the attraction. Ever.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

If a Tackle WORTH the #9 pick is there & a QB is not, they will draft a OT. If however the QB is there they draft the QB. They can get a tackle in rounds 2-4. It is STUPID to draft for need ignoring value.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

I agree with both setiments here, Butler was a good assest to this team just because he could play 4 of the 5 line positions but was not good enough at any of them to be a starter. I thought Meredith was already better than Butler in what limited time he had last season.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days
                    If a Tackle WORTH the #9 pick is there & a QB is not, they will draft a OT. If however the QB is there they draft the QB. They can get a tackle in rounds 2-4. It is STUPID to draft for need ignoring value.

there isn't a QB in this draft worth the #9 pick overall. JMO
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• streetkings01
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by better days
                      Wouldn't drafting a QB be a need since we still need a QB? Better value would be to draft a tackle since we still have Edwards, Fitz and Brohm on the roster.......Gailey has been known to get the most out of his QBs!
                      You can call me streetkings

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                        You may be right, I don't know. I will leave that up to Buddy & the boys to decide. If there is no QB or OT worth #9, I would hope they could trade down a little & get more picks. God knows the Bills could use them.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

I don't see were "reality" comes into play. I don't think this forces the Bills hands AT ALL. Butler was average at best and injury prone. I am bummed he pussied out on football but he is far from irreplaceable. I am fine with Merideth at RT or Levitre at RT and Incognito starting. There are many options available.

We can easily grab an LT in round 2 if Mclain or one of the QBs are available at 9.

Before you jump down my throat I wouldn't be pissed if we grabbed an elite LT in the first, just saying it isn't a given IMO...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                            Not even Bradford?

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
                              Wouldn't drafting a QB be a need since we still need a QB? Better value would be to draft a tackle since we still have Edwards, Fitz and Brohm on the roster.......Gailey has been known to get the most out of his QBs!
                              You want to draft for VALUE at a position of need. QB is definitely a need. The Bills have Edwards, Fitz, & Brohm on the roster. The only one of those three that MAY be worth a damn is Brohm, we already know the other 2 are CRAP.

Comment

Working...
                              X