PDA

View Full Version : Yanno, Andy Levitre was a RT in college

patmoran2006
02-18-2010, 06:09 PM
In the words of Thurman Thomas.. "I'm jus sayin"

Ok, to be serious. Think Levitre to RT and Incognito plugged in at RG (who I have heard they are expected to tender) is the way they'll go?

Northern Stampede
02-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Makes sense...

T-Long
02-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Draft Pick LT, Levitre LG, Hangartner C, Incognito RG, Meredith RT

I'm not sure the status of Wood for the 2010 campaign, so I can't include him. We definitely need to upgrade at RT, but our #1 pick has GOT to be a LT now.

Raptor
02-18-2010, 06:13 PM
As much as people want him to be Levitre is not an OT on the NFL level. He's a OG leave him there.

Draft the OT's

Northern Stampede
02-18-2010, 06:15 PM
God I hope Wood is able to come back healthy next year!! :pray:
That guy is an animal, and I think going to turn into a great player for us.

ZAZusmc03
02-18-2010, 06:16 PM
I can see that working. I actually thought that when I received the text about butler. I think he could hold down the right side. FA Lt, wood, hangman, incognito, levitre would be decent line. And if we got a solid Lt in fa then maybe we could use that #9 pick on McClain. And Grab a tackle in the 2nd. And maybe(if he is still available) lefevour in the 3rd

T-Long
02-18-2010, 06:20 PM
I can see that working. I actually thought that when I received the text about butler. I think he could hold down the right side. FA Lt, wood, hangman, incognito, levitre would be decent line. And if we got a solid Lt in fa then maybe we could use that #9 pick on McClain. And Grab a tackle in the 2nd. And maybe(if he is still available) lefevour in the 3rd
There are no "solid" LT's in free agency really...teams get their LT's via the draft...that's why we have to address it then. I love the prospect of landing McLain, but LT is our biggest need and we should land Okung or Davis there at #9.

patmoran2006
02-18-2010, 06:24 PM
There are no "solid" LT's in free agency really...teams get their LT's via the draft...that's why we have to address it then. I love the prospect of landing McLain, but LT is our biggest need and we should land Okung or Davis there at #9.

The ones that are unfortunately are CBA FA's

Mahdi
02-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Davis is not worth #20 let alone 9.

Mitchell55
02-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Davis is not worth #20 let alone 9.

Wasnt Davis at number 2 LT after the season ended???

Mahdi
02-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Wasnt Davis at number 2 LT after the season ended???
Depends who you talk to.

IMO, Bulaga is #2 but he is not as good a prospect as others we could have at #9 who are not LTs.

When you look back at your draft in 3 years you want to make sure you didn't pass on Larry Fitzgerald for Brandon Albert.

Just because you need a certain position badly doesn't mean you take a lesser football player to satisfy that need.

I would rather have Dez Bryant than the #2 LT.

bigfish2112
02-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Depends who you talk to.

IMO, Bulaga is #2 but he is not as good a prospect as others we could have at #9 who are not LTs.

When you look back at your draft in 3 years you want to make sure you didn't pass on Larry Fitzgerald for Brandon Albert.

Just because you need a certain position badly doesn't mean you take a lesser football player to satisfy that need.

I would rather have Dez Bryant than the #2 LT.
Are you serious a receiver I dont think so and davis will go top ten.

DraftBoy
02-18-2010, 07:10 PM
You don't want to move Levitre. Even at RT he will be a liability in pass protection he needs to stay inside where he can be protected.

Let's give Jarmon Meredith some time to develop he has 1st Round talent.

SABURZFAN
02-18-2010, 07:12 PM
As much as people want him to be Levitre is not an OT on the NFL level. He's a OG leave him there.

Draft the OT's

i agree. i don't mind him at T for a start or two but not for a whole season.

Michael82
02-18-2010, 07:35 PM
You don't want to move Levitre. Even at RT he will be a liability in pass protection he needs to stay inside where he can be protected.

I liked a lot of what I saw from Meredith over the last few games. He showed some good potential and might be a solid RT for us for many years. We just need an LT.

Dr. Lecter
02-18-2010, 07:42 PM

And an 8th round brain

BillsMan80
02-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Our #9 pick doesn't have to be an OT. You don't take an OT just to take an OT because it fills a need. For crying out loud, that's how this team has killed themselves over the last 10 years valuing need over the better players. But obviously we need to come out of this draft with 2 Tackle prospects. I think with our 10 picks we need to have a combination of this: QB, OT, OT, DT, LB, DE, OLB, ILB, WR/RB, and I had FB in my Mock, but really any other position would do.

tampabay25690
02-18-2010, 09:52 PM
The ones that are unfortunately are CBA FA's

Yes you are correct and there is alot of them.

I would LUV Donald Penn from Tampa SOLID as a rock at LT....

TigerJ
02-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Yes but. . .

Yes Levitre played tackle in college, but it has been almost universally agreed by allegedly expert observers that guard is his natural position in the pros because of his lack of height and his short arms. I think the Bills will draft a left tackle. They may try to bring in somebody, but they already have Bell and Meredith who have started games. I think those two may be far more ready to start in 2010 than they were in 2009.

jamze132
02-18-2010, 11:35 PM
I don't feel Levitre is a good fit at either of the T positions for the same reasons that everyone else feels. He needs to stay at LG. When Wood is healthy, either this season or next, he needs to be the C. Incognito should be the RG. We need to find two Ts in te draft that can start immediately.

So if that means sacrificing the ability to draft McClain, so be it. And I was never on board with drafting a QB anyways so I don't feel the need to really mention it at #9.

Night Train
02-19-2010, 03:19 AM
Draft Pick LT, Levitre LG, Hangartner C, Incognito RG, Meredith RT

I'm not sure the status of Wood for the 2010 campaign, so I can't include him. We definitely need to upgrade at RT, but our #1 pick has GOT to be a LT now.

That's how I view it to the letter,even before Brad Butler quit. He was nothing but a backup.

Wood should take his time as Incognito was a fortunate signing. I was surprised how well Meredith played at RT, before he got hurt. Far better than Butler.

DraftBoy
02-19-2010, 07:37 AM
I really think if we add a LT in the draft and we can figure out the Wood/Incognito/Hangartner situation we have a really good OL.

LT-Rookie/Bell
LG-Incognito/Wood
C-Wood/Hangartner
RG-Levitre/Hangartner
RT-Meredith/Bell

The beauty of our potential backups (Bell, Incognito, and Hangartner) is that all play multiple positions. All of them can play the left or right side and Incognito and Hangartner can play OC or OG if needed.

That's a pretty good base right there.

THATHURMANATOR
02-19-2010, 07:45 AM
I really think if we add a LT in the draft and we can figure out the Wood/Incognito/Hangartner situation we have a really good OL.

LT-Rookie/Bell
LG-Incognito/Wood
C-Wood/Hangartner
RG-Levitre/Hangartner
RT-Meredith/Bell

The beauty of our potential backups (Bell, Incognito, and Hangartner) is that all play multiple positions. All of them can play the left or right side and Incognito and Hangartner can play OC or OG if needed.

Agreed. Lots of depth. The only good thing about how badly our line was decimated was the fact that many young players gained experience.

Is Jonathon Scott still on the team?

Mahdi
02-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Agreed. Lots of depth. The only good thing about how badly our line was decimated was the fact that many young players gained experience.

Is Jonathon Scott still on the team?
Scott will get cut in favor of Bell and Meredith.

patmoran2006
02-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Scott will get cut in favor of Bell and Meredith.

He doesn't have to get cut, he's a restricted free agent

Bert102176
02-19-2010, 11:39 AM
I want Dez Bryant, butwith all our needs hasto be the bext player available that is why this team is so screwed they keep reaching for players

ZAZusmc03
02-19-2010, 12:30 PM

LT-Rookie/Bell
LG-Incognito/Wood
C-Wood/Hangartner
RG-Levitre/Hangartner
RT-Meredith/Bell

I would be extremely happy with this line to start the season off, and hopefullly make it the full season without any of them landing on the IR. Somehow I managed to forget about Meredith, But looking back at the last few games of the season, The guy looks like he could be a big part of our line for many seasons to come. At least we can hope.