PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Spot on statement from Ross Tucker

patmoran2006
02-19-2010, 12:14 PM
SI_RossTucker (http://twitter.com/SI_RossTucker) (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
I'd be willing to bet a lot more NFL players get cut when the new league year starts on March 5th than get signed first day of free agency.

(I agree with this.. Porter, Thomas, Probably some Bills, there should be a lot of cuts that are made on March 5, with may or may not increase the talent pool in FA)

better days
02-19-2010, 01:13 PM
SI_RossTucker (http://twitter.com/SI_RossTucker)
I'd be willing to bet a lot more NFL players get cut when the new league year starts on March 5th than get signed first day of free agency.

(I agree with this.. Porter, Thomas, Probably some Bills, there should be a lot of cuts that are made on March 5, with may or may not increase the talent pool in FA)

I think it is just common sense. Players must be cut in order to be signed by a new team as there aren't many unrestricted FA players available otherwise.

Night Train
02-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Then he talks about "versitile Justin Bannon " on the verge of scoring big in FA. Wow.

Bannon probably had the shortest arms I ever saw on a lineman. He couldn't get off his blocks, when he was here.

Mahdi
02-19-2010, 01:39 PM
I think Flozell Adams could be a cut and I would love to be the team that picks him up.

Orlando Pace could also be done in Chicago, we could get a year out of him.

I can see Kareem Mckenzie being released from NYG as they have 2 young RTs behind him one of which is William Beatty who they drafted in round 2 last year.

There will be plenty of veteran OTs being released soon that we can choose from as temporary options.

BILLSROCK1212
02-19-2010, 01:45 PM
I think Flozell Adams could be a cut and I would love to be the team that picks him up.

Orlando Pace could also be done in Chicago, we could get a year out of him.

I can see Kareem Mckenzie being released from NYG as they have 2 young RTs behind him one of which is William Beatty who they drafted in round 2 last year.

There will be plenty of veteran OTs being released soon that we can choose from as temporary options.
Adams commits too many penalties and Pace is no better than what we have at this point so I'd prefer we stay away from them...Mckenzie would be okay for a year or two I guess

patmoran2006
02-19-2010, 02:03 PM
I think it is just common sense. Players must be cut in order to be signed by a new team as there aren't many unrestricted FA players available otherwise.

True.. The difference is that in year's past cuts would have to be made prior in order to be cap compliance before the start of FA, as opposed to an uncapped year.

Mahdi
02-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Adams commits too many penalties and Pace is no better than what we have at this point so I'd prefer we stay away from them...Mckenzie would be okay for a year or two I guess
Adams commits a lot of penalties yes but he is a monster in the run game and a good pass protector. 10x better than anything we have now. I wouldn't complain.

PECKERWOOD
02-19-2010, 02:31 PM
Adams & McKenzie would both be sexy.

jpdex12
02-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Adams & McKenzie would both be sexy.
That's pretty gay...really!

SABURZFAN
02-19-2010, 09:31 PM
That's pretty gay...really!

does that make PECKERWOOD a parasite? :idunno:

PECKERWOOD
02-20-2010, 01:07 AM
does that make PECKERWOOD a parasite? :idunno:

:nuk:

YardRat
02-20-2010, 05:35 AM
Teams would be foolish to not cut some higher priced vets with huge bonus money in order to get out from underneath the future obligation when a cap is re-instituted.