PDA

View Full Version : Assuming Tennessee doesn't award

PISSCHUNK
02-20-2010, 04:21 PM
would you give him a shot here as a "mobile QB" our new head coach likes?

I'm just saying...:rockout:

Bulaga = Wolford.

casdhf
02-20-2010, 04:28 PM
He'll be a Titan next year, Piss.

BillsWin
02-20-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm not really a fan of Young.

northernbillfan
02-20-2010, 05:14 PM
I like Vince Young. He turned things around last season and could/would be an asset for anyone who picks him up, it Tenn doesn't tag him that is.

Night Train
02-20-2010, 05:16 PM
Why wouldn't the Titans keep Young ? He seems to have turned it back around.

I'd take him in a second if they lost their mind.

PISSCHUNK
02-20-2010, 06:31 PM
He is due a huge roster bonus.....speculation is they might not pay it,making him a free agent.

Luisito23
02-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Stupid speculation...To think that the Titans would just let him become a free-agent is beyond stupid.

Night Train
02-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Young is due to collect a $4.25 million roster bonus on March 10 and is scheduled to make $7.25 million base salary in 2010. He’s scheduled to make $8.5 million in 2011.

“He’d love an extension,’’ Adams said. “I am pretty sure it is possible at some point. But we haven’t had any discussion about the contract. Everything is speculation right now. So I think it will probably stay as is for now and we’ll just see what happens.’’

Titans General Manager Mike Reinfeldt was unavailable for comment.

Young is scheduled to count $14.2 million against the salary cap in 2010, but since the season is probably going to be uncapped, that figure is not especially significant. In 2011 his cap number is scheduled to be $15.2 million. A new contract could lower those numbers.

casdhf
02-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Kerry Collins an option?

Beebe's Kid
02-20-2010, 08:36 PM
In a league where QB's are so valuable, I am wondering, why the hell would Tennessee let the guy that took them from zero wins to playoff contention?

If I remember correctly, Fisher didn't even want to play Young, but Adams made him. That would be owner, or the guy that writes the checks. If he felt so strongly about Young, and VY then made his team playoff contenders, do you really think he would watch him walk out the door? With nothing in return?

I would love to have Young. Young is developing into a premier QB in this league. If he had an offense built to his strengths, he would be a premier QB. That's my opinion, I am sure because he is quick, there will be several people bashing him. Because you aren't a good QB if you're not a statue.

PECKERWOOD
02-21-2010, 12:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYojs78Tf9Y

Buddo
02-21-2010, 04:05 AM
The 'problem' with Young, is the same one you have with Vick. You have to create the offense around their unique skillsets. Young does have age on his side, Vick doesn't.
The difficulty you then get into, is that you have to be certain that Young will be the guy who can win it all for you. If he's not, you will probably have to change everything again on offence, after a few years, certainly scheme wise.
I think Gailey could do quite a bit of good with Young, but he needs to be in a team that already has a good defense. We haven't got that, and with all the change coming, who knows when we will.
Like Vick, Young is no sort of long term solution to the Bills lack of success, and imho would not be worth having when we are in the midst of rebuilding.
What we need, are schemes that structures in place, that can suit more, not less, players, going forward.

Ickybaluky
02-21-2010, 06:59 AM
The 'problem' with Young, is the same one you have with Vick. You have to create the offense around their unique skillsets.

This isn't true. Young has developed as a passer, and if you watched him last year you saw a guy comfortable in the pocket who could make the throws. He isn't just a runner.

I'm not sure how you think Young will be released. The owner already said they are going to pay his roster bonus this year and will return. You must be reading articles from last year.

Bruce is Loose
02-21-2010, 07:29 AM
I would take Young in a second. Hes always been a gamer. I HATED the way he snatch a win a Buff a few years ago when we should have had it but he found a way to sneak it in on a long TD run.... This would be better than getting an aging McNabb or spending a high pick on an unproved, IMO. Give the guy some money and take a flier if we have the chance... cant pass him up!

Jan Reimers
02-21-2010, 07:41 AM
Why are we so sure that Gailey likes "mobile QBs?" He has had success with Tomczak, Fiedler and a very immobile Aikman, as well as Stewart, in the NFL.

YardRat
02-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Adams isn't going to let Young go, period.

Dujek
02-21-2010, 01:26 PM
If young became available I'd take him in a heartbeat.

The Titans aren't that stupid though.

Buddo
02-21-2010, 02:10 PM
This isn't true. Young has developed as a passer, and if you watched him last year you saw a guy comfortable in the pocket who could make the throws. He isn't just a runner.

I'm not sure how you think Young will be released. The owner already said they are going to pay his roster bonus this year and will return. You must be reading articles from last year.

While Young has 'developed' as a passer, he still isn't a great passer, and is probably unlikely to be so, ever. Do you honestly think Young could run a 'pass first' offence like the Cards or Saints have, or even your Pats offense?
The original statement holds true as far as I'm concerned. You would have to tailor your offence heavily around his skill set, and you would have to revamp it for any other QB on your roster.

Personally, I doubt Young is going anywhere, I was merely making observations as to why I don't think he would be worth pursuing, in the unlikely event he did become available.

Ickybaluky
02-21-2010, 03:21 PM
While Young has 'developed' as a passer, he still isn't a great passer, and is probably unlikely to be so, ever. Do you honestly think Young could run a 'pass first' offence like the Cards or Saints have, or even your Pats offense?
The original statement holds true as far as I'm concerned. You would have to tailor your offence heavily around his skill set, and you would have to revamp it for any other QB on your roster.

Yes, I honestly think he can function in an offense where he is required to pass a great deal of the time. That isn't to say he should abandon his ability to get out of the pocket and make plays, but he is a better passer than people realize. There were games last year when Young was called upon to stay in the pocket and throw the ball, and he did so. He had a career high 7.3 Yds/Att. He had a positive 10-to-7 TD-to-Int ratio. He didn't get sacked a lot or make a lot of negative plays. The guy has grown tremendously as a passer, and he won games with his arm as well as his legs.

Young still has to develop as an NFL QB, but the guy wins games for a reason. He is a terrific athlete who can make plays with his legs, and he is growing as a passer. The Titans need to continue to develop weapons in the passing game around him (getting Kenny Britt last year was a start), but I was impressed with his play in the pocket last year. The guy can throw the football.