PDA

View Full Version : 3-4 scheme question

BillsOwnAll
02-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Now im not into the whole "scheming" of the game. I just watch it and i dont like analyzing every aspect. But does this switch mean we wont play 15 yards off the WR at the line of scrimage? Im so sick of that %$% lol

Slim
02-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Now im not into the whole "scheming" of the game. I just watch it and i dont like analyzing every aspect. But does this switch mean we wont play 15 yards off the WR at the line of scrimage? Im so sick of that %$% lol

We will be playing more man on man in the secondary, so yes we won't play as far off the reciever as we have in the past. But this could change on any given down.

BillsOwnAll
02-21-2010, 02:11 PM
We will be playing more man on man in the secondary, so yes we won't play as far off the reciever as we have in the past. But this could change on any given down.

Well as long as on a 3rd and 5 we dont play 12 yards off haha.

Prov401
02-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Yea, the 12 yards off the receiver is likely gone. Many teams usually go man to man on 3rd downs, however, some still drop back 5-7 yards, but that allows the OLB's to flare out and cover a WR on a short/slant route.

PECKERWOOD
02-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Don't forget that you can still run the cover 2 out of the 3-4 formation.

Night Train
02-21-2010, 03:54 PM

I'd rather have terminal cancer.

Throne Logic
02-21-2010, 04:29 PM

oh man.

Now you've gone and done it . . .

Bubble burster.:anvil:

Mahdi
02-21-2010, 05:25 PM
It really means nothing as it relates to secondary calls. On any given play the CBs can be up in the face of the WR or can be playing off man coverage or even zone.

However, since there is generally more blitzing in a 3-4 scheme there should be plenty of bump and run.

wmoz11
02-21-2010, 05:36 PM

Well, yeah. The cover 2 is one of the most basic coverages in the world. You cannot, however, play the Tampa 2 out of a 3-4 alignment.

The cover 2 is a coverage, the Tampa 2 is a defense/scheme.

We, like every other team in the NFL, will play a lot of cover 2, but not the Tampa 2 (at least out of the 3-4 alignement).