PDA

View Full Version : Fred jackson

buffalobillsfan95
02-21-2010, 03:59 PM
In the final game vs. Indianapolis, Fred jackson had 33 carries for 212 yards with a 6.4 yards per carry average, with a terrible OL. I know that it was against Indy's back ups but still the buffalo bills should start running the ball 20 to 30 times a game this year. we would be looking at several 100+ yard games.also the more we run the ball the longer we would stay on the feild giving the defense a rest that they never got last year. so i say draft two tackles and a veterian in FA so we can have a solid OL for the runing game. this would allow us to start building up to franchise that we once were.
this is just my opinion,discuss.

Throne Logic
02-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Remember, just because you draft a couple OTs does not mean they'll contribute anything significant this year. The loss of Butler and the injuries to Bell and Wood have set the Bills' OL development back at least one year, likely longer.

That all being said, Fred Jackson is one of the very few players I would consider untouchable in regards to trade options. He is reliable, consistent, and entertaining. Something the rest of the organization has not been.

Night Train
02-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Our OL can be good with Hangartner at C, Levitre and Incognito at G, Meredith and a top Draft Pick at Tackle. Wood will return when he's ready.

Our middle of the line improved dramatically last year.

YardRat
02-21-2010, 05:47 PM
I don't think you have to worry about the Bills not running the ball enough this season.

JCBills
02-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Massive day on Meredith's lone start at LT :P

kelly2reed4six
02-21-2010, 10:26 PM
In the final game vs. Indianapolis, Fred jackson had 33 carries for 212 yards with a 6.4 yards per carry average, with a terrible OL. I know that it was against Indy's back ups but still the buffalo bills should start running the ball 20 to 30 times a game this year. we would be looking at several 100+ yard games.also the more we run the ball the longer we would stay on the feild giving the defense a rest that they never got last year. so i say draft two tackles and a veterian in FA so we can have a solid OL for the runing game. this would allow us to start building up to franchise that we once were.
this is just my opinion,discuss.

This is one of the reasons I actually don't mind the Gailey hire; he is a run guy! I def. agree! I think that Action as the starter and Beastmode as the 4th qtr clean up guy would be PERFECT! I could see several games where both of these guys would go over 100 yds. I LOVE a crazy powerful passing game, but I would take a POWERHOUSE running game first! We could potentially win a lot of late november and december football games with a power run game.

THATHURMANATOR
02-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Our OL can be good with Hangartner at C, Levitre and Incognito at G, Meredith and a top Draft Pick at Tackle. Wood will return when he's ready.

Our middle of the line improved dramatically last year.
Agreed.

The line also features quite a bit of depth if we are able to acquire an LT in the offseason.

ChanGailey
02-22-2010, 08:29 AM
The problem with Jauron is he wouldn't let this team assume any identity.

After the Jet's game of 08, if I was coach I would've let Lynch and Fred become the focal point of my offense. It seems obvious to me that it would bring guys up to the line and open Lee up for what he does best.

Lynch has had 25 carries in a game TWICE in his CAREER! We won both games, by the way.

I think and hope Gailey just pounds the ball like when the Bills played at Miami in 03, when Ricky Williams had 41 carries on us and barely broke 100 yards. But they just kept pounding it, and they won.