PDA

View Full Version : This is a tough time to be a Bills fan.

HHURRICANE
02-22-2010, 09:38 AM
I haven't posted much here the last few weeks because I really have lost much of my interest in the Bills. Im my estimation this is much worse than the 1975-85 run.

I had a few things pop up that I wanted to share with you. First off, I am debating on taking seats that have been in my family for 50 years. They are IMO the best seats in the Rich. A year ago it would have been a no brainer but I have to tell you that I'm seriously thinking about passing. I live it Atlanta so owning them is purely an emotional decision. Second, some of my family memebers got to meet Chan Gailey. All I can say is the word that one person used was "wimpy".

With the lockout, the extreme lack of talent on this roster, an owner that is well past his prime, and the potential cloud of relocating to Toronto hanging over our heads, I just can't find the fire. Brad Butler retiring was somewhat humerous as well. Think about it. A professional player who can still play quiting.

Anyway, I would love someone to tell me why I need to stay interested because I can't find one.

B-DON
02-22-2010, 09:46 AM
can you elaborate on why gailey was called wimpy?

HHURRICANE
02-22-2010, 09:54 AM

Just not very impressive in person. Meek. To be honest it sounded like they were describing Dick Jauron.

I feel like this was our "lockout" hiring.

B-DON
02-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Just not very impressive in person. Meek. To be honest it sounded like they were describing Dick Jauron.

I feel like this was our "lockout" hiring.

thanks, yea i wanted Frazier personally but hey what can ya do. you don't have to hold season tickets to prove your fandom, especially in this economy and even more because of how Ralph continues to blow the money us fans do spend on the organization. if i were you i would cancel them and just hit up a few single game tickets instead. just my two cents

ByrdsTheWord
02-22-2010, 10:08 AM

Get used to his face because he ain't here. lol. EDIT FOR ToS Violation

B-DON
02-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Get used to his face because he ain't here. lol. EDIT FOR ToS Violation

:bf1: great post byrddddd! thanks :yawn:

Ebenezer
02-22-2010, 10:30 AM
:bf1: great post byrddddd! thanks :yawn:

no worries B-Don...Byrd has been benched.

Beebe's Kid
02-22-2010, 12:31 PM

Did you expect Gailey to make your family do some sprints and push-ups? Maybe grab the biggest male in the crown and bite him on the bridge of the nose? Grab the youngest lady and have his way with her? Show up to wherever they met with no shirt on and a "Eat **** and Die" tattoo across his back?

I am guessing, but he probably was being what is sometimes referred to as a "gentleman." He probably has a different face in the locker room, on the practice field, and on game day.

All of that said, I am absolutely appalled that he didn't steal a $20 from your girlfriend, talk about his 48 kids (one in each of the Lower 48,) or get blaster with a taser for squaring up to fight a cop. What the **** kind of guy did the Bills hire here?

Your right. As usual, your posts of complete negativity about the team are an assessment that makes it hard to look the other way.

If the Bills really make you as miserable as it appears, I would let the tickets go. Life is short, and to have your existence marred by RW and his conspiracy to ruing all of our lives, you are wasting precious time.

Nighthawk
02-22-2010, 12:38 PM
thanks, yea i wanted Frazier personally but hey what can ya do. you don't have to hold season tickets to prove your fandom, especially in this economy and even more because of how Ralph continues to blow the money us fans do spend on the organization. if i were you i would cancel them and just hit up a few single game tickets instead. just my two cents

If you hate wimpy, then why would you want Frazier??? He is Jauron 2.0...

Nighthawk
02-22-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm much more optimistic then I was when they hired Jauron...a proven loser. From everything I've heard and know about Gailey, the guy is a winner...he won't blow you away, but he wins and knows how to coach offense and QB's. I just have a gut feeling this team will be much better then most are believing they will be.

WeAreArthurMoates
02-22-2010, 12:46 PM
If you hate wimpy, then why would you want Frazier??? He is Jauron 2.0...

That is a great point.

WeAreArthurMoates
02-22-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm much more optimistic then I was when they hired Jauron...a proven loser. From everything I've heard and know about Gailey, the guy is a winner...he won't blow you away, but he wins and knows how to coach offense and QB's. I just have a gut feeling this team will be much better then most are believing they will be.

Not me cause I agree 100% with you. While not my first choice, Gailey makes me so much more confident than any Jauron led team. It's great to know that we have a coaching staff that is going to be the aggressor.

TedMock
02-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Gailey is not a screamer and he will not undress a player at practice, but he is not wimpy either. Take a look at past comments and his reputation. Wimp is not part of it. He is a disciplinarian, but flexible. He punishes players for mental mistakes with old school running laps, sitting them for the next practice series, etc. He then sits and explains the mistakes and how to improve them. He doesn't yell and scream, but he holds them accountable. I'm fine with that. Accountability is the most important thing our team is missing (well, after talent). Too many mental mistakes. Gailey's game day decisions will ultimately tell us how well he'll do, but as far as practice habits and preparation are concerned - he's better than Jauron. There's a reason HH. Coaching already has better preparation habits. I live over 400 miles away (not as far as Atlanta) and I still keep my seats. I love the game experience in general and I sell most of the games I can't go to through ticketmaster. Actually, I make a profit on the sales. There's reason number two to keep your seats.

Cleve
02-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Realistically, we'll see a better product on the field with Nix and Gailey now at the helm. Will it be championship caliber? Probably not.

djjimkelly
02-23-2010, 12:57 AM
Realistically, we'll see a better product on the field with Nix and Gailey now at the helm. Will it be championship caliber? Probably not.

i know its gonna be at least watchable

TrEd FTW
02-23-2010, 03:18 AM

This is exactly where I stand. The career records of Jauron and Gailey speak for themselves. One guy is a proven, career loser. The other has won consistently everywhere he has been.

Gailey was far from my ideal choice to coach the Bills, and when he was hired I was dismayed, but I got over it quickly after taking a look at his career. As both an assistant and head coach, the guy's accomplished a lot at the highest levels of coaching.

jamze132
02-23-2010, 03:34 AM
Goodbye HH.

YardRat
02-23-2010, 05:22 AM
If you need somebody to give you a reason, then you're already gone. Read my sig, but I hope you enjoy whatever endeavor you choose to fill the void caused by no longer being interested in the Bills.

Personally, I'm optimistic about the direction the team is heading and looking forward to seeing how the new regime translates to play on the field and what results they'll achieve.

Goobylal
02-23-2010, 07:38 AM
You should stop following the Bills, HH. Because they will never get a "name" HC. If this past off-season's HC'ing search didn't prove that to you, nothing will. And if you're so miserable, it's best you walk away now. But I suspect you won't.

Jan Reimers
02-23-2010, 08:06 AM
I haven't posted much here the last few weeks because I really have lost much of my interest in the Bills. Im my estimation this is much worse than the 1975-85 run.

I had a few things pop up that I wanted to share with you. First off, I am debating on taking seats that have been in my family for 50 years. They are IMO the best seats in the Rich. A year ago it would have been a no brainer but I have to tell you that I'm seriously thinking about passing. I live it Atlanta so owning them is purely an emotional decision. Second, some of my family memebers got to meet Chan Gailey. All I can say is the word that one person used was "wimpy".

With the lockout, the extreme lack of talent on this roster, an owner that is well past his prime, and the potential cloud of relocating to Toronto hanging over our heads, I just can't find the fire. Brad Butler retiring was somewhat humerous as well. Think about it. A professional player who can still play quiting.

Anyway, I would love someone to tell me why I need to stay interested because I can't find one.
Do you always quit when things get tough? I'm sure you don't. But given the way you feel about the Bills, you probably should. If you can't derive some hope from our offseason FO and coaching moves, if you're not looking forward to FA and the draft, if all you see are the problems you've listed, you SHOULD walk away.

The wimp thing is the most telling. If you're condemning Gailey after a one-time meeting with your family, it's time to go. Everything for you translates into an immediate negative.

There is no sense in being a fan when all optimism and hope are gone. Better to entertain yourself rooting for a proven winner, or taking up other hobbies that bring you pleasure.

Dr. Lecter
02-23-2010, 08:10 AM
I thought you quit being a fan a year ago?

Goobylal
02-23-2010, 08:57 AM
I thought you quit being a fan a year ago?
He did. He just never quit being a poster.