PDA

View Full Version : THE REAL SOLUTION AT QB IS A CAROLINA QB...

ByrdsTheWord
02-22-2010, 09:41 AM
YES...IM FREAKIN BACK. I know you guys missed me so don't freakin deny it. :nono:

Trade for Matt Moore. From what I saw last year, this kid's legit and flat out good. He wouldn't cost us much and he's ready to start NOW. DO IT.

B-DON
02-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Matt Moore is worse than your posts. I'll pass

ByrdsTheWord
02-22-2010, 09:47 AM

Yea because he did so poorly last year against 2 great defenses. 299 yds, 3 TDs and a 123.2 rating against the Vikings and 171 yds, 3 TDs and a 139.8 rating against the Giants... Yea. Those numbers blow.

ByrdsTheWord
02-22-2010, 09:48 AM

Leslie Frazier ain't here so get that photo off. Thank god we won't have to get used to that face.

B-DON
02-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Yea because he did so poorly last year against 2 great defenses. 299 yds, 3 TDs and a 123.2 rating against the Vikings and 171 yds, 3 TDs and a 139.8 rating against the Giants... Yea. Those numbers blow.

did you even watch either of those two games? j stewart absolutely dominated the vikings d which no one can run on. moore was just benefactor of the best 1-2 running punch in the league. u should try watching some games instead of scouring nfl.com for stats

Dicknoze69
02-22-2010, 09:52 AM
YES...IM FREAKIN BACK. I know you guys missed me so don't freakin deny it. :nono:

Trade for Matt Moore. From what I saw last year, this kid's legit and flat out good. He wouldn't cost us much and he's ready to start NOW. DO IT.

Why would the Panthers trade Moore? He's likely going to start there this year.

B-DON
02-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Leslie Frazier ain't here so get that photo off. Thank god we won't have to get used to that face.

yea because seeing gayleys face is so much better. your football knowledge is horrendous

B-DON
02-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Why would the Panthers trade Moore? He's likely going to start there this year.

because byrd brains said so of course!!

HHURRICANE
02-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Until we get an oline there is no reason to talk about QB. We saw what a terrible o-line got us.

B-DON
02-22-2010, 09:56 AM

and the giants d was way down last year and the vikes weakness on d is their pass defense. try again byrdddd!!

ByrdsTheWord
02-22-2010, 10:02 AM
yea because seeing gayleys face is so much better. your football knowledge is horrendous

At least he's associated with the Bills...your IQ in general is way too low dude.

ByrdsTheWord
02-22-2010, 10:05 AM
did you even watch either of those two games? j stewart absolutely dominated the vikings d which no one can run on. moore was just benefactor of the best 1-2 running punch in the league. u should try watching some games instead of scouring nfl.com for stats
I was at the Giants game first of all so NO i didnt watch it. And he DOMINATED the Vikings defense. I suggest YOU watch those games because you obviously didn't. Go back to scouring NFL.com for stats rookie.

Edited for TOS Violation
2/22/10 - BMN

ByrdsTheWord
02-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Until we get an oline there is no reason to talk about QB. We saw what a terrible o-line got us.

Carolina's o-line's pretty bad themselves.

ByrdsTheWord
02-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Don't look at me when he's lighting up the league next year.

WeAreArthurMoates
02-22-2010, 10:08 AM
I'd certainly entertain the thought of this.

WeAreArthurMoates
02-22-2010, 10:10 AM

That's the beauty of it. If we get Moore, we can focus on the o line with the first pick then. I realize they may tender Moore a first round grade but when it's all said and done, it wont cost us that to land him.

ParanoidAndroid
02-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Moore has a couple of decent games.... I think he has more to prove before anyone gives up picks to land him.

THATHURMANATOR
02-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Is Carolina even looking to trade the guy?

B-DON
02-22-2010, 10:21 AM
I was at the Giants game first of all so NO i didnt watch it. And he DOMINATED the Vikings defense. I suggest YOU watch those games because you obviously didn't. Go back to scouring NFL.com for stats rookie. Or better yet go suck a dik. :nuk:

you mean that dominating giants team that didn't even make the playoffs. the panthers wouldn't even start moore when delhomme was throwing 8 picks a game. and try coming up with your own lines instead of jacking mine rook. real mature with the dick sucking comment too by the way. stay classy byrdddd!

Ickybaluky
02-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Is Carolina even looking to trade the guy?

No. He is a restricted FA and they probably are going to tender him at a 1st round level, probably a 1st-and-3rd.

Carolina isn't going to get rid of the guy, and yes he has a good chance to start next year. The fact is he played well in place of Delhomme. Sure, Carolina has a strong running game, but they did when Delhomme was in there as well. Moore did what he needed to win and was efficient. That Vikings game was the best game he played, throwing for almost 300 yards and 3 TD. His numbers for the season:

85-for-138 (61.6%), 1,053 Yds (7.6 Yds/Att), 8 TD, 2 Int, 98.5 QB Rating

Those are good numbers, and he was 5-2 in games he started.

There is no way Carolina lets the guy go. I don't think they are ready to hand him the team long-term, but Delhomme looked pretty much cooked last year and Moore has a good shot to be the starter this year. What he does with that opportunity is up to him.

Moore was a pretty good player at Oregon State (where he played for Mike Riley, a pro coach with a good record with QBs) and has played pretty well when given the opportunity as a pro. He isn't the biggest guy and won't wow you with physical skills, but he has shown he can play well enough for his team to win. At some point, you stop questioning what he looks like and just go with the results.

There is no way Carolina lets him go, and there is a pretty good shot he starts for them next season. I imagine Carolina will be looking to draft a QB as well, but Moore is in the mix and they will tender him high to keep him.

ServoBillieves
02-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Peyton Manning had a fantastic year last year, so did that Drew Brees guy. NOW! DO IT!

JCBills
02-22-2010, 11:26 AM

Lol.

Wouldn't cost much? Outside of the fact that he's Carolina's future at QB.

Shocking to think another team's plans might interfere with your trade fantasies.

streetkings01
02-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Matt Moore is worse than your posts. I'll passI'd gladly welcome Matt Moore to the Buffalo Bills!

elltrain22
02-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Welcome back to the board ByrdIsTheWord!! Where ya been???

Nighthawk
02-22-2010, 12:18 PM

Ehhh, if we had a good QB, the OL would look better...

Nighthawk
02-22-2010, 12:20 PM

Hey Juice, I didn't miss you and just because Moore played OK for two games, doesn't make him the solution to the Bills problems. Do you remember a guy who played well in one game for Jacksonville named Rob Johnson?

No thanks...I'll pass!

T-Long
02-22-2010, 12:21 PM
I would have no problem trading for Moore, but I think the Panthers believe he is their future and Delhomme is a few INT away from the end of his career in Carolina.

TedMock
02-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Moore is a decent QB and he will get tendered. He's their starting QB and with Delhomme on the way out, there's no way they trade him.

don137
02-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Living in Charlotte and being a Panther season ticket holder I can ensure you what NE39 said is correct. He is not going anywhere. He will be tendered and it will cost probably a first and a third to get him.

Ebenezer
02-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Welcome back to the board ByrdIsTheWord!! Where ya been???

same place he is now

:banned:

Nighthawk
02-22-2010, 05:56 PM
same place he is now

:banned:

Byrd is Juice and Juice is Byrd and neither can keep from being banned!