PDA

View Full Version : Jim Rome show today

DMBcrew36
02-22-2010, 12:06 PM
He has spent the 1st hour reading e-mails, taking calls and ripping Team Canada and Canadians so far. I normally don't like his show but it's pretty funny and listenable today. A lot of Miller talk. Canadiens are using Miller as an excuse - "Without Miller, USA would have... Canada would have... wah wah wah"

I love Canada (unless we're playing against them), but this is funny.

:usa:

SabreEleven
02-22-2010, 12:19 PM
This win will mean absolutely nothing if the USA 1)doesn't win the gold or 2)loses to Canada next time or 3)Both.

DMBcrew36
02-22-2010, 12:29 PM
This win will mean absolutely nothing if the USA 1)doesn't win the gold or 2)loses to Canada next time or 3)Both.

Maybe but his show today is about enjoying this 1 win today. It's been 50 yrs since the U.S. beat Canada in Olympic hockey - 1 day of celebration is deserved.

SabreEleven
02-22-2010, 01:09 PM
but you don't want to rub it in too much.

Forward_Lateral
02-22-2010, 01:13 PM
I don't understand what's funny about the statement "if it wasn't for Miller.."

Ebenezer
02-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Maybe but his show today is about enjoying this 1 win today. It's been 50 yrs since the U.S. beat Canada in Olympic hockey - 1 day of celebration is deserved.

yeah, it is the first win in 50 years...and just how many times did they actually play each other?

Forward_Lateral
02-22-2010, 01:16 PM
yeah, it is the first win in 50 years...and just how many times did they actually play each other?

I think 3 or something stupid.

Ebenezer
02-22-2010, 01:19 PM
I think 3 or something stupid.

And as I have said for 30 years if Gretz and Messier are playing for Team Canada in 1980 instead of jumping to the WHA in the late 70s the US might have had to face them in the championship game and possibly lost. People forget the US still had to beat Finland to win the Gold...There was no way that Fin squad would have made the medal round if Canada had Gretz, Messier and a few others.

OpIv37
02-22-2010, 01:33 PM
And as I have said for 30 years if Gretz and Messier are playing for Team Canada in 1980 instead of jumping to the WHA in the late 70s the US might have had to face them in the championship game and possibly lost. People forget the US still had to beat Finland to win the Gold...There was no way that Fin squad would have made the medal round if Canada had Gretz, Messier and a few others.
So what exactly is the point of this discussion? "if the US didn't have Miller yesterday..." or "if Canada had Gretzsky and Messier in 1980...."

but the US does have Miller and Canada didn't have those guys in '80, so why are we talking about this?

Ebenezer
02-22-2010, 01:35 PM
So what exactly is the point of this discussion? "if the US didn't have Miller yesterday..." or "if Canada had Gretzsky and Messier in 1980...."

but the US does have Miller and Canada didn't have those guys in '80, so why are we talking about this?

will you take a chill...for Christ's sake...it has nothing to do with yesterday...in 1980 the Canadian team was SEVERLY weakened...they were not in the US division and we didn't have to play them. Had they had a full team there may have been a 4th meeting between the US and Canada...that's all...get a grip.

RockStar36
02-22-2010, 01:40 PM
will you take a chill...for Christ's sake...it has nothing to do with yesterday...in 1980 the Canadian team was SEVERLY weakened...they were not in the US division and we didn't have to play them. Had they had a full team there may have been a 4th meeting between the US and Canada...that's all...get a grip.

I think you need to chill.

You've been banging this anti-pros in the Olympics drum for about two weeks and the argument is getting really old.

Just don't watch if you don't like it.

Ebenezer
02-22-2010, 01:42 PM
I think you need to chill.

You've been banging this anti-pros in the Olympics drum for about two weeks and the argument is getting really old.

Just don't watch if you don't like it.

This has nothing to do with the pros in the olympics...for christ's sake. we were talking about how many times the teams have played in the olympics...that's all.

SaviorEdwards
02-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Theres nothing wrong with enjoying this, its been a long time since we beat Canada in a meaningful game.

DrGraves
02-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Canada will lose to Russia so no matter what we do at least we will have bragging rights over Canada for the next four years. WOOOOO

BuffaloRanger
02-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Rome spends all his time on his knees servicing the sports of basketball and football, I am surprised he even knows what ice hockey is.

DMBcrew36
02-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Rome spends all his time on his knees servicing the sports of basketball and football, I am surprised he even knows what ice hockey is.

Exactly why I would never listen to him otherwise. He's a big mouth jungle-ball lover.