X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Jim Rome show today

He has spent the 1st hour reading e-mails, taking calls and ripping Team Canada and Canadians so far. I normally don't like his show but it's pretty funny and listenable today. A lot of Miller talk. Canadiens are using Miller as an excuse - "Without Miller, USA would have... Canada would have... wah wah wah"

I love Canada (unless we're playing against them), but this is funny.

Last edited by DMBcrew36; 02-22-2010, 12:15 PM.
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: Jim Rome show today

This win will mean absolutely nothing if the USA 1)doesn't win the gold or 2)loses to Canada next time or 3)Both.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SabreEleven
      This win will mean absolutely nothing if the USA 1)doesn't win the gold or 2)loses to Canada next time or 3)Both.
      Maybe but his show today is about enjoying this 1 win today. It's been 50 yrs since the U.S. beat Canada in Olympic hockey - 1 day of celebration is deserved.

Comment

• SabreEleven
        • Aug 2002

but you don't want to rub it in too much.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

I don't understand what's funny about the statement "if it wasn't for Miller.."

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
            Maybe but his show today is about enjoying this 1 win today. It's been 50 yrs since the U.S. beat Canada in Olympic hockey - 1 day of celebration is deserved.

yeah, it is the first win in 50 years...and just how many times did they actually play each other?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              yeah, it is the first win in 50 years...and just how many times did they actually play each other?
              I think 3 or something stupid.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                I think 3 or something stupid.
                And as I have said for 30 years if Gretz and Messier are playing for Team Canada in 1980 instead of jumping to the WHA in the late 70s the US might have had to face them in the championship game and possibly lost. People forget the US still had to beat Finland to win the Gold...There was no way that Fin squad would have made the medal round if Canada had Gretz, Messier and a few others.
                Last edited by Ebenezer; 02-22-2010, 01:20 PM.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

And as I have said for 30 years if Gretz and Messier are playing for Team Canada in 1980 instead of jumping to the WHA in the late 70s the US might have had to face them in the championship game and possibly lost. People forget the US still had to beat Finland to win the Gold...There was no way that Fin squad would have made the medal round if Canada had Gretz, Messier and a few others.
                  So what exactly is the point of this discussion? "if the US didn't have Miller yesterday..." or "if Canada had Gretzsky and Messier in 1980...."

but the US does have Miller and Canada didn't have those guys in '80, so why are we talking about this?
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    So what exactly is the point of this discussion? "if the US didn't have Miller yesterday..." or "if Canada had Gretzsky and Messier in 1980...."

but the US does have Miller and Canada didn't have those guys in '80, so why are we talking about this?

will you take a chill...for Christ's sake...it has nothing to do with yesterday...in 1980 the Canadian team was SEVERLY weakened...they were not in the US division and we didn't have to play them. Had they had a full team there may have been a 4th meeting between the US and Canada...that's all...get a grip.

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

will you take a chill...for Christ's sake...it has nothing to do with yesterday...in 1980 the Canadian team was SEVERLY weakened...they were not in the US division and we didn't have to play them. Had they had a full team there may have been a 4th meeting between the US and Canada...that's all...get a grip.
                      I think you need to chill.

You've been banging this anti-pros in the Olympics drum for about two weeks and the argument is getting really old.

Just don't watch if you don't like it.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                        I think you need to chill.

You've been banging this anti-pros in the Olympics drum for about two weeks and the argument is getting really old.

Just don't watch if you don't like it.

This has nothing to do with the pros in the olympics...for christ's sake. we were talking about how many times the teams have played in the olympics...that's all.

Comment

• SaviorEdwards
                          • Feb 2010

Theres nothing wrong with enjoying this, its been a long time since we beat Canada in a meaningful game.
                          "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

Comment

• DrGraves
                            • Mar 2008

Canada will lose to Russia so no matter what we do at least we will have bragging rights over Canada for the next four years. WOOOOO

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                              WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                              • Mar 2003

Rome spends all his time on his knees servicing the sports of basketball and football, I am surprised he even knows what ice hockey is.
                              Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

Working...
                              X