• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Tebow trying to refine his throwing motion

Tim Tebow is, essentially, painting over the masterpiece he created at the University of Florida.
    In an effort to quiet his critics and refine his game, Tebow is changing the way he holds a football, shifting it from his waist to his shoulder. He is concentrating on taking three- and five-step drops instead of working out of the shotgun formation he used at Florida.
    He will not unveil Tebow 2.0 at this week's scouting combine in Indianapolis, preferring instead to wait for his pro day at the University of Florida on March 17.
    But until then, he will continue working on improving his fundamentals in an effort to improve his draft position and his game.

Former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow is changing the way he holds a football, shifting it from his waist to his shoulder.

I have a ton of respect for the amount of work and energy this guy puts into everything he does, and I kinda hope he succeeds at the next level...even if it is not for us. It will be interesting to see how much he can actually changed before his pro day and how that will affect his draft stock.

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Tebow trying to refine his throwing motion

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
    Tim Tebow is, essentially, painting over the masterpiece he created at the University of Florida.
    In an effort to quiet his critics and refine his game, Tebow is changing the way he holds a football, shifting it from his waist to his shoulder. He is concentrating on taking three- and five-step drops instead of working out of the shotgun formation he used at Florida.
    He will not unveil Tebow 2.0 at this week's scouting combine in Indianapolis, preferring instead to wait for his pro day at the University of Florida on March 17.
    But until then, he will continue working on improving his fundamentals in an effort to improve his draft position and his game.

Former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow is changing the way he holds a football, shifting it from his waist to his shoulder.

I have a ton of respect for the amount of work and energy this guy puts into everything he does, and I kinda hope he succeeds at the next level...even if it is not for us. It will be interesting to see how much he can actually changed before his pro day and how that will affect his draft stock.
    Translation:

The kid gets what some others don't...if he doesn't change he won't be a factor in the draft or in the NFL. Remember, in the draft the higher you get selected the more your bonus money is!!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      Translation:

The kid gets what some others don't...if he doesn't change he won't be a factor in the draft or in the NFL. Remember, in the draft the higher you get selected the more your bonus money is!!
      Hes a smart dude, and he realizes that if he works hard enough and convince someone to draft him in Round 2 or so, he will probably stick in the NFL long enough to make enough money to carry him for the rest of his life.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
        Hes a smart dude, and he realizes that if he works hard enough and convince someone to draft him in Round 2 or so, he will probably stick in the NFL long enough to make enough money to carry him for the rest of his life.
        yeah, but one month is a rather short time to try to break a "football lifetime" of bad habits.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

yeah, but one month is a rather short time to try to break a "football lifetime" of bad habits.

very true. i dont think anyone can expect him to completely change his mechanics in 1 month, but its gonna depend on the amount of progress he can make in this month that might make a GM jump at him earlier than they would have before.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Translation:

The higher bonus might look good in the short term, but with it come greater expectations. If Tebow is selected in the 2nd or 3rd round a team will be able to give him the time to develop, not so much if he is picked in the 1st. I think JP Losman would have had a better chance if he had been picked a little later than he was.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days
              The higher bonus might look good in the short term, but with it come greater expectations. If Tebow is selected in the 2nd or 3rd round a team will be able to give him the time to develop, not so much if he is picked in the 1st. I think JP Losman would have had a better chance if he had been picked a little later than he was.
              Tebow is not going in the first round regardless his throwing motion. You are right. Tebow has a better chance if he is drafted lower. but what is better...second round and not make it or fifth round and not make it? Even with a new throwing motion there are many who feel he won't make it as a QB...it's more than just throwing...the guy has never been a real QB...he hasn't had to read a defensive to save his life.
              Last edited by Ebenezer; 02-22-2010, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Tebow is not going in the first round regardless his throwing motion. You are right. Tebow has a better chance if he is drafted lower. but what is better...second round and not make it or fifth round and not make it? Even with a new throwing motion there are many who feel he won't make it as a QB...it's more than just throwing...the guy has never been a real QB...he hasn't had to read a defensive to save his life.
                I am a Gator fan & have watched 90% of the games Tebow has played. He is as real of a QB as Bradford. I have seen him complete many passes even with his poor mechanics & he has played against the best college has to offer in the SEC. I believe Tebow will be a good NFL QB, it just may take him a while to get there. He has a passion for the game & a work ethic seldom seen, he will get it done.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

I am a Gator fan & have watched 90% of the games Tebow has played. He is as real of a QB as Bradford. I have seen him complete many passes even with his poor mechanics & he has played against the best college has to offer in the SEC. I believe Tebow will be a good NFL QB, it just may take him a while to get there. He has a passion for the game & a work ethic seldom seen, he will get it done.
                  No offense...I'll take the word of people who work in the NFL.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                    • Mar 2003

Key words i wouldnt listen to a gator fan about this subject.

tebow is far from being a top QB and but anything later then 3rd would surprise me has enough talent, work ethic and i could see him after a few years becoming a solid QB but not worth the risk

MUCK
                    FIAMI

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

No offense...I'll take the word of people who work in the NFL.
                      No offense taken. The experts are divided on Tebow. Mike Lombardi said he thought Tebow would be a 1st rnd pick the week of the Senior Bowl & even now after his poor performance in the Senior Bowl has him going in the 2nd. Phil Simms & Jim Kelly two pretty good QB's in their day both love Tebow.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                        Key words i wouldnt listen to a gator fan about this subject.

tebow is far from being a top QB and but anything later then 3rd would surprise me has enough talent, work ethic and i could see him after a few years becoming a solid QB but not worth the risk
                        There is not that much risk to take him in the 2nd or 3rd. The Bills took a QB that never won in College & was known to be injury prone in the 3rd rnd.

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

I would never bet against Tim Tebow.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                            • Feb 2004

this is funny...
                            GO Gators!!!!!!
                            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

a little to late... this isn't something you master in the months heading to the draft.

His Florida coaches let him down in that department. Should of had him working on this a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X