PDA

View Full Version : Check out the latest mini camp notes on Josh Reed!

Michael82
06-06-2003, 02:58 PM
Oh man...I gotta subscribe to the Shout! Insider to read the rest of this.

Reed hot, plus mini-camp notes
By Mike Doser
Date: Jun 3, 2003

It was Josh Reed day at the Bills’ organized team activity on Tuesday. Reed caught everything thrown to him. Some balls were inaccurate and he still came up with the catch. If he can do that in the regular season – and there’s no reason to think that he can’t because last year he caught nearly everything aimed his way during games – people would forget about Peerless Price in a hurry.....

http://story.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=24&p=2&c=114312&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fbills.theinsiders.com%2f2%2f114312.html

mypoorfriendme
06-06-2003, 03:25 PM
what about mcgahees progress thats reported on the the insider's webpage. too bad im not a subscriber

BillsNYC
06-06-2003, 03:44 PM
someone gave me the subscription as a gift...can't wait for that first issue!!!!!!!

Mr. Miyagi
06-06-2003, 04:13 PM
What a ripoff. Can't read the rest. Someone subscribe and post the rest please?

Jan Reimers
06-07-2003, 09:36 AM
That was all on Reed. The rest was good stuff on team chemistry--guys hangin' out together, bowling, etc.

McGahee jambed his thumb or finger catching balls from the JUGS machine--nothing serious. His rehab is coming along fine--really no new info.

R. Rich
06-09-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Oh man...I gotta subscribe to the Shout! Insider to read the rest of this.

Reed hot, plus mini-camp notes
By Mike Doser
Date: Jun 3, 2003

It was Josh Reed day at the Bills’ organized team activity on Tuesday. Reed caught everything thrown to him. Some balls were inaccurate and he still came up with the catch. If he can do that in the regular season – and there’s no reason to think that he can’t because last year he caught nearly everything aimed his way during games – people would forget about Peerless Price in a hurry.....

http://story.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=24&p=2&c=114312&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fbills.theinsiders.com%2f2%2f114312.html

That sounds a lot like what I've been saying all offseason. I was never one to worry about the #2 receiver spot, because I believe that Reed can handle it. He's not a 4.3 guy? Who cares? Neither is Jerry Rice, and who has been better than him in their career at WR? Nobody. It's nice that they got a veteran like Jett to maybe help mentor Reed and Aiken and it's nice to get a guy who can also help out in the return game like Shaw, but losing Peerless doesen't mean that this team is useless in the passing game. He will make teams pay if they decide to just double Moulds and not worry about him.

yle
06-09-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by R. Rich

It's nice that they got a veteran like Jett to maybe help mentor Reed and Aiken...

Jett mentoring session quote:
"When I was sitting on the bench, Jerry Rice would ..."

R. Rich
06-09-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by yledust

Jett mentoring session quote:
"When I was sitting on the bench, Jerry Rice would ..."

LOL; you have a point. Over the past few years, that's been his job-to come off the bench, if called. But, he was a decent deep ball threat for a while before that, plus he's been in the league for 11 years. I think he may know a thing or two to teach the young guys. I still think Reed will have a great season, no matter who is there to help him (Johnson or Jett).

Throne Logic
06-09-2003, 12:24 PM
They want $80 for a one-year subscription?!?!?!?!?!? Holy Crap.

I remember getting a 3 year subscription for about $35 and I still thought it was a rip-off, 'cuz you only get about 2 or 3 off-season issues. Plus, they were always late arriving in CT, so the pre-game stuff was useless.

Hell, I can get ESPN the Mag for 3 years for about 1/2 that price right now.

Damn. Screw Larry Bump. I've got BillsZone!

The_Philster
06-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
They want $80 for a one-year subscription?!?!?!?!?!? Holy Crap.

That's counting the online special features and stories. The newspaper itself is $45 I believe.

THenPitBull
06-09-2003, 04:59 PM
Just reading the thread starter, I've already forgotton about peerless.

The_Philster
06-09-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by THenPitBull
Just reading the thread starter, I've already forgotton about peerless.

Who? ;)