PDA

View Full Version : Dexter McCluster?

BillsFanCupp38
02-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Anyone know where he is projected to go in the draft? This kid has speed to burn and would be a great change of pace from Freddie. And if we draft him it makes Lynch even more irrelevant. I say if he is there in the 2nd or 3rd round Buffalo needs to get him. Enough with drafting for needs lets draft the best player on the board!:superman:

Mahdi
02-23-2010, 09:40 AM
I think a team takes him in the second round for his game breaking skills. Maybe a team like SF or Pittsburgh.

SaviorEdwards
02-23-2010, 09:44 AM
He's one of the guys who will blow away people at the combine and gain about 15 slots in the draft just for his speed alone. Not unlike Chris Johnsons ascendancy.

TigerJ
02-23-2010, 09:48 AM
In Chris Johnson's case it certainly seems justified in retrospect. McCluster is a certified smurf and would not survive the pounding of playing a lot of downs. The team that drafts him has to take that into account. The guy who caught my eye is LaMarcus Coker. He has Chris Johnson like speed, and better size than McCluster. He also can be had later in the draft. The risk? He was caught three times with a positive test for marijuana use at Tennessee, and finally kicked out of school. He enrolled at Hampton where he's been a model citizen and a captain of the football team. The team that considers him has to do their due diligence on whether or not his drug issues are completely behind him, but if you take him in round 6 you might just get a real gem!

Night Train
02-23-2010, 10:04 AM
He is uber tiny in frame and makes Leon Washington look like King Kong.

A great change of pace guy and returner, little doubt.

Ickybaluky
02-23-2010, 10:11 AM
He is uber tiny in frame and makes Leon Washington look like King Kong.

A great change of pace guy and returner, little doubt.

He also catches the ball well and is a legitimate option as a 3rd down back. I think he compares favorably to Darren Sproles when he came out of K State.

Pinkerton Security
02-23-2010, 10:16 AM
I think McCluster will become a huge playmaker in the NFL but we dont have the luxury of drafting someone like him unless he lasts until the 4th or 5th round, which he wont. Is Noel Devine coming out this year?? If so he might be an alternative later on in the draft.

DraftBoy
02-23-2010, 10:41 AM
I dont see a spot for him in the NFL outside of trick plays and ST's. However his playmaking ability can not be denied he's a 3rd-4th Round pick imo. Could go though in the late 2nd.

k-oneputt
02-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Yeah, I've heard of this McCluster.

BillsFanCupp38
02-23-2010, 04:03 PM
He reminds me of Jamal Charles in KC or Felix Jones and Dave Meggit type player. No way is he an every down player but he could make big plays for the team that gets him. I will be hoping Buffalo gets him!

Pinkerton Security
02-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I've heard of this McCluster.

whats up with these posts?

k-oneputt
02-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Been talking about him for four months.

YardRat
02-23-2010, 05:16 PM
I'd love to have him on the team just so I could refer to him as McCluster**** when he screws up.

Pinkerton Security
02-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Been talking about him for four months.

yeah no crap, i was in love with him since I saw him play for the first time. Im just saying...u had the same short post in another thread, the one about Jevan Snead, except obviously with the name changed...

yeah, I've heard of this (insert name here)

k-oneputt
02-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Same story.

Got same bs on each one from some here.

Jaybird
02-23-2010, 08:27 PM
He also catches the ball well and is a legitimate option as a 3rd down back. I think he compares favorably to Darren Sproles when he came out of K State.

Sproles is much thicker

Ickybaluky
02-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Sproles is much thicker

Sproles wasn't that much thicker coming out of college. Neither guy is going to be pushing a pile. As small as McCluster is, he plays tough and is stronger than you think. Watch him block, he really gives effort and is effective. That effort combined with his physical skills and pure speed are going to make him a pro.

McCluster has a role in the NFL. Yeah, he is small, but he has a rare combination of lateral agility and pure speed. He is versatile and can fill several roles. I think he will contribute right away on ST and can be a explosive 3rd down back in the NFL. He'll never be a regular player, but with his versatility and ability to catch the ball he will be a very valuable role player.