X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Total number of Draft Picks

We all know we have our 7 and we supposedly received a 6th from Philly in Peters trade and a 7th from the Lions for Simpson. However, nothing has been made official as to our total number of picks.
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Total number of Draft Picks

I don't think anything has been made "official," but those are indeed the picks we received. A 6th in the Peters trade and a 7th from Detroit.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• gonzo1105
      • Jul 2002

we currently have 9 draft picks......I dont believe we will get anything more then a 7th round compensatory pick or nothing at all. So we might have 9 or 10 without any trades

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

do we get any compensary picks this year?
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

We should be getting one for Greer...

Comment

• ServoBillieves
            The Voice of Reason
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Carpetbagger
            We should be getting one for Greer...
            That has been the question on my mind actually...
            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• gonzo1105
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP
              That has been the question on my mind actually...

Ok, I dont know if everyone knows about him but the AdamJT guy who is usually right on most of his compensatory picks says that at most the Bills will get a 7th rounder and have a chance at getting nothing. Just because you lose a good player like Greer doesn't mean you automatically get a pick

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by gonzo1105
                Ok, I dont know if everyone knows about him but the AdamJT guy who is usually right on most of his compensatory picks says that at most the Bills will get a 7th rounder and have a chance at getting nothing. Just because you lose a good player like Greer doesn't mean you automatically get a pick
                Was totally kidding... it's to my understanding that we get nothing for losing a FA. Still feel like we should get something for losing such a great player... Disappointment :-/
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• clumping platelets

At this point, there are 3 possibilities for comp picks:

1) no comp picks

2) Net value comp pick (likely a 7th rd pick). Formula determines Bills lost more than gained in FA even though no. signed = no. lost

3) or the last possibility is that the NFL is required to award 32 comp picks., If the formula does not award all 32 to teams that lost FAs then the remaining picks are awarded to the teams that comprise the top of the 1st rd. Bills pick 9th, so in order to get a comp pick in this scenario, the league would need to award only 23 picks to teams as compensation for players lost.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

The Bills fans should be given comp tickets for being shafted for so long.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Personally Id like to deal down in both Round 2 and 3 and aquire somewhere between 12 and 14 total draft picks for this draft. I think having multiple picks in Rounds 3, 4, and 5 will yield us great results in a short period of time.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DesertFox24
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Personally Id like to deal down in both Round 2 and 3 and aquire somewhere between 12 and 14 total draft picks for this draft. I think having multiple picks in Rounds 3, 4, and 5 will yield us great results in a short period of time.
                        Agree there are going to be some real solid players in rounds 3, 4, and 5 this year.

Personally the guy I want at 9 is Brandon Graham he would be a terror of the edge for us.

I want to sign Tra Thomas and Chad Clifton so this would eliminate us drafting for need. I would also like us to sign a DE or two.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DesertFox24
                          Agree there are going to be some real solid players in rounds 3, 4, and 5 this year.

Personally the guy I want at 9 is Brandon Graham he would be a terror of the edge for us.

I want to sign Tra Thomas and Chad Clifton so this would eliminate us drafting for need. I would also like us to sign a DE or two.
                          I really think Graham is a better suited fit at 4-3 DE then he is at 3-4 OLB. Mahdi and I disagree but I just think he is a much better 4-3 DE prospect because of how he works on the line, as opposed to having to work in space.

I dont think signing Thomas or Clifton eliminate the need to be honest.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

We also signed Owens, among other players (Hangartner, who played all 16 games). I seriously doubt we get any compensatory picks.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• JCBills
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              Pretty much the same for me, I think trading down to the late 1st to grab extra picks is the best move we can make. I also think someone will be dealt at some point, so there's the potential for the acquisition of picks there as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X