PDA

View Full Version : Total number of Draft Picks

DesertFox24
02-23-2010, 10:08 AM
We all know we have our 7 and we supposedly received a 6th from Philly in Peters trade and a 7th from the Lions for Simpson. However, nothing has been made official as to our total number of picks.

psubills62
02-23-2010, 10:09 AM
I don't think anything has been made "official," but those are indeed the picks we received. A 6th in the Peters trade and a 7th from Detroit.

gonzo1105
02-23-2010, 01:47 PM
we currently have 9 draft picks......I dont believe we will get anything more then a 7th round compensatory pick or nothing at all. So we might have 9 or 10 without any trades

bigbub2352
02-23-2010, 03:27 PM
do we get any compensary picks this year?

Don't Panic
02-23-2010, 07:00 PM
We should be getting one for Greer...

ServoBillieves
02-23-2010, 07:06 PM
We should be getting one for Greer...

That has been the question on my mind actually...

gonzo1105
02-23-2010, 10:13 PM
That has been the question on my mind actually...

Ok, I dont know if everyone knows about him but the AdamJT guy who is usually right on most of his compensatory picks says that at most the Bills will get a 7th rounder and have a chance at getting nothing. Just because you lose a good player like Greer doesn't mean you automatically get a pick

ServoBillieves
02-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Ok, I dont know if everyone knows about him but the AdamJT guy who is usually right on most of his compensatory picks says that at most the Bills will get a 7th rounder and have a chance at getting nothing. Just because you lose a good player like Greer doesn't mean you automatically get a pick

Was totally kidding... it's to my understanding that we get nothing for losing a FA. Still feel like we should get something for losing such a great player... Disappointment :-/

clumping platelets
02-23-2010, 11:27 PM
At this point, there are 3 possibilities for comp picks:

1) no comp picks

2) Net value comp pick (likely a 7th rd pick). Formula determines Bills lost more than gained in FA even though no. signed = no. lost

3) or the last possibility is that the NFL is required to award 32 comp picks., If the formula does not award all 32 to teams that lost FAs then the remaining picks are awarded to the teams that comprise the top of the 1st rd. Bills pick 9th, so in order to get a comp pick in this scenario, the league would need to award only 23 picks to teams as compensation for players lost.

jamze132
02-24-2010, 03:38 AM
The Bills fans should be given comp tickets for being shafted for so long.

DraftBoy
02-24-2010, 07:33 AM
Personally Id like to deal down in both Round 2 and 3 and aquire somewhere between 12 and 14 total draft picks for this draft. I think having multiple picks in Rounds 3, 4, and 5 will yield us great results in a short period of time.

DesertFox24
02-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Personally Id like to deal down in both Round 2 and 3 and aquire somewhere between 12 and 14 total draft picks for this draft. I think having multiple picks in Rounds 3, 4, and 5 will yield us great results in a short period of time.

Agree there are going to be some real solid players in rounds 3, 4, and 5 this year.

Personally the guy I want at 9 is Brandon Graham he would be a terror of the edge for us.

I want to sign Tra Thomas and Chad Clifton so this would eliminate us drafting for need. I would also like us to sign a DE or two.

DraftBoy
02-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Agree there are going to be some real solid players in rounds 3, 4, and 5 this year.

Personally the guy I want at 9 is Brandon Graham he would be a terror of the edge for us.

I want to sign Tra Thomas and Chad Clifton so this would eliminate us drafting for need. I would also like us to sign a DE or two.

I really think Graham is a better suited fit at 4-3 DE then he is at 3-4 OLB. Mahdi and I disagree but I just think he is a much better 4-3 DE prospect because of how he works on the line, as opposed to having to work in space.

I dont think signing Thomas or Clifton eliminate the need to be honest.

psubills62
02-24-2010, 01:33 PM
We also signed Owens, among other players (Hangartner, who played all 16 games). I seriously doubt we get any compensatory picks.

JCBills
02-24-2010, 02:23 PM

Pretty much the same for me, I think trading down to the late 1st to grab extra picks is the best move we can make. I also think someone will be dealt at some point, so there's the potential for the acquisition of picks there as well.

clumping platelets
02-25-2010, 01:43 AM
We also signed Owens, among other players (Hangartner, who played all 16 games). I seriously doubt we get any compensatory picks.

Players used in the compensation formula must be players who are truly an UFA. Players released before completion of a contract are not part of the formula.

Night Train
02-25-2010, 05:17 AM
According to the GM's here, once the Bills trade Whitner, Lynch, Schobel, Kelsay, Edwards, McGee, Williams, Evans, Stroud, Mitchell & Poz, we should have somewhere around 29 picks.

This will allow us to draft a minimum of 3 QB's, 3 OT's, 3 DT's, 3 DE's 3 RB's, 6 LB's, 3 WR's and various roster depth.

THRILLHO
02-25-2010, 06:41 AM
According to the GM's here, once the Bills trade Whitner, Lynch, Schobel, Kelsay, Edwards, McGee, Williams, Evans, Stroud, Mitchell & Poz, we should have somewhere around 29 picks.

This will allow us to draft a minimum of 3 QB's, 3 OT's, 3 DT's, 3 DE's 3 RB's, 6 LB's, 3 WR's and various roster depth.

Wow, so we could take those picks, and start our own team!

DesertFox24
02-25-2010, 07:09 AM
I really think Graham is a better suited fit at 4-3 DE then he is at 3-4 OLB. Mahdi and I disagree but I just think he is a much better 4-3 DE prospect because of how he works on the line, as opposed to having to work in space.

I dont think signing Thomas or Clifton eliminate the need to be honest.

I actually think meredith and Bell could be solid players in time, but by signing these two guys it would allow us to draft a guy like Jared Veldheer, Jason Fox or another prospect in the third round.

I disagree with you on Graham I think he has the change of direction ability and can move in space, he would be just like Harrison in my opinion.