You guys might be putting me on "Shutter Island" after this... but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

You guys might be putting me on "Shutter Island" after this... but...

I know this sounds crazy, and it is, but in a sadistic (and fun) kind of way, if the Bills are looking to bring in a very cheap, low risk free agent QB to compete that actually fits the mold of a Chan Gailey-type offense... they could bring back J.P. Losman for a year! Remember, Losman had a 20 TD and 14 INT season when coached somewhat properly. Gailey likes scramblers with big arms (Kordell Stewart comes to mind). Not saying J.P. is the answer, of course he is not, but he might be a better short term fit for the team in a Gailey offense than Edwards or Fitzy to bridge the gap until the to be determined successor is drafted.

Lastly, X-Era could change his name back to jp-era!
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: You guys might be putting me on "Shutter Island" after this... but...

**** no!

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

Admittedly, I'm having a little fun with this. However, in all seriousness, there is nothing wrong with bringing in 4-5 cheap veteran clowns to compete in training camp, and let the best 2-3 stay. Maybe someone will turn out OK for a year. In the meantime, the cheap guys that don't make it can put on their big floppy shoes and red noses and entertain the kids at summer practice...

Comment

• djjimkelly
        • Apr 2003

i would love it but its never gonna happen.

and i dont want him here because i dont want to be thinking about what could have been if he was even remotely coached properly

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

X-Era could change his name to Evans-era if this happened.

Comment

• T-Long
            Circling the Wagons since 1982.
            • Sep 2003

ugh, I couldn't even imagine this. Yuck.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
              • Nov 2009

I agree, just haven't actually said it out loud yet.

A little coaching, and JP could be dangerous. We gave up on him way too quick.

Comment

• T-Long
                • Sep 2003

I think a lot of you guys have lost your damn minds....things have gotten so bad that some of you are ACTUALLY campaigning to bring Losman back??! Hell has officially frozen over.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by T-Long
                  I think a lot of you guys have lost your damn minds....things have gotten so bad that some of you are ACTUALLY campaigning to bring Losman back??! Hell has officially frozen over.
                  No worse than people campaigning to have David Carr brought in.

D & S Sports

Comment

• T-Long
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by RockStar36
                    At least Carr has talent. The guy was a #1 overall pick and got killed in Houston behind a horrible line. We've seen years of the Losman project and some of the worst blunders I've ever witnessed as a fan. Carr to me would just be a guy added to the mix for competition, Losman would be a nightmare.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                      Next Question!
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by RockStar36
                      You're right... both are first round QB's with big arms and are mobile. Both failed in their other situations. Both would be cheap... although I think J.P. would be cheaper and lower risk.

Comment

• T-Long
                        • Sep 2003

And another thing...Losman would never come back here. He didn't take backup jobs elsewhere so that he could start in the UFL.

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

I'm game. Sign him up. We are going to suck next year anyways. Might as well suck with style.

JP to Lee was fun to watch. TE to Lee made me nauseous.

(I'm kidding by the way, I don't want Losman back. But you have to admit, there were some things to cheer about when he threw that deep ball.)
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• Ed
                            • Sep 2002

Of a lot of the garbage names being thrown out there, I would take JP over all of them, but I highly doubt he would ever come back here.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                              Next Question!
                              • Nov 2004

Why not? It's a job. What are his choices? I would certainly take 500K over nothing if I were him.

Comment

Working...
                              X