PDA

View Full Version : You guys might be putting me on "Shutter Island" after this... but...

Mudflap1
02-23-2010, 12:55 PM
I know this sounds crazy, and it is, but in a sadistic (and fun) kind of way, if the Bills are looking to bring in a very cheap, low risk free agent QB to compete that actually fits the mold of a Chan Gailey-type offense... they could bring back J.P. Losman for a year! Remember, Losman had a 20 TD and 14 INT season when coached somewhat properly. Gailey likes scramblers with big arms (Kordell Stewart comes to mind). Not saying J.P. is the answer, of course he is not, but he might be a better short term fit for the team in a Gailey offense than Edwards or Fitzy to bridge the gap until the to be determined successor is drafted.

Lastly, X-Era could change his name back to jp-era!

The Spaz
02-23-2010, 12:58 PM
**** no!

Mudflap1
02-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Admittedly, I'm having a little fun with this. However, in all seriousness, there is nothing wrong with bringing in 4-5 cheap veteran clowns to compete in training camp, and let the best 2-3 stay. Maybe someone will turn out OK for a year. In the meantime, the cheap guys that don't make it can put on their big floppy shoes and red noses and entertain the kids at summer practice...

djjimkelly
02-23-2010, 01:05 PM
i would love it but its never gonna happen.

and i dont want him here because i dont want to be thinking about what could have been if he was even remotely coached properly

Oaf
02-23-2010, 01:06 PM
X-Era could change his name to Evans-era if this happened.

T-Long
02-23-2010, 01:10 PM
ugh, I couldn't even imagine this. Yuck.

Beebe's Kid
02-23-2010, 01:10 PM
I agree, just haven't actually said it out loud yet.

A little coaching, and JP could be dangerous. We gave up on him way too quick.

T-Long
02-23-2010, 01:11 PM
I think a lot of you guys have lost your damn minds....things have gotten so bad that some of you are ACTUALLY campaigning to bring Losman back??! Hell has officially frozen over.

RockStar36
02-23-2010, 01:12 PM
I think a lot of you guys have lost your damn minds....things have gotten so bad that some of you are ACTUALLY campaigning to bring Losman back??! Hell has officially frozen over.

No worse than people campaigning to have David Carr brought in.

T-Long
02-23-2010, 01:14 PM
At least Carr has talent. The guy was a #1 overall pick and got killed in Houston behind a horrible line. We've seen years of the Losman project and some of the worst blunders I've ever witnessed as a fan. Carr to me would just be a guy added to the mix for competition, Losman would be a nightmare.

Mudflap1
02-23-2010, 01:17 PM

You're right... both are first round QB's with big arms and are mobile. Both failed in their other situations. Both would be cheap... although I think J.P. would be cheaper and lower risk.

T-Long
02-23-2010, 01:18 PM
And another thing...Losman would never come back here. He didn't take backup jobs elsewhere so that he could start in the UFL.

BillsWin
02-23-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm game. Sign him up. We are going to suck next year anyways. Might as well suck with style.

JP to Lee was fun to watch. TE to Lee made me nauseous.

(I'm kidding by the way, I don't want Losman back. But you have to admit, there were some things to cheer about when he threw that deep ball.)

Ed
02-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Of a lot of the garbage names being thrown out there, I would take JP over all of them, but I highly doubt he would ever come back here.

Mudflap1
02-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Why not? It's a job. What are his choices? I would certainly take 500K over nothing if I were him.

RockStar36
02-23-2010, 01:45 PM
At least Carr has talent. The guy was a #1 overall pick and got killed in Houston behind a horrible line. We've seen years of the Losman project and some of the worst blunders I've ever witnessed as a fan. Carr to me would just be a guy added to the mix for competition, Losman would be a nightmare.

Here is how I read your post.

"I watched Losman a lot more because I watch all the Bills games and he is downright awful. Carr might be awful, but I didn't watch as many Texans games so while he is probably just as bad, I'm not as familiar with him so I think he is better."

Joe Fo Sho
02-23-2010, 02:06 PM
I'd rather have losman than trent for another year. At least losman made Bills football a little exciting.

Philagape
02-23-2010, 02:14 PM
I only find winning exciting. Therefore no Bills QB has excited me for a decade.

better days
02-23-2010, 02:28 PM
I would love to see what Chan could do with JP but I doubt it would happen. I have heard that JP will compete for the starters job in Oakland.

PECKERWOOD
02-23-2010, 03:34 PM
I'd take Losman back.

The Natrix
02-23-2010, 04:11 PM
I'd be down for giving JP another shot. It would be good because he'd be on a very short leash.

I don't think any of the other vet options out there are legit. But you know if Buffalo went with a guy like Campbell, and if he struggles (likely), there would be too many bs cries of "give him more time to develop." Then at the end of the year we wouldn't know anything about the other QBs on the roster.

If JP ****s the bed, he could easily be yanked after 3 or 4 games. Then in comes Brohm or a later round draft pick. If they all show no promise, hopefully the Bills get it right in the 1st or 2nd round of the 2011 draft.

Bill Cody
02-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Where are JPSDAD and Justa to explain how some good coaching from Chan is all JP needs.:scratch:

patmoran2006
02-23-2010, 04:24 PM
I know this sounds crazy, and it is, but in a sadistic (and fun) kind of way, if the Bills are looking to bring in a very cheap, low risk free agent QB to compete that actually fits the mold of a Chan Gailey-type offense... they could bring back J.P. Losman for a year! Remember, Losman had a 20 TD and 14 INT season when coached somewhat properly. Gailey likes scramblers with big arms (Kordell Stewart comes to mind). Not saying J.P. is the answer, of course he is not, but he might be a better short term fit for the team in a Gailey offense than Edwards or Fitzy to bridge the gap until the to be determined successor is drafted.

JP would never come back to this organization, not that have the slightest of inklings to want to see it happen anyway

Mr. Miyagi
02-23-2010, 04:28 PM

Why? Is Rob Johnson not available?

Mudflap1
02-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Is that true? Why wouldn't he come back if he didn't have any other job opportunities? Who wouldn't take 500K over spending their days playing minature golf, or whatever he would be doing?

Pinkerton Security
02-23-2010, 05:17 PM
shutter island sucks!

Mudflap1
02-23-2010, 05:19 PM
shutter island sucks!

I enjoyed it. It wasn't the greatest movie ever or anything, but I thought it was interesting.

X-Era
02-23-2010, 05:24 PM

As I said to Doc, Mikey, Mad, and others... the name wont change again until someone takes us to the SB.

I don't care if its only a one year wonder, Ill change it for that guy...

DilferEra? Id take it if it meant a SB appearance.

T-Long
02-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Here is how I read your post.

"I watched Losman a lot more because I watch all the Bills games and he is downright awful. Carr might be awful, but I didn't watch as many Texans games so while he is probably just as bad, I'm not as familiar with him so I think he is better."

It is insulting to me for you to think that that is my way of thinking. I am not a twelve year old kid who thinks someone is worse because I watched them more. Please.

I am saying that Carr has more talent than Losman. He was set up to fail with the Texans when they were a new franchise. I couldn't imagine a first round pick with more on his plate than him.

Losman was a HORRIBLE NFL quarterback. Carr wasn't horrible, he just got killed each and every week. Losman was a laughing stock of a quarterback. If I could poll NFL experts and ask them who they would rather have as their QB, Carr or Losman, I would put my life on it that the majority of them would say Carr.

TacklingDummy
02-23-2010, 05:40 PM
I know this sounds crazy, and it is, but in a sadistic (and fun) kind of way, if the Bills are looking to bring in a very cheap, low risk free agent QB to compete that actually fits the mold of a Chan Gailey-type offense... they could bring back J.P. Losman for a year!

I'd rather have Losman over Jason Campbell.

TacklingDummy
02-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Or Jason Campbell.

Dicknoze69
02-23-2010, 05:48 PM
I'd rather have Losman over Jason Campbell.

You'd rather have a guy who was playing in the UFL last season over a guy who was competent in the toughest division in football? That might be the silliest statement I've ever read on this board, and that's including Juice's rants about everything.

TacklingDummy
02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
You'd rather have a guy who was playing in the UFL last season over a guy who was competent in the toughest division in football? That might be the silliest statement I've ever read on this board, and that's including Juice's rants about everything.
Yes, that is how bad I think this move would be. Let's not forget I was one of the biggest "JP haters" on here. For me to want Losman back over Campbell really says something.

Griff
02-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Yes, that is how bad I think this move would be. Let's not forget I was one of the biggest "JP haters" on here. For me to want Losman back over Campbell really says something.

memory loss?

BuffaloRanger
02-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Jeff George. I'd rather have Jeff Frickin' George then JP.

Mudflap1
02-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Jeff George. I'd rather have Jeff Frickin' George then JP.

Now we're talking!!

SABURZFAN
02-23-2010, 07:13 PM
I'd rather have losman than trent for another year. At least losman made Bills football a little exciting.

WHEN????????????

justasportsfan
02-23-2010, 07:24 PM
JP would never come back to this organization,
all he has to do is look at his competition here and he'll be on the next flight out to buffalo where I think he still has a home . Besides , buffalo's streets need cleaning come spring.

SABURZFAN
02-23-2010, 08:13 PM

WHOA..... WHOA..... WHOA!!!!!!!!!!! i know it's been a while but i think you don't REALLY mean that. i didn't forget the 3 years of being called a "JP Hater" by the Lickers who religiously stood by him. there was a lot of bad blood. if Losman were to come back, things would get very ugly again. especially when he would only fail as miserable as he did before.

jamze132
02-24-2010, 03:51 AM
It is insulting to me for you to think that that is my way of thinking. I am not a twelve year old kid who thinks someone is worse because I watched them more. Please.

I am saying that Carr has more talent than Losman. He was set up to fail with the Texans when they were a new franchise. I couldn't imagine a first round pick with more on his plate than him.

Losman was a HORRIBLE NFL quarterback. Carr wasn't horrible, he just got killed each and every week. Losman was a laughing stock of a quarterback. If I could poll NFL experts and ask them who they would rather have as their QB, Carr or Losman, I would put my life on it that the majority of them would say Carr.
It's hard to hold an intelligent conversation with RS on most subjects. He tries to put little jabs here and there to either incite the poster or to try to make himself look like a badass in front of his buddies.

And he's a MOD.

RockStar36
02-24-2010, 08:11 AM
It's hard to hold an intelligent conversation with RS on most subjects. He tries to put little jabs here and there to either incite the poster or to try to make himself look like a badass in front of his buddies.

And he's a MOD.

Yeah, that's my main objective.

At one point you were fine with me and then you decided to have a problem one day, so have fun with that.

RockStar36
02-24-2010, 08:17 AM

Be insulted all you want. Seriously.

That is how I read that post and I'm not changing my opinion. I saw David Carr play enough in his career to form the opinion that he is terrible.

Those people who want Carr to start in Buffalo are those people who are rooting for another top 10 draft pick next April.

OpIv37
02-24-2010, 08:42 AM
I think you guys are missing something here.

It's irrelevant whether bringing JP Losman back is a good football move or not. It would be a PR disaster, especially if he sucked after coming back. This team simply can't risk the kind of epic beat-down they would get from fans and the media for a move like this.

So, we can have the JP vs Edwards/Brohm/Fitzpatrick/Carr/Vick/Garcia/Campbell/Clausen/Tebow/Bradford etc. argument all day, but it won't make any difference whatsoever because JP will not come back.

justasportsfan
02-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Where are JPSDAD and Justa to explain how some good coaching from Chan is all JP needs.:scratch:

haha! I don't start threads on JP. I dont bring his name up when he isn't the subject since he left. You on the other hand still have an avatar of someone who has been retired for years . Someone was slightly better than Jeff George. Stop being bitter because the FO got rid of Drew in favor of JP. BB got rid of Drews arse for someone who was a late round draft pick .

TigerJ
02-24-2010, 09:20 AM
As for whether JP could ever succeed in the NFL with the right coaching, no one really knows for certain. I don't see any possible way the Bills would do it given the history of the JP saga here in Buffalo. I'm not even sure JP would consider it, even if it means collecting an NFL sized paycheck for a year or two again. As for Gailey's alleged love affair with big armed mobile QBs, I think it's more a case of Gailey being able to work with QBs with differing skill sets rather than a preference for one or the other.

justasportsfan
02-24-2010, 09:22 AM
One things for sure, Lee would be doing back flips if JP came back.

clumping platelets
02-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Shutter Island? Let's pretend you are Capt. Dreyfuss and put ya on Devil's Island

SABURZFAN
02-24-2010, 11:38 PM
I think you guys are missing something here.

It's irrelevant whether bringing JP Losman back is a good football move or not. It would be a PR disaster, especially if he sucked after coming back. This team simply can't risk the kind of epic beat-down they would get from fans and the media for a move like this.

So, we can have the JP vs Edwards/Brohm/Fitzpatrick/Carr/Vick/Garcia/Campbell/Clausen/Tebow/Bradford etc. argument all day, but it won't make any difference whatsoever because JP will not come back.

i hope not. i can't handle any more Licker excuses.

Throne Logic
02-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Wow. Have we fallen so far that people are legitimately considering that JP Losman could be a potential improvement?

Just wow. Talk about a nasty twist on the "Grass is always greener".

jamze132
02-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Yeah, that's my main objective.

At one point you were fine with me and then you decided to have a problem one day, so have fun with that.
Its not so much that I have a problem with you personally as much as I see how you treat other posters sometimes. And let's be honest, you and I have never seen eye to eye.

SABURZFAN
02-25-2010, 12:11 PM
:movie: