Washington D.C. Talk radio Campell and unnamed for Whitner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kelly2reed4six
    • Dec 2008

Washington D.C. Talk radio Campell and unnamed for Whitner.

They were talking about this today on talk radio here in D.C. They said there are rumors of a trade getting done sending Campbell and another unnamed to Buffalo in return of Whitner....

Speculation of course...but I think I'd be down for this.....how about you guys?
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Washington D.C. Talk radio Campell and unnamed for Whitner.

Absolutely....

But I dont see the Skins doing that deal until after the draft, when Shanny makes sure he could get his guy, which I would assume would be Bradford.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• JCBills
      • Jan 2010

In a heartbeat!

I would think we would have had to pair a draft pick or player with Donte to get Campbell, not the other way around haha.

If we had Campbell we could basically take QB off the list of draft needs, allowing us to take an OT (Saffold?) within the first 4 rounds while beefing up the defense with the other picks.
      Last edited by JCBills; 02-23-2010, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• tampabay25690
        • Feb 2004

Sign me up for that deal and we get our QB that will work just fine in Chan's system...
        GO Gators!!!!!!
        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• T-Long
          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
          • Sep 2003

Campbell is just another Byron Leftwhich IMO. I'd rather have a competition between a draft pick/FA pickup and the other 3 QB's for this season, then go out and get our guy.

I'd rather have Tyler Thigpen to be quite honest.

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

I don't like Campbell in the slightest but if we can get anything more than two large pizzas for Whitner, sign me up!!

D & S Sports

Comment

• k-oneputt
              • Jun 2009

Campbell sucks. Another qb who will be a backup soon. Just spinning tires with him.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                Next Question!
                • Nov 2004

Here are Campbell's stats for the Redskins:

Passing Stats
                YEARTEAMGCMPATTPCTYDSAVGTDLNGINTRAT
                2006WAS711020753.112976.31066676.5
                2007WAS1325041760.027006.512541177.6
                2008WAS1631550662.332456.41367684.3
                2009WAS1632750764.536187.120841586.4
                Career521002163761.2108606.655843882.3

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

I would be all for it. The Bills could still draft a QB in rnd 3 or later.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                    • Jun 2009

A lot of garbage stats in 08 and '09.

Comment

• JCBills
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by T-Long
                      Campbell is just another Byron Leftwhich IMO. I'd rather have a competition between a draft pick/FA pickup and the other 3 QB's for this season, then go out and get our guy.

I'd rather have Tyler Thigpen to be quite honest.
                      Washington's offensive line is a collection of players past their prime and busts.

Mike Williams notched 8 starts, that should be a decent gauge of their awfulness.

Campbell has progressed every year he's been the starter, with his QB rating steadily rising from 77.6 in 07, 84.3 in 08, and 86.4 in 09. His TDs and completion % have gone up every season as well. I know those numbers don't tell the whole story, but he's had Randle El and S. Moss on the back end of their careers.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                        A lot of garbage stats in 08 and '09.
                        Yeah really! A high completion percentage, all those yards, and the TD's....they all came against Navy, Army, and Ball State.

What the **** does that mean? Garbage stats? Didn't he play in the NFC East this year?

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                          • Jul 2002

I personally feel that Campbell got shafted in Washington because the Redskins had no offensive plan or identity (they go through OCs like we do and bringing in a guy doing Bingo actually improved their playcalling) and they surrounded him with little offensive talent. The Redskins treated him like we have our young QBs, except that Campbell put up pretty decent numbers and wasn't completely horrible given the situation.

Is Campbell a stud? I have no idea. I'd like to see guys like him and Trent get an actual long-term offensive plan. Campbell is better than what we currently have and Whitner is semi-expendable so that would be a good deal. I think it's unlikely to happen however.

God give me style and give me grace
                          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                            • Feb 2009

I'd be so down for this trade. I'd take a 5th for Whitner. I think Campbell could be really good in a run orientated offense.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                              Yeah really! A high completion percentage, all those yards, and the TD's....they all came against Navy, Army, and Ball State.

What the **** does that mean? Garbage stats? Didn't he play in the NFC East this year?
                              That means when they are down 3 td's in a second half the opposing defense backs off. You didn't watch the Skins much I see. I repeat, Campbell sucks and we might as well go with Brohm to see what he has.

Comment

Working...
                              X