PDA

View Full Version : Washington D.C. Talk radio Campell and unnamed for Whitner.

kelly2reed4six
02-23-2010, 02:03 PM
They were talking about this today on talk radio here in D.C. They said there are rumors of a trade getting done sending Campbell and another unnamed to Buffalo in return of Whitner....

Speculation of course...but I think I'd be down for this.....how about you guys?

patmoran2006
02-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Absolutely....

But I dont see the Skins doing that deal until after the draft, when Shanny makes sure he could get his guy, which I would assume would be Bradford.

JCBills
02-23-2010, 02:09 PM
In a heartbeat!

I would think we would have had to pair a draft pick or player with Donte to get Campbell, not the other way around haha.

If we had Campbell we could basically take QB off the list of draft needs, allowing us to take an OT (Saffold?) within the first 4 rounds while beefing up the defense with the other picks.

tampabay25690
02-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Sign me up for that deal and we get our QB that will work just fine in Chan's system...

T-Long
02-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Campbell is just another Byron Leftwhich IMO. I'd rather have a competition between a draft pick/FA pickup and the other 3 QB's for this season, then go out and get our guy.

I'd rather have Tyler Thigpen to be quite honest.

RockStar36
02-23-2010, 02:13 PM
I don't like Campbell in the slightest but if we can get anything more than two large pizzas for Whitner, sign me up!!

k-oneputt
02-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Campbell sucks. Another qb who will be a backup soon. Just spinning tires with him.

Mudflap1
02-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Here are Campbell's stats for the Redskins:

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead bgColor=#8c001a><TD colSpan=20>Passing Stats</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left width="8%">YEAR</TD><TD align=left width="8%">TEAM</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>CMP</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>PCT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>RAT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=left>WAS</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>110</TD><TD>207</TD><TD>53.1</TD><TD>1297</TD><TD>6.3</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>66</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>76.5</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD align=left>WAS</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>250</TD><TD>417</TD><TD>60.0</TD><TD>2700</TD><TD>6.5</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>77.6</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2008</TD><TD align=left>WAS</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>315</TD><TD>506</TD><TD>62.3</TD><TD>3245</TD><TD>6.4</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>67</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>84.3</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2009</TD><TD align=left>WAS</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>327</TD><TD>507</TD><TD>64.5</TD><TD>3618</TD><TD>7.1</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>84</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>86.4</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left colSpan=2>Career</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>1002</TD><TD>1637</TD><TD>61.2</TD><TD>10860</TD><TD>6.6</TD><TD>55</TD><TD>84</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>82.3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

better days
02-23-2010, 02:16 PM
I would be all for it. The Bills could still draft a QB in rnd 3 or later.

k-oneputt
02-23-2010, 02:16 PM
A lot of garbage stats in 08 and '09.

JCBills
02-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Campbell is just another Byron Leftwhich IMO. I'd rather have a competition between a draft pick/FA pickup and the other 3 QB's for this season, then go out and get our guy.

Washington's offensive line is a collection of players past their prime and busts.

Mike Williams notched 8 starts, that should be a decent gauge of their awfulness.

Campbell has progressed every year he's been the starter, with his QB rating steadily rising from 77.6 in 07, 84.3 in 08, and 86.4 in 09. His TDs and completion % have gone up every season as well. I know those numbers don't tell the whole story, but he's had Randle El and S. Moss on the back end of their careers.

Beebe's Kid
02-23-2010, 02:32 PM
A lot of garbage stats in 08 and '09.

Yeah really! A high completion percentage, all those yards, and the TD's....they all came against Navy, Army, and Ball State.

What the **** does that mean? Garbage stats? Didn't he play in the NFC East this year?

Dicknoze69
02-23-2010, 02:35 PM
I personally feel that Campbell got shafted in Washington because the Redskins had no offensive plan or identity (they go through OCs like we do and bringing in a guy doing Bingo actually improved their playcalling) and they surrounded him with little offensive talent. The Redskins treated him like we have our young QBs, except that Campbell put up pretty decent numbers and wasn't completely horrible given the situation.

Is Campbell a stud? I have no idea. I'd like to see guys like him and Trent get an actual long-term offensive plan. Campbell is better than what we currently have and Whitner is semi-expendable so that would be a good deal. I think it's unlikely to happen however.

WeAreArthurMoates
02-23-2010, 02:35 PM
I'd be so down for this trade. I'd take a 5th for Whitner. I think Campbell could be really good in a run orientated offense.

k-oneputt
02-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Yeah really! A high completion percentage, all those yards, and the TD's....they all came against Navy, Army, and Ball State.

What the **** does that mean? Garbage stats? Didn't he play in the NFC East this year?

That means when they are down 3 td's in a second half the opposing defense backs off. You didn't watch the Skins much I see. I repeat, Campbell sucks and we might as well go with Brohm to see what he has.

Ickybaluky
02-23-2010, 02:38 PM
I like Campbell and he has gotten a raw deal in DC. I could Shanahan trading him just because he isn't a good fit for his system, any more than he was for Zorn's.

This trade actually makes sense.

HAMMER
02-23-2010, 02:41 PM
The guy played in something like 3 different systems in four years, I would be down with it. Cut Fitz and let Brohm, Edwards, and Campbell battle for the job. Though you would think Campbell would come into camp as the #1 if we are giving up a solid safety.

RockStar36
02-23-2010, 02:44 PM

And there you have it. The Bills will not make this trade.

Ickybaluky
02-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Campbell is a big, athletic guy with a big arm. He is a guy who can stand in there and throw the ball downfield.

He isn't a guy who gets the ball out quick and throws quick, timing routes. That is the WCO, which is what Zorn tried to run and what Shanahan's system in based on.

However, Campbell is a hard worker and has a nice arm. He isn't going to be the kind of guy to spread the ball around, but he is a good fit for a team that wants to run the ball and run play-action. He has a strong arm and can throw the ball deep and throw the 15-20 yard out on a line. He is a good fit in Buffalo.

That doesn't mean the Bills would anoint Campbell for the long-term, but he is a RFA who would be cheap and they get a year to see how he fits in their scheme. Makes a lot of sense.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2010, 02:49 PM

Thigpen is terrible. So is Campbell but less terrible IMO.

kelly2reed4six
That means when they are down 3 td's in a second half the opposing defense backs off. You didn't watch the Skins much I see. I repeat, Campbell sucks and we might as well go with Brohm to see what he has.

Kind of funny, opposing defenses "backed off" against us too in the numerous games that we were getting spanked in, yet still our QB's could do nothing.

Mahdi
I wouldn't mind it because we have George Wilson who I like a lot and I think Campbell has untapped potential.

OpIv37
The guy played in something like 3 different systems in four years, I would be down with it. Cut Fitz and let Brohm, Edwards, and Campbell battle for the job. Though you would think Campbell would come into camp as the #1 if we are giving up a solid safety.

And if he comes to us, it will be 4 systems in 5 years.

I'm all for trading Whitner, but I want no part of Campbell. The fact that this is even being floated around shows how desperate this franchise is for a QB, but our desperation doesn't make Campbell any better. There simply are no good options available at QB right now.

TacklingDummy
02-23-2010, 02:50 PM
I'd rather have Whitner over a QB that would ensure Buffalo to stay losing for another 3 years.

Mahdi
02-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Campbell is a big, athletic guy with a big arm. He is a guy who can stand in there and throw the ball downfield.

He isn't a guy who gets the ball out quick and throws quick, timing routes. That is the WCO, which is what Zorn tried to run and what Shanahan's system in based on.

However, Campbell is a hard worker and has a nice arm. He isn't going to be the kind of guy to spread the ball around, but he is a good fit for a team that wants to run the ball and run play-action. He has a strong arm and can throw the ball deep and throw the 15-20 yard out on a line. He is a good fit in Buffalo.

That doesn't mean the Bills would anoint Campbell for the long-term, but he is a RFA who would be cheap and they get a year to see how he fits in their scheme. Makes a lot of sense.
Agreed.

In a run first offense with plenty of play-action he could really succeed. Grab Dez Bryant at #9 and you have the makings of a big time offense.

k-oneputt
02-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Any of you geniuses ever see Campbell try to throw downfield ? Talk about accuracy issues.

TacklingDummy
02-23-2010, 02:53 PM
What was Washington's record the last 3 years? No thanks. I'll pass and take my chances with a rookie.

k-oneputt
02-23-2010, 02:54 PM
I'd rather have Whitner over a QB that would ensure Buffalo to stay losing for another 3 years.

bingo.

Might as will try Brohm, although with Whitner your not getting much back so.

Mahdi
02-23-2010, 02:58 PM
What was Washington's record the last 3 years? No thanks. I'll pass and take my chances with a rookie.
Washington has done a horrible job of building around Campbell since he has been there.

Their OL has been on a decline and is now one of the worst with no youth or promise to it at any position, their group of WRs are horrid and their RBs are aging and declining in ability.

In Buffalo Campbell would have a ton more to work with and a HC/OC who knows how to run an offense.

Gailey knows he can't work with Edwards, IMO anyways, and Brohm has zero experience although I like his potential.

Ickybaluky
02-23-2010, 03:00 PM

That was his fault? They were a dis-functional team with a bad OL and a coach in over his head.

He won a college national championship.

k-oneputt
02-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Washington has done a horrible job of building around Campbell since he has been there.

Their OL has been on a decline and is now one of the worst with no youth or promise to it at any position, their group of WRs are horrid and their RBs are aging and declining in ability.

In Buffalo Campbell would have a ton more to work with and a HC/OC who knows how to run an offense.

Gailey knows he can't work with Edwards, IMO anyways, and Brohm has zero experience although I like his potential.

You just described the Bills. he should fit right in then for another couple of 6-10 years.
Shannahan doesn't want him.

k-oneputt
02-23-2010, 03:03 PM
That was his fault? They were a dis-functional team with a bad OL and a coach in over his head.

not quite but....
Ronnine Brown and Cadillac Williams and a killer defense.

Ickybaluky
02-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Any of you geniuses ever see Campbell try to throw downfield ? Talk about accuracy issues.

He didn't have time to throw downfield in Washington because the OL sucked. He also was playing in the WCO, which he isn't suited for, which doesn't throw the ball down the field much.

The guy is still a 60%+ passer in the NFL. He had a great completion percentage at Auburn.

He is a big guy with a strong arm who is a good fit in a play-action based offense. He has had some success in the NFL, even though his team has been a train wreck the last couple years.

He really hasn't been given much of a shot. He works hard, though, and has leadership skills. He is a good fit.

Ickybaluky
02-23-2010, 03:04 PM
not quite but....

He was still the QB and a team leader. He completed something like 70% of his passes there, and he won.

k-oneputt
02-23-2010, 03:05 PM
What qb in buffalo has a much of a shot. Poor lines, poor coaching, and minimal skill players. so it is.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2010, 03:12 PM

I'm all for trading Whitner, but I want no part of Campbell. The fact that this is even being floated around shows how desperate this franchise is for a QB, but our desperation doesn't make Campbell any better. There simply are no good options available at QB right now.
I can't disagree with this statement.

Mudflap1
02-23-2010, 03:17 PM
The Bills could do worse at QB than Campbell... and until proven otherwise, that is really the way you have to look at it.

WeAreArthurMoates
02-23-2010, 03:18 PM
I don't get how some of you don't think he's an improvement over what we have. He's a monster one and then we can take a Skelton, Pike or Robinson later on. Bradford or Clausen would be great but they probably wont be there at 9.

Ickybaluky
02-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Look, Peyton Manning isn't available in trade. QBs are hard to come by.

Given that, getting a guy like Campbell makes a lot of sense. He has starting experience. He has had success in college (winning a national championship at Auburn) and has displayed passing ability in the NFL (61.2% passer, 55-to-38 TD-to-Int). He was playing in a offense not suited to his strengths run by a guy who was in over his head as a HC. He fits what Buffalo wants to do on offense much better.

Really, what's the downside? He provides an upgrade at QB right away, and maybe he develops into a solid starting QB. It doesn't preclude Buffalo from drafting a QB of the future. You can still draft a guy and bring him along, and having Campbell takes the pressure off the rookie and gives him time to develop.

bigbub2352
02-23-2010, 03:20 PM
i was on the thought process of cutting Whitner he is a bum if i could get campbell and another player or pick out of the deal i would be estatic
this makes to much sense no way it happens

Beebe's Kid
02-23-2010, 03:22 PM

So teams just back off, and you put up these numbers? I am pretty sure Fitzy couldn't give you numbers like this if the defense took 2 players off of the field.

JCBills
02-23-2010, 03:24 PM
So teams just back off, and you put up these numbers? I am pretty sure Fitzy couldn't give you numbers like this if the defense took 2 players off of the field.

So funny because it's true.

ServoBillieves
02-23-2010, 03:31 PM
But... but who would fill in!? Scott/Wilson/Harris/Myron Rolle/any draft pick!?!? NO!

Anyways I'm all for it.

Philagape
02-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Where's the Vick line, "He's better than what we have"?

That's certainly true for Campbell, and he's a better QB than Vick. He could keep the seat warm with at worst mediocrity while a rookie is developed.

DrGraves
02-23-2010, 03:51 PM
If I have to root for a Bills team led by Chad Pennington or Jason Campbell... idk what I would do but that would be a sad day.

DrGraves
02-23-2010, 03:51 PM
And Campbell would need to shave off his pedophile mustache at the very least.

Night Train
02-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Let's see... NE39's opinion vs. k-oneputt.

This is a tough one...

camelcowboy
02-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Can we know the station it was on and around what time

Raptor
02-23-2010, 04:02 PM
I have a hard time believing this because why would they want Whitner? There S's are not bad at all

Michael82
02-23-2010, 04:37 PM
I would love to get Campbell, especially with Chan Gailey and our new QB coach working with him. :up:

TacklingDummy
02-23-2010, 04:40 PM

Sounds like people use excuses for Washington QB play also. Could it be that just like with Buffalo, Washington's QB blows and make everyone around them look worse?

TacklingDummy
02-23-2010, 04:42 PM
So did Tim Tebow.

TacklingDummy
02-23-2010, 04:45 PM
What qb in buffalo has a much of a shot. Poor lines, poor coaching, and minimal skill players. so it is.
You'll be amazed at what a good QB can do, see Indy,Pats,Minn, the 90's Bills, the 80's 49ers, etc...

It all starts with a franchise QB. IMO, Campbell is not a QB that can lead the Bills to greatness.

Dicknoze69
02-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Sounds like people use excuses for Washington QB play also. Could it be that just like with Buffalo, Washington's QB blows and make everyone around them look worse?

Campbell's stats indicate that he was actually one of the few productive players on the Washington offense. He had a 55-38 TD-INT ratio in his career there. How does that show that Campbell "blows" and makes his team worse? Additionally, he's had a mid-80s QB rating the last two years.

I don't think people are making excuses. The point is that he's been fairly productive despite the dysfunction and complete lack of offense continuity or long-term plan. We have no one on our roster who has been nearly as productive. In short, he's an upgrade. Maybe not the long-term solution, but he's better than our current options.

Dr. Pepper
02-23-2010, 04:53 PM
if it means Trent Edwards isnt coming back, sign me up!!!

Mr Bills
02-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Seriously how can you not trade Whitner for Campbell? Some of you act as if Whitner has been a amazing safety or something. This guy is so overrated and I would trade him for a 3rd in a heart beat. He can easily be replaced. As for Campbell, this guy is the best option we have this year. He is better than any QB in the FA class and is better than Bradford and Classen right now. Not to mention he is still fairly young. Its not like this is a huge gamble, we are only going up Whitner and maybe a late pick. We can use our early picks to shore up the line and if Campbell doesn't work out, we can just pick a QB in next years draft.

k-oneputt
02-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Campbell is another mediocre qb who can't lead you anywhere. More of the same. Go with Brohm.
Actually I'm surprised, do you guys even watch him play ? He is mediocre at best. We have those qb's right now.
Again, Shanahan doesn't want him. Go fiqure.

WeAreArthurMoates
02-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Campbell is another mediocre qb who can't lead you anywhere. More of the same. Go with Brohm.
Actually I'm surprised, do you guys even watch him play ? He is mediocre at best. We have those qb's right now.
Again, Shanahan doesn't want him. Go fiqure.

Brohm is an unknown but Trent and Fitz aren't medicore, there awful. At least Campbell passes as a starting qb.

Griff
02-23-2010, 06:11 PM
You'll be amazed at what a good QB can do, see Indy,Pats,Minn, the 90's Bills, the 80's 49ers, etc...

It all starts with a franchise QB. IMO, Campbell is not a QB that can lead the Bills to greatness.

outside of McNabb we're not going to have a franchise QB this year, Campbell has at least improved.

Yasgur's Farm
02-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Campbell
Brohm
LeFevour
:rockout:

BuffaloRanger
02-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Agreed.

In a run first offense with plenty of play-action he could really succeed. Grab Dez Bryant at #9 and you have the makings of a big time offense.

WTF? A QB that really hasn't shined and a rookie WR are the answer?

The Campbell fans say he hasn't done well because of OL issues. The Bills had the worst OL in football. Maybe they should look at doing something there? I mean besides undrafted FAs and practice squad players.

I am interested in that "unnamed player". Cooley could be getting replaced by Fred Davis - he might be available. What do we have to include to get Cooley? Portis is done in DC. Lynch maybe?

YardRat
02-23-2010, 06:34 PM

Not if you listen to Redskin fans...they already feel like they are over-loaded at SS.

As far as the thread topic, if we can get 2 fer 1 dealing Whitner I'm all for it.

Beebe's Kid
02-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Campbell
Brohm
LeFevour
:rockout:

That would be cool. There has to be something good in that group.

I really think that Brohm has franchise potential...I know about the Atlanta game, and that he was on GB's practice squad, and that Trent is not a scared pussy just because he looks like one every Sunday, etc etc etc.

I just think Brohm is going to be our guy, but if we could get the numbers out of Campbell he put up last year, have Fredo, and Lynch both perform well at RB, we would be a lot more fun to watch.

New Ro's Greatest
02-23-2010, 08:02 PM
The skins want to give us a Campbell and another player for Whitner? Why? Do it OBD!!!!!!!!!!! GO BILLS:whistle:

k-oneputt
02-23-2010, 08:14 PM
You ever see a team trying to get rid of a good qb ? Especially for a average at best safety ?
Shanahan can't use this guy ? Why ?

New Ro's Greatest
02-23-2010, 08:29 PM
You ever see a team trying to get rid of a good qb ? Especially for a average at best safety ?
Shanahan can't use this guy ? Why ?

Campbell had to deal with 4 different OC's as the QB of the Skins. What do you expect from him? What is Whitner's excuse? A experienced QB for Whitner is a great trade for us. He will be a upgrade on this team and then we could focus more on fixing the O-line and NT and LB's in this draft. GO BILLS:whistle:

dannyek71
02-23-2010, 08:47 PM
TE may be the 31st best QB in the league, but why are we even messing around with a guy who is like the 26th best one.

At this point, Id rather go into the season with Brohm as our #1 guy over campbell.

TacklingDummy
02-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Campbell had to deal with 4 different OC's as the QB of the Skins. What do you expect from him? What is Whitner's excuse? A experienced QB for Whitner is a great trade for us. He will be a upgrade on this team and then we could focus more on fixing the O-line and NT and LB's in this draft. GO BILLS:whistle:
I'd rather the Bills received the Skins 3rd round pick for Whitner. They can keep Campbell.

PECKERWOOD
02-23-2010, 10:09 PM
If it's a draft day trade, then yes. I'd like to see if Clausen or Bradford would slip to us before we trade for Campbell. The guy would be an upgrade over anything that we've had since Bledsoe.

clumping platelets
02-23-2010, 10:58 PM
I would support this deal

bosshogg21
02-23-2010, 11:34 PM
I called this but not for campbell. I live here in dc. He is more of the same. Awful. His college career was carried by Cadillac and brown. I want draft picks.

BertSquirtgum
02-24-2010, 12:27 AM
Jason Campbell sucks

jamze132
02-24-2010, 03:35 AM
So we get rid of Whitner and his twitter loving mouth in favor of a young QB who has has been shafted in DC yet still threw for over 3600yds and 20TDs last year? Uh...

Yasgur's Farm
02-24-2010, 06:16 AM
TE may be the 31st best QB in the league, but why are we even messing around with a guy who is like the 26th best one.

At this point, Id rather go into the season with Brohm as our #1 guy over campbell.I understand you don't want him... But why do you have to make up stats to justify it.

Jason Campbell 2009
15th QB rating
18th Passing TD's
16th Passing yards per game
15th Average yards per pass
14th Total assing yards
10th Completion percentage

There's no feckin way you can get 26th best out of that.

Not to mention, Campbell's started all 32 games the last 2 seasons... Trent?

don137
02-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Shanahan said he was going to watch every single snap of Campbells as a Redskin when he became coach of the Skins. The fact that Shanahan would be willing to trade him after reviewing the tape tells me he does not think Campbell can be a winner in this league.
I think he is better than anything on the Bills roster but he would not give the Bills anything more than a mediocre team.

Jan Reimers
02-24-2010, 06:55 AM
Sign me up for that deal and we get our QB that will work just fine in Chan's system...
What is Chan's system?

Mahdi
02-24-2010, 07:05 AM
WTF? A QB that really hasn't shined and a rookie WR are the answer?

The Campbell fans say he hasn't done well because of OL issues. The Bills had the worst OL in football. Maybe they should look at doing something there? I mean besides undrafted FAs and practice squad players.

I am interested in that "unnamed player". Cooley could be getting replaced by Fred Davis - he might be available. What do we have to include to get Cooley? Portis is done in DC. Lynch maybe?
Maybe they are the answer, Bryant is the best WR to come out since Calvin Johnson and IMO he can be just as good.

Campbell has a rocket arm and good mobility and has shown that he can make good decisions with the ball and produce, were not talking JP Losman here, Campbell has pocket presence.

I just think he was in the wrong offense for him.

Also, the OL has nothing to do with bringing Campbell in or not, no matter who is our QB the OL will have to be addressed.

Dujek
02-24-2010, 07:12 AM
Campbell delivered reasonable numbers in DC with some truly woeful players around him, and while I still like Whitner, I honestly don't see much of a downside to this deal.

Especially if we give him a short-term deal and give Brohm a chance to develop for a year behind him.

Campbell won't make the Bills great, but he might just be good enough to take them back to the playoffs.

Ickybaluky
02-24-2010, 07:24 AM
What is Chan's system?

While he has run different schemes, he is similar to Norv Turner in philosophy. Heavy use of the power run game, which sets up the play action pass. Likes to run a lot of deep in-cuts and out-cuts, so less of a WCO-type guy and more of a Sid Gillman-based passing game. Doesn't use audibles much.

He has been adaptable to his talent as well, but the run game and play action game to get the ball downfield has been pretty consistent throughout his career. He has run different things at different times, but his preferred offense is along the lines of Turner.

Ickybaluky
02-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Shanahan said he was going to watch every single snap of Campbells as a Redskin when he became coach of the Skins. The fact that Shanahan would be willing to trade him after reviewing the tape tells me he does not think Campbell can be a winner in this league.

Or, that he doesn't think he is a fit for what he wants to do. Shanahan's offense is based on the WCO philosophy, with a lot of crossing routes and shorter patterns which needs a QB who can get the ball out quickly. Uses a FB and zone blocking.

Campbell is not a WCO-type guy. That doesn't mean he can't be successful.

He is a better fit for a team that likes the power run game and uses play-action, getting the ball deeper on throws. You need a bigger QB who can throw downfield, with an arm to throw the deep out. San Deigo and Dallas run that kind of offense, and it is probably what the Bills are going to do given Gailey's history.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Or, that he doesn't think he is a fit for what he wants to do. Shanahan's offense is based on the WCO philosophy, with a lot of crossing routes and shorter patterns which needs a QB who can get the ball out quickly. Uses a FB and zone blocking.

Campbell is not a WCO-type guy. That doesn't mean he can't be successful.

He is a better fit for a team that likes the power run game and uses play-action, getting the ball deeper on throws. You need a bigger QB who can throw downfield, with an arm to throw the deep out. San Deigo and Dallas run that kind of offense, and it is probably what the Bills are going to do given Gailey's history.

If this offensive philosphy is true, we can now put to sleep the notion of Lefevour running that scheme.
Snead makes sense for this offense.

Campbell is just not good enough imo. Or accurate enough on those throws you have described. He is a slight upgrade from the junk we have but not enough to go anywhere with. So what's the sense.

jimbohastle51
02-24-2010, 08:23 AM
In a heartbeat!

I would think we would have had to pair a draft pick or player with Donte to get Campbell, not the other way around haha.

If we had Campbell we could basically take QB off the list of draft needs, allowing us to take an OT (Saffold?) within the first 4 rounds while beefing up the defense with the other picks.

campbell has done nothing to prove that he is a starting caliber QB. the skins have wanted to get rid of him for 2 years now. remember jp losman threw for 3000 yards and 19 tds before. he may be better than what we have but not significantly. i would rather draft clausen or bradford, at least they have potential, we have already seen what campbell is and the best he can be and that is average at best.

ct bills fan
02-24-2010, 08:35 AM
If this offensive philosphy is true, we can now put to sleep the notion of Lefevour running that scheme.
Snead makes sense for this offense.

Campbell is just not good enough imo. Or accurate enough on those throws you have described. He is a slight upgrade from the junk we have but not enough to go anywhere with. So what's the sense.

If Campbell isn't accurate enough for you then how can you say Snead makes sense for this offense? He's the epitomy of inaccurate.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 08:41 AM
If Campbell isn't accurate enough for you then how can you say Snead makes sense for this offense? He's the epitomy of inaccurate.

Did I say Snead was coming in to start in 2010 ????

I believe I mentioned needs coaching, patience, and time, but has physical skills where if he receives such can develop.

BidsJr
02-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Did I say Snead was coming in to start in 2010 ????

I believe I mentioned needs coaching, patience, and time, but has physical skills where if he receives such can develop.

Sorry but history says you don't take inaccurate college QB's and turn them into accurate NFL QB's.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Sorry but history says you don't take inaccurate college QB's and turn them into accurate NFL QB's.

Well we can sign Pennington and dink and dunk to 8-8 for the next three years. He completes a lot of passes.

Sometimes a qb can develop through coaching. Other times you can be the smartest qb and still be a backup due to minimal physical skills.

Ickybaluky
02-24-2010, 08:55 AM
I'm not sure how you can say Campbell isn't accurate on deep outs. It is probably the best pass he throws. He throws a nice tight spiral and can drill the ball downfield. With Washington that was tough to do because they didn't feature those routes and didn't have the OL to protect.

I'll say this for Campbell as well, he is a big, tough kid who stands in there to pressure. If you watched Washington play, he was getting killed. He took a beating and never complained. His teammates think the world of him because of that. He is a leader.

If there is a criticism of Campbell it is that he doesn't make his read and get the ball out quickly. However, neither does Ben Roethlisberger. Howeveer, like Roethlisberger he is a big kid who can buy time with his athleticism and get the ball downfield. He is a perfect fit for the play-action based offense that Gailey wants to run.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Yes I have seen him play, thats why I don't want him.

Marginal step up from what we have and still not good enough to win big in the league imo.

I'd rather draft qb this year and go with Brohm.

But if thats all they can get for Whitner what can you expect because whitner is run of the mill too.

Ickybaluky
02-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Well, I disagree. I think he is better than that. I realize he isn't an elite QB, but I like him as a player. He has been in a tough situation and made the best of it. I think the system has to fit, but he can be an effective player you can win with.

I'm not sure how you can judge the kid considering what a trainwreck Washington has been the last 2 years under Jim Zorn.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 09:18 AM
I guess you can say the same thing for Losman and Edwards then.

Look at the trainwreck they had to deal with the last five years. Poor coaches, cordinators,o-line, marginal skill players, depth.

ryjam282
02-24-2010, 09:24 AM

I agree with this statement. He did very well in his time as starter at the end of the season in KC 2 years ago. I am not enamored with Campbell, but he is better than what the Bills have now.

justasportsfan
02-24-2010, 09:26 AM
I agree with this statement. He did very well in his time as starter at the end of the season in KC 2 years ago. I am not enamored with Campbell, but he is better than what the Bills have now.

you're still alive?

:up:

ryjam282
02-24-2010, 09:27 AM
I'm not sure how you can say Campbell isn't accurate on deep outs. It is probably the best pass he throws. He throws a nice tight spiral and can drill the ball downfield. With Washington that was tough to do because they didn't feature those routes and didn't have the OL to protect.

I'll say this for Campbell as well, he is a big, tough kid who stands in there to pressure. If you watched Washington play, he was getting killed. He took a beating and never complained. His teammates think the world of him because of that. He is a leader.

If there is a criticism of Campbell it is that he doesn't make his read and get the ball out quickly.

Sounds a lot like an old Bills QB, Bledsoe. No thanks.

ryjam282
02-24-2010, 09:27 AM
you're still alive?

:up:

I've been lurking quite a bit. Went through a bitter divorce, but I think I am back now....Thanks for the shout out :)

WeAreArthurMoates
02-24-2010, 09:38 AM
I still cant believe some of you don't think he's an upgrade to what we have. This rumor says all we gave up was Whitner. As a stop gap qb he would be great, though I think he can be the long term answer.

justasportsfan
02-24-2010, 09:40 AM
I still cant believe some of you don't think he's an upgrade to what we have. This rumor says all we gave up was Whitner. As a stop gap qb he would be great, though I think he can be the long term answer.
I would think he'd be an upgrade but don't think he's the answer either.

WeAreArthurMoates
02-24-2010, 09:41 AM
I would think he'd be an upgrade but don't think he's the answer either.

He may not be long term but seeing the options available and our needs going into the draft he could be a great choice for a year or two.

djjimkelly
02-24-2010, 09:58 AM
campbell sucks no ty

Ron Burgundy
02-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Campbell's a step up from Trent and Trent is the best quarterback on the roster. I don't know if Jason is the ideal pick but he's certainly better than what we have. I have seen him play several times in DC and the guy is much better than I gave him credit for coming out of Auburn.

Whitner could be replaced pretty easily, I think. We've actually had some pretty good success with developing safeties, and it would make drafting Eric Berry a reasonable possibility if he falls to 9.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 10:06 AM
You gotta be kidding, you want to draft a safety at #9 ??????

justasportsfan
02-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Trent is the best quarterback on the roster. .

he was not without his testicles.

Bill Cody
02-24-2010, 10:23 AM
I'd be on board with this move in case anyone cares. The learning curve at QB is around 3 years and Campbell came into the league very raw. He was in a running offense at Auburn so he had a long way to go to be a decent NFL QB.

He has a lot of positives. Size, arm strength, mobility, reasonably accurate. He's a guy that needs a solid o-line to succeed but we could be on our way to getting one. The thing I like is if you draft a guy, you know you're in for another 3 years of sucking while the kid figures out the league. Campbell may be just getting to that point now. I say yes. But I'm also ok with still picking up Troy Smith and let them compete. I think Bradford is probably going to be gone by 9 and Clausen makes me very nervous.

Campbell reminds me some of another Redskin QB that was good not great, Doug Williams. Gibbs built a team based on running and defense and won a SB with Williams. So yeah I think it could work with Campbell. But the rest of the team needs to get a lot better.

Ron Burgundy
02-24-2010, 10:24 AM
You gotta be kidding, you want to draft a safety at #9 ??????

I'd draft damn near any position if it helps the team. Berry's not my ideal pick but I wouldn't hate it.

Expecting a turnaround next year is foolish. We're rebuilding again.

Ron Burgundy
02-24-2010, 10:26 AM
he was not without his testicles.

I'm not saying Trent was any good, he's just slightly better than Fitz. They're so close that it's almost impossible to rank 'em.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 10:32 AM
I'd draft damn near any position if it helps the team. Berry's not my ideal pick but I wouldn't hate it.

Expecting a turnaround next year is foolish. We're rebuilding again.

No doubt were rebuilding again, but since were at it how about we do it right this time and build qb to inisde out.

Ron Burgundy
02-24-2010, 10:33 AM
No doubt were rebuilding again, but since were at it how about we do it right this time and build qb to inisde out.

Which quarterback do you want at #9?

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Which quarterback do you want at #9?

Clausen first, wouldn't complain with Bradford also. I like the idea of Snead if he lasts to the 3rd and develop him for a year or two.

I'm really not big on Lefevour, Pike, or McCoy.

Zero
02-24-2010, 10:56 AM

Agreed on this. I have not seen one thing that makes me think Campbell is capable of being a great QB. He's a short term solution QB at best.

Ron Burgundy
02-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Clausen first, wouldn't complain with Bradford also.

Well, now we're just disagreeing on talent. I don't want Bradford or Clausen, I don't like them as prospects and I think this draft class is full of future NFL failures at the quarterback position. Snead and the others you mentioned will be available after well after pick 9.

I'm fine with Berry or McClain or a lot of other not-as-splashy positions in the first round. The big thing is upgrading talent across the board. The main holes are on the offensive line and defensively, but there are still multiple positions where we need serious help.

This squad has waaaaaay too many holes to be locked into the "we MUST draft" anything specific thought process.

RockStar36
02-24-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm not saying Trent was any good, he's just slightly better than Fitz. They're so close that it's almost impossible to rank 'em.

The biggest difference I've noticed between the two is that Fitz has the balls to throw downfield and audible to a pass play when it's neccessary, Edwards doesn't have that at all.

DraftBoy
02-24-2010, 11:26 AM

Who says there is a right way to do this?

Adding marquee franchise players (like Berry would be) is how you start the rebuilidng process. Something we have never done before. Where you start or how you go along can be done any multitude of ways.

I prefer to start on the lines (OL and DL), the trend towards the D, add a playmaking WR, a good RB and finally add a QB to grow into the system. Many don't agree, but I think line play and defense wins football games. Call me old fashion.

Ron Burgundy
02-24-2010, 11:34 AM
The biggest difference I've noticed between the two is that Fitz has the balls to throw downfield and audible to a pass play when it's neccessary, Edwards doesn't have that at all.

Fitz can't make all the throws Trent can. Trent's not willing to pull the trigger, though. It's annoying. That's why I'm cool with Campbell...plus, his leadership qualities are above and beyond either Fitz or Edwards.

DraftBoy
02-24-2010, 11:38 AM
not quite but....

Actually yes, Campbell was the #3 QB in the nation that year in efficiency and single handidly won the SEC title game v. Tennessee that kept them undefeated. Brown and Williams combined only went for 150 and 1 TD, which was below their combined season average that year.

Here is article to the game; http://www.secsports.com/news/default.aspx?ArticleId=4867

Campbell went for over 400 total yards in that game and was incredible all season for Auburn.

BuffaloRanger
02-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Trent, based on his potential, is slightly better then Fitz. In reality, reality being the 2009 season, Fitz is much better.

Trent just refuses to throw the ball to his WRs. As that AFC Playbook show on NFL network showed, the WRs were clearly getting open, Trent just couldn't get them the ball. None of that will change. He's a big tease. He can dink and dunk down the field and put together a good drive. But once the Defense adjusts and challenges him to throw downfield, a slant, or across the middle, it's over.

It happened in almost every game he played after Week 2 last year. And everygame in 2008 starting with the MNF Browns game.

Fitz can see the WRs get open and get them the ball. He's just not accurate enough to be the answer.

I hope Brohm has something.

WeAreArthurMoates
02-24-2010, 11:53 AM

Adding marquee franchise players (like Berry would be) is how you start the rebuilidng process. Something we have never done before. Where you start or how you go along can be done any multitude of ways.

I prefer to start on the lines (OL and DL), the trend towards the D, add a playmaking WR, a good RB and finally add a QB to grow into the system. Many don't agree, but I think line play and defense wins football games. Call me old fashion.

Well I don't know if it neccessarily wins championships as I think you need a top notch qb to but it certainly gets you to the playoffs. A great o line and a great D will have you there almost every year. That should be our goal no so I totally agree with you.

ZAZusmc03
02-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Well I don't know if it neccessarily wins championships as I think you need a top notch qb to but it certainly gets you to the playoffs. A great o line and a great D will have you there almost every year. That should be our goal no so I totally agree with you.

With a great oline and a great D, you can win the superbowl with a mediocre QB. Its been done several times.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Actually yes, Campbell was the #3 QB in the nation that year in efficiency and single handidly won the SEC title game v. Tennessee that kept them undefeated. Brown and Williams combined only went for 150 and 1 TD, which was below their combined season average that year.

Here is article to the game; http://www.secsports.com/news/default.aspx?ArticleId=4867

Campbell went for over 400 total yards in that game and was incredible all season for Auburn.

Yeah, thats one game. Actually the rb's and defense carried that team.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 01:07 PM

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 01:09 PM
I like the idea of starting with the lines. That's a new concept around OBD. So why again would we want a safety at #9 again ? Didn't we just waste #8 a couple of years ago..
All for it. Lines and QB. Safties, wr's, rb's are a dime a dozen.

Ron Burgundy
02-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Trent, based on his potential, is slightly better then Fitz. In reality, reality being the 2009 season, Fitz is much better.

Trent just refuses to throw the ball to his WRs. As that AFC Playbook show on NFL network showed, the WRs were clearly getting open, Trent just couldn't get them the ball. None of that will change. He's a big tease. He can dink and dunk down the field and put together a good drive. But once the Defense adjusts and challenges him to throw downfield, a slant, or across the middle, it's over.

It happened in almost every game he played after Week 2 last year. And everygame in 2008 starting with the MNF Browns game.

Fitz can see the WRs get open and get them the ball. He's just not accurate enough to be the answer.

I hope Brohm has something.

I agree with your assessment, and that's why I don't mind Campbell in Buffalo at all. Definitely an upgrade over those two.

It's hard to put faith in Brohm. It's like hoping that Stevie Johnson turns into Anquan Boldin. It'd be awesome, but the odds of that happening are so miniscule as to be laughable.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 01:17 PM
What exactly again has Campbell done/won in this league that he would be such an upgrade ?

Ron Burgundy
02-24-2010, 01:22 PM
I like the idea of starting with the lines. That's a new concept around OBD. So why again would we want a safety at #9 again ? Didn't we just waste #8 a couple of years ago..
All for it. Lines and QB. Safties, wr's, rb's are a dime a dozen.

The pick at #8 wasn't a waste because it was a safety, it was a waste because it was Donte Whitner.

You wouldn't want a safety at #9, unless he's a playmaker along the lines of Ed Reed, for example. Much like you wouldn't want an offensive lineman at 9 unless he's a stellar LT, or a quarterback at 9 unless he's going to be a long term starter.

Is there a long term starter at 9 at quarterback? I don't believe so.

Will there be an offensive lineman at 9 who will be a stellar LT? Maybe...depends on how the draft shakes out.

Could Berry be an All-Pro at safety? I do think so.

So, yes, I can see a safety being picked with our first rounder, and I would be fine with it. Not thrilled, like if Okung dropped or something, but okay with it. We've got several other picks and #9 is not going to make or break a team with as many holes as Buffalo has.

Ron Burgundy
02-24-2010, 01:34 PM
What exactly again has Campbell done/won in this league that he would be such an upgrade ?

Really? Are you watching these guys?

He's thrown 17 more touchdowns than interceptions in his career, has a career completion percentage of 61%, and a career rating of 82.3. These numbers are all higher than Trent's or Ryan's.

He has been durable, even though he's taken a huge beating over his time in the NFL, with an offensive line that rivals ours for being godawful, and has not had a stable offense to run through his entire career.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Yes I have watched him. And his situation has been very similiar to our qb's the last couple of years.
No big upgrade with Campbell.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm questioning if you've watched him since you like him so much.

G Wolly
02-24-2010, 01:48 PM

Any quarterback who can throw the ball more than 5 yards to a RB is an upgrade.

Jeff1220
02-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Yes I have watched him. And his situation has been very similiar to our qb's the last couple of years.

Campbell has thrown for over 3000 yards the past two years and has increased his production (including yards and completion percent) each year of his career. He's not the best QB, but still has tons of potential and is way better than what is currently on the roster.

RockStar36
02-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Last season Campbell threw for 300+ yards twice.

No Bills QB has done that for over 50+ regular season games.

Ron Burgundy
02-24-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm questioning if you've watched him since you like him so much.

I live about 3 hours from the stadium and have seen him play live four times, in addition watching waaaaay to many Washington games, due to my best friend's 'skins obsession.

I'm no scout, but I've seen him play a hell of a lot. And while I don't think he's a superstar, I certainly believe he's an upgrade over our current roster, and I'm not sure anyone is presenting any evidence to the contrary.

Ron Burgundy
02-24-2010, 02:10 PM
And to be honest I absolutely panned the pick to my friend when he was coming out of Auburn. I thought he was a system product and would be a total washout. He's actually looked much, much better than I ever thought he would.

It's just tough to tell because the Redskins have such a ****ed up situation, which you think I'd be used to, since I'm a Bills fan.

DraftBoy
02-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Yeah, thats one game. Actually the rb's and defense carried that team.

No they didn't, Campbell was a huge part of that equation with consistency and efficiency that year. He didn't put up guady numbers though but he was integral in that undefeated run.

BertSquirtgum
02-24-2010, 02:19 PM
campbell sucks.

ZAZusmc03
02-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Honestly, I can't even begin to understand why there is an argument that he isn't an upgrade at QB for us at this point in time. Fitz and TE have shown they are incompetent behind center, and Brohm is an unknown. I'm one of the many fans that hope Brohm is the franchise QB this team has been looking for, but lets be honest with ourselves, we have no idea. Campbell is a solid stop gap for a season or two for Brohm to learn behind, or a draft pick from this years draft. In all actuallity, Campbell is an upgrade over fitz and TE without a doubt.

Buffalogic
02-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Campbell?? really??

Quick, don't let the other AFCE fans see how pathetically desperate some of u are for a new qb. Even if he flat out sucks like Campbell does.

G Wolly
02-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Quick, don't let the other AFCE fans see how pathetically desperate some of u are for a new qb. Even if he flat out sucks like Campbell does.

Desperate?

Only now?

We've been desperate for the last 10 years.

kelly2reed4six
02-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Can we know the station it was on and around what time

it was on the am station 930 around lunch time. I don't listen to the station often but just happened to be listening at the time. The host said that an e-mail source told him they were trying to get this done and that this source is usually pretty reliable.

Does that mean anything? Probably not. Still interesting though.

Dicknoze69
02-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Campbell?? really??

Campbell would instantly become the 2nd best QB in the AFC East. I'd certainly rate him above Henne/Sanchez and definitely above the Fitz/Trent/Brohm pupu platter we have currently.

As for the people who constantly whine that "Campbell sucks", give us some logical reasoning for your opinion. The stats presented show he doesn't suck and that he's a significant upgrade for us. He's got a career 1.5/1 TD-INT ration, also better than anything we have. He's accurate with a strong arm. In this scenario, we're only giving up Whitner, who was made largely redundant because of Wilson.

So please, give us why you think that and back it up with evidence and facts, not "I watched him once and he sucked but it's a small sample size and I don't like him because of his mustache."

RockStar36
02-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Campbell would instantly become the 2nd best QB in the AFC East. I'd certainly rate him above Henne/Sanchez and definitely above the Fitz/Trent/Brohm pupu platter we have currently.

As for the people who constantly whine that "Campbell sucks", give us some logical reasoning for your opinion. The stats presented show he doesn't suck and that he's a significant upgrade for us. He's got a career 1.5/1 TD-INT ration, also better than anything we have. He's accurate with a strong arm. In this scenario, we're only giving up Whitner, who was made largely redundant because of Wilson.

So please, give us why you think that and back it up with evidence and facts, not "I watched him once and he sucked but it's a small sample size and I don't like him because of his mustache."

That is the part many people are missing.

I'm not a fan of Campbell, but if the Bills got him and only had to give up Whitner, then absolutely.

Like I said, getting rid of Whitner is addition by subtraction. If they can get more than a couple of pizzas for him, then it just excites me even more.

Worst case scenario is that Campbell wouldn't work out. The Bills still would've gotten rid of Whitner in the deal.

better days
02-24-2010, 02:42 PM
That is the part many people are missing.

I'm not a fan of Campbell, but if the Bills got him and only had to give up Whitner, then absolutely.

Like I said, getting rid of Whitner is addition by subtraction. If they can get more than a couple of pizzas for him, then it just excites me even more.

Worst case scenario is that Campbell wouldn't work out. The Bills still would've gotten rid of Whitner in the deal.

The only thing that could make this deal any better is if we could get them to take Trent Edwards as part of the package.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 02:42 PM
No they didn't, Campbell was a huge part of that equation with consistency and efficiency that year. He didn't put up guady numbers though but he was integral in that undefeated run.

Ok whatever. If you don't think those two rb's carried that offense then you didn't watch that team play.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Yeah he's an upgrade from bad to below average. Lucky us.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 02:46 PM
LOL. Ok, Campbell is now better than both Henne and Sanchez. This place is ridiculous.

ZAZusmc03
Or he could be the perfect fit for the Gailey type offense. Workload goes on Fred and Marshawns back, leaving it up to Campbell on PA passes. Puts Campbell into his college situation.

Win for Buff

Yasgur's Farm
No big upgrade with Campbell.I gotta repeat this since you're gonna ignore factd...

Jason Campbell 2009
15th QB rating
18th Passing TD's
16th Passing yards per game
15th Average yards per pass
14th Total assing yards
10th Completion percentage

Not to mention, Campbell's started all 32 games the last 2 seasons... Trent?While Campbell is in the top 50% of starting NFL QB's, Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn't even make the top 80%... Edwards is nowhere to be found in the list at all and hasn't played a full season since Pop Warner.

Yet you choose to say there's no difference!

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Again, upgrade from bad to below average. Below average doesn't win in the NFL at qb position.

Ron Burgundy
02-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Again, upgrade from bad to below average. Below average doesn't win in the NFL at qb position.

Actually, those numbers are pretty much smack-dab in the middle of the road average. And that's enough to get a playoff berth, if the other parts of the team can be exceptional. Nothing we're gonna see next year, but maybe in a few years...

And you CAN win with a below-average quarterback, look what the Jets are doing with Mark Sanchez.

Yasgur's Farm
02-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Top 50% is below average? You wanna tell that to...
#16 Carson Palmer
#18 Vince Young
#20 Matt Ryan

Now you're just looking foolish.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Sorry but I don't want below average at qb. I want at least above average to great. Maybe it's just me . Been settiling for this crap at OBD for to long.

Ickybaluky
02-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Sorry but I don't want below average at qb. I want at least above average to great. Maybe it's just me . Been settiling for this crap at OBD for to long.

I see. So what offer are you making to Indy to get Peyton Manning?

I'm thinking it will take more than Whitner.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Top 50% is below average? You wanna tell that to...
#16 Carson Palmer
#18 Vince Young
#20 Matt Ryan

Now you're just looking foolish.

You are making yourself to look like an idiot. More to qbing then stats. And yes all three of those qb's are better then Campbell, even Young. The other two it's laughable to even discuss.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 03:08 PM
I see. So what offer are you making to Indy to get Peyton Manning?

I'm thinking it will take more than Whitner.

As stated already, being Whitner you can't expect more then a Campbell type qb. That doesn't mean I want the guy. I'd rather have a late rd. pick.

RockStar36
02-24-2010, 03:09 PM

The Jets made it all the way to the AFC Championship with a below average QB.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 03:14 PM
The Jets made it all the way to the AFC Championship with a below average QB.

Really. He improve alot as the year went on and will be in the top-10 easily before long. I would love to have him on the Bills.

DraftBoy
02-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Ok whatever. If you don't think those two rb's carried that offense then you didn't watch that team play.

You know I dont watch any college football ever.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Actually if the Bills really want this guy they don't have to give up anything, especially a draft pick with Whitner, because he will end up getting cut by the Skins when Shanahan gets his qb.

Yasgur's Farm
02-24-2010, 03:25 PM
You are making yourself to look like an idiot. More to qbing then stats. And yes all three of those qb's are better then Campbell, even Young. The other two it's laughable to even discuss.I see what I'm dealing with here... I hope you continue to enjoy arguing with yourself. :nuk:

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 03:26 PM
You know I dont watch any college football ever.

Then don't make stupid statements. You should know then that Auburn that year revolved around Cadillac and Brown, plus a very good defense.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 03:27 PM
I see what I'm dealing with here... I hope you continue to enjoy arguing with yourself. :nuk:

What your dealing with. You are throwing out some "stats" trying to say Campbell is better than Ryan.

Dujek
02-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Really. He improve alot as the year went on and will be in the top-10 easily before long. I would love to have him on the Bills.

Sanchez will never be a top 10 QB, the best he can hope for is to be Trent Dilfer Mk II, a QB who won't lose a game and will let his defense and running game go out there and win it.

Ickybaluky
02-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Then don't make stupid statements. You should know then that Auburn that year revolved around Cadillac and Brown, plus a very good defense.

He was MVP of the Sugar Bowl that year. He was also MVP of the SEC Championship game that year. He was 1st team All-SEC and SEC Offensive Player of the Year.

You act like he was some schmoe. He was a terrific college player. Lots of guys have talent around them and still don't win.

The bottom line with Campbell is he has skills, work ethic and leadership. He also has some experience and production as a pro, which is a plus. What he hasn't had is a stable team to play for, as Washington changed coaches and systems like some people change their underwear. The guy is worth trading for if you are looking for a QB, because in the right circumstances he can be a good QB who can help his team win.

If you are looking for a sure thing, you are out of luck. Teams that have good QB hold onto them and the draft is a crapshoot. Campbell is a worthwhile trade for any team looking for help at the QB position.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Never said he was some schmoe in college. If you followed that team then you know what drove them.

He's a step up from what we currently have but not much of a difference in my opinion. Draft a qb this year and go with Brohm until drafted qb is ready. I surely wouldn't be giving up a draft pick in any deal for him. Whitner I could care less about either way but would rather get a pick for him if possible.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Sanchez will never be a top 10 QB, the best he can hope for is to be Trent Dilfer Mk II, a QB who won't lose a game and will let his defense and running game go out there and win it.

Thats what they do with rookie qbs. He was playing his best as the year went on. Time will tell how good he becomes.

There were people here last year who wouldn't trade Edwards for Sanchez. At the beginning of the season. Times change.

Ickybaluky
02-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Never said he was some schmoe in college. If you followed that team then you know what drove them.

SEC Championship MVP
Sugar Bowl MVP
1st team All-SEC
SEC Offensive Player of the Year (Not Williams or Brown)

He may have been up-and-down earlier in his college career, but that year he did some driving.

He's a step up from what we currently have but not much of a difference in my opinion. Draft a qb this year and go with Brohm until drafted qb is ready. I surely wouldn't be giving up a draft pick in any deal for him. Whitner I could care less about either way but would rather get a pick for him if possible.

Brohm? Are you ****ting me? The guy was cut a year after being drafted in the second round. What does that say about his ability?

I don't know if Brohm can play or not, but certainly Campbell has a better track record. Campbell isn't without weakness, but the guy is a better bet than Brohm, who the Bills signed off the street.

Why not take a chance and try to win some games? That makes no sense. You are not even going to try to improve the team unless you can get a guy who is an elite QB? That is dumb.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 04:08 PM
You are right. " I don't know if Brohm can play or not" either.
I do know that Campbell isn't good enough.
Either is a fill in until they get their qb. 6-10 8-8. Whatever.

Why is Shanahan trying to dump him if he has something ? Wouldn't he be a stopgap until his new qb is ready ?
He will end up being cut anyway if they can't trade him. Whitner and no pick, nothing else.

Ron Burgundy
02-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Brohm? Are you ****ting me? The guy was cut a year after being drafted in the second round. What does that say about his ability?

This should be quoted every time Brian Brohm is mentioned on this board.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 04:14 PM
This should be quoted every time Brian Brohm is mentioned on this board.

Brohm, Edwards, Fitz, Hamdan, Campbell all one in the same.

Dicknoze69
02-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Brohm, Edwards, Fitz, Hamdan, Campbell all one in the same.

That's complete and utter craziness. If you can't see Campbell is better than those guys, you aren't thinking objectively. He's got skills and experience, with upside to boot.

Just because you think your team sucks, you don't just play any guy off the street and chalk it up to "oh well, we were going to suck anyway." Instead, you build your team up and try to win games and Campbell gives us a better chance to win than all of our current options.

BertSquirtgum
02-24-2010, 04:40 PM
you guys can argue all you want. it's pointless because he sucks. i'd rather have fred jackson as the permanent quarterback

DraftBoy
02-24-2010, 04:43 PM

No I wouldn't, I dont watch football remember.

Though if I did Im pretty sure a guy who was #3 in passing efficiency in the country may have had a pretty big hand in taking his team somewhere. But then again, what do I know?

Yasgur's Farm
02-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Ahwww come on DB... Now your just backing up your argument with facts. Didn't you know you're supposed to back your arguments with opinions and insults?

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Kids want facts on auburn that year,

Cad. Williams 5th pick of 2005 NFL Draft
R. Brown 2nd pick of same draft

TWO rb's draft in top-5 of the draft.

Think any qb could handle throwing with those two guys. Don't even try to say Campbell was who that team was built around. That team ranthe ball and won with defense. Opposing defense had to stack the boxand still couldn't stop them.

So if you are gonna come in and talk sh** you better have it right on what that team was about. You may be able to throw your college bs around for most here but it won't fly with me.

buffalobillsfan95
02-24-2010, 06:23 PM
what makes cambell better on our team? we had the one of the worst if not the worst o-line in the nfl. and this would make it 5 different offensive systems in 6 years. what a great way to make a quarterback good

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Actually thinking Campbell is some big savior. This guys stinks and is barely above the rest of the garbage qb's on this team.

RockStar36
02-24-2010, 06:51 PM

I've done some pretty extensive research on him for an article I wrote. He played well in the AFC Championship, but didn't do anything special as the year went on.

The reason they won in the playoffs is because their defense kicked ass and they ran the ball extremely well.

Any game that required Sanchez to throw a large number of times, they lost.

JCBills
02-25-2010, 12:11 PM

I love the backless arguments.

k-oneputt
02-25-2010, 01:39 PM
I love the backless arguments.

You watch the games ? He didn't play well in the play-offs ?

The problem with you fantasy/madden players is you think all qb'ing is based on stats.