• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Should the Bills trade up in the draft?

According to espn.com, the top 4 teams in the draft have all started having discussions about possibly moving down. Would any of you want to see the Bills try to move into the top 4, and if so for who and how much would you be willing to give up?

Each of the teams picking in the top four of the NFL draft come late April -- St. Louis, Detroit, Tampa Bay and Washington -- has discussed trading its pick and moving out of its spot, multiple NFL sources said Tuesday.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Should the Bills trade up in the draft?

We cant give up picks, maybe a player but we need our picks.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
      The Voice of Reason
      • Jul 2007

New regime = no reason to move up. With 9 picks this year, they're going to want their players coming in, and as many as possible.
      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

IF they really like Bradford a lot, which nobody knows and he gets past the fourth pick, then maybe Buffalo would move up.

But even moving from 9th to 5th would cost a 1st and 2nd.

A DT, Bradford or Okung if they really love him are the only three scenarios I could fathom it happening.

But hey. That also depends on FA.. How many holes can they fill via FA and or trades.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

The Bills are in a pretty good spot at 9. With so many needs, it's just about guaranteed that a stud in one of those areas will fall to them.
          At least one of Bradford, McClain or Bulaga will be there. No need to move up.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mudflap1
            Next Question!
            • Nov 2004

As it is with anything, if it's a great, shrewd deal that the Bills can make with someone to move up, then so be it. Certainly a guy like Suh would be an instant star on the Bills and would help tremendously.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

i think they should trade down and get an extra 2nd rounder.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

No to trading up and costing us draft picks.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                  No to trading up and costing us draft picks.
                  There's only one circumstance I disagree with that.

If they happen (and who knows) to grade Bradford as a franchise quarterback, and the rest of the QBs as projects; then I would move up to get my franchise QB 10 out of 10 times.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

Personally, I've always been a fan of trading down and getting more picks. It's rare that the top 5 picks actually end up being 5 of the best players from their class, so taking the risk of giving up extra picks and having to pay a ridiculous amount of money to a rookie always seems really stupid to me. However, considering the fact that the top picks get such huge contracts it kind of hurts the value of having a top pick since it automatically comes with a lot of risk too. So reading that the top 4 teams are all looking to move down got me thinking what would it actually take to move up. Maybe teams would be willing to take less just to get rid of the burden of the financial investment. I know there's a point system out there, but I wonder if you can even use it the same way anymore with these outrageous rookie contracts.

The only player I would consider moving up for is Suh, but I wonder what it would actually take.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      IF they really like Bradford a lot, which nobody knows and he gets past the fourth pick, then maybe Buffalo would move up.

But even moving from 9th to 5th would cost a 1st and 2nd.

A DT, Bradford or Okung if they really love him are the only three scenarios I could fathom it happening.

But hey. That also depends on FA.. How many holes can they fill via FA and or trades.
                      If we had a shot at Okung, I would take him in a second and not even THINK about Bradford. This team needs to build from the trenches, and THEN think about a "franchise" QB. Sam Bradford is a good QB, but behind the line we have, he would get broken like Rob Johnson did. He would amount to nothing in this league.

We need to build from the TRENCHES. Good linemen on both sides of the ball.
                      Last edited by Mad Bomber; 02-23-2010, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ed
                        According to espn.com, the top 4 teams in the draft have all started having discussions about possibly moving down. Would any of you want to see the Bills try to move into the top 4, and if so for who and how much would you be willing to give up?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft1...ory?id=4938788
                        As much as I want to say that we should pull the trigger for Bradford. I cant because of what we need. I think we can land a very good prospect at LT at 9, or maybe even still land Bradford.

We have too many needs and not enough picks. If it could be our 1st and a player... Id do that.

Comment

• hydro
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          There's only one circumstance I disagree with that.

If they happen (and who knows) to grade Bradford as a franchise quarterback, and the rest of the QBs as projects; then I would move up to get my franchise QB 10 out of 10 times.
                          It is rare that you draft a QB and know he has a good chance at being a Franchise QB. I don't think any of the QBs in this draft force our hand at moving up to get them.
                          BERNIAC!

Comment

• clumping platelets

I would consider trading up for Suh or McCoy but only them

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                              The Bills are in a pretty good spot at 9. With so many needs, it's just about guaranteed that a stud in one of those areas will fall to them.
                              Whens the last time Buffalo picked a stud?

Comment

Working...
                              X