• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Griese ends up in Miami

It took several days longer than anticipated, but the Miami Dolphins and free agent quarterback Brian Griese reached agreement on a two-year contract Friday.

It took several days longer than anticipated, but the Miami Dolphins and free agent quarterback Brian Griese reached agreement on a two-year contract Friday

Griese will receive a $1 million signing bonus and a base salary of $530,000 for 2003. For the 2004 season, his salary cap charge is in excess of $6 million, meaning the Dolphins will either be forced to keep him as a starter, restructure the deal, or release him back into the free agent market.
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

holy :angry:....cha ching!!!

Comment

• Romes
      • Jul 2002

sweet...i'll always welcome a QB controversy on a rival team.
      Originally posted by paladin warrior
      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

It's not much of a controversy. If it even gets near any kind of controversy Fiedler will be getting knocked down a few pegs.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

and this was an even better reason to sign Griese.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
            • Sep 2002

Much ado about nothing. But thanks for taking the time to keep us posted. So much for the rumor about the Bills having an interest.

Comment

• baalworship
              • May 2003

Griese sucks. But this was a necessary move for Miami. They couldn't keep Lucas and needed a backup. Miami will be fine as long as Fiedler doesn't get injured again.
              I would love to play Griese! But of course Dolphin fans would whine if we made Griese cry like Lucas...

Comment

• Demon
                • Mar 2003

Thank god. I was praying he wouldn't sign for us! Looks like the football gods are on our side tonight : )
                Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

So, he's going from trying to succeed John Elway (in the process not living up to everyone's expectations and constantly being scrutinized) to going to the team his father QB'd to Super Bowl glory during a Hall of Fame career? A team, by the way, that needs its QB to play well since the departure of their future Hall of Famer Dan Marino? Yeah, this should be a much less pressure filled situation for him. Riiiiiiiiiight.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by R. Rich
                    So, he's going from trying to succeed John Elway (in the process not living up to everyone's expectations and constantly being scrutinized) to going to the team his father QB'd to Super Bowl glory during a Hall of Fame career? A team, by the way, that needs its QB to play well since the departure of their future Hall of Famer Dan Marino? Yeah, this should be a much less pressure filled situation for him. Riiiiiiiiiight.
                    I know! I find this whole situation...freaking hilarious!

And of course we all know that everyone loves to party in Florida....especially by Miami. He'll be drunk and hitting trees in no time! Or maybe he'll run over Ricky Williams.

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

All this talk of him ending up in Buffalo was making me sick
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

What the hell are they thinking? The Dolphins already have cap problems, now if they keep him around next year they're going to have a $6 million hit for a friggin back up QB? They'll have to release him. R. Rich and Mike are right- this is hilarious.

I'd like to see the Bills have a more experienced guy behind Bledsoe, but not for that kind of dinero.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Griese will become the starter in Fishland.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

It looks like a one year deal me. Fiedler signed a big contract prior to last year and unless Fiedler gets hurt and Griese comes in and brings them to at least the AFC Championship game he is as good as gone. Miami receivers are not in the same class as Denvers so I can't see him doing real well if/when given the opportunity.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                              My IQ Test results came back negative
                              • Oct 2002

yah Bledsoe stills "OwnsAll" of the AFC east.

Comment

Working...
                              X