PDA

View Full Version : Griese ends up in Miami

venis2k1
06-06-2003, 05:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1564457.html

It took several days longer than anticipated, but the Miami Dolphins and free agent quarterback Brian Griese reached agreement on a two-year contract Friday

Griese will receive a $1 million signing bonus and a base salary of $530,000 for 2003. For the 2004 season, his salary cap charge is in excess of $6 million, meaning the Dolphins will either be forced to keep him as a starter, restructure the deal, or release him back into the free agent market.

shelby
06-06-2003, 05:51 PM
holy :angry:....cha ching!!!
:eek:

Romes
06-06-2003, 06:02 PM
sweet...i'll always welcome a QB controversy on a rival team.

Typ0
06-06-2003, 06:07 PM
It's not much of a controversy. If it even gets near any kind of controversy Fiedler will be getting knocked down a few pegs.

Typ0
06-06-2003, 06:08 PM
and this was an even better reason to sign Griese.

Lone Stranger
06-06-2003, 06:10 PM
Much ado about nothing. But thanks for taking the time to keep us posted. So much for the rumor about the Bills having an interest.

baalworship
06-06-2003, 06:24 PM
Griese sucks. But this was a necessary move for Miami. They couldn't keep Lucas and needed a backup. Miami will be fine as long as Fiedler doesn't get injured again.
I would love to play Griese! But of course Dolphin fans would whine if we made Griese cry like Lucas...

Demon
06-06-2003, 08:59 PM
Thank god. I was praying he wouldn't sign for us! Looks like the football gods are on our side tonight : )

R. Rich
06-07-2003, 05:07 AM
So, he's going from trying to succeed John Elway (in the process not living up to everyone's expectations and constantly being scrutinized) to going to the team his father QB'd to Super Bowl glory during a Hall of Fame career? A team, by the way, that needs its QB to play well since the departure of their future Hall of Famer Dan Marino? Yeah, this should be a much less pressure filled situation for him. Riiiiiiiiiight.

Michael82
06-07-2003, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by R. Rich
So, he's going from trying to succeed John Elway (in the process not living up to everyone's expectations and constantly being scrutinized) to going to the team his father QB'd to Super Bowl glory during a Hall of Fame career? A team, by the way, that needs its QB to play well since the departure of their future Hall of Famer Dan Marino? Yeah, this should be a much less pressure filled situation for him. Riiiiiiiiiight.

I know! I find this whole situation...freaking hilarious! :lol:

And of course we all know that everyone loves to party in Florida....especially by Miami. He'll be drunk and hitting trees in no time! Or maybe he'll run over Ricky Williams. :snicker: :evil:

casdhf
06-07-2003, 06:55 AM
All this talk of him ending up in Buffalo was making me sick

OpIv37
06-07-2003, 10:35 AM
What the hell are they thinking? The Dolphins already have cap problems, now if they keep him around next year they're going to have a $6 million hit for a friggin back up QB? They'll have to release him. R. Rich and Mike are right- this is hilarious.

I'd like to see the Bills have a more experienced guy behind Bledsoe, but not for that kind of dinero.

Jan Reimers
06-07-2003, 10:37 AM
Griese will become the starter in Fishland.

don137
06-07-2003, 02:37 PM
It looks like a one year deal me. Fiedler signed a big contract prior to last year and unless Fiedler gets hurt and Griese comes in and brings them to at least the AFC Championship game he is as good as gone. Miami receivers are not in the same class as Denvers so I can't see him doing real well if/when given the opportunity.

BillsOwnAll
06-07-2003, 03:43 PM
yah Bledsoe stills "OwnsAll" of the AFC east.

Novacane
06-07-2003, 08:22 PM
Read over at finheaven and you'd think this move guarantees them a super bowl.

dolfan25
06-08-2003, 06:04 PM
Yeah that's really how Fin fans are reacting. Talk about misrepresentation. It's another depth signing. Whoop de doo. If Fiedler goes down then we don't have to worry about Ray.

WCoastFin
06-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by baalworship
Griese sucks.
I would love to play Griese!

I wonder if this has anything to do w/the fact that Fiedler is 4-0 vs the Bills

venis2k1
06-08-2003, 09:38 PM
Or that the bills are 2-0 vs the fins in the Bledsoe era.

mikemac2001
06-09-2003, 12:39 AM
Didnt fiedler start againist bills Last season in 2nd game....then got hurt again not sure hard to remember that game had it on tape and it was ****ty looking

Earthquake Enyart
06-09-2003, 08:14 AM
From what I read, Griese sure didn't sign for much. I would have thought he would have gotten a little more $$

BillsNYC
06-09-2003, 09:22 AM
thank god..the dolphins get a joke backup and the bills didn't sign a joke backup.

Phins054
06-09-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by mikemac2001
Didnt fiedler start againist bills Last season in 2nd game....then got hurt again not sure hard to remember that game had it on tape and it was ****ty looking

No...Lucas started that game. Fiedler came in for like 1 maybe 2 series.

Phins054
06-09-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Read over at finheaven and you'd think this move guarantees them a super bowl.

As far as I am concerned I think its a good signing. We need to have a future QB because Feidler will only be in the league for another 3 years or so. I do not think Griese is the missing piece to the puzzle. I can't think of 1 single player in the NFL that will bring a title to any team. This is the ultimate team sport, you have to have the pieces in place to get to and win a SB. Anyone who thinks otherwise is :drinker:

Typ0
06-09-2003, 12:36 PM
Griese will be starting by midseason trying to figure out what is wrong with the team and pick up the pieces.

Phins054
06-09-2003, 02:52 PM
I don't understand the Fiedler bashers...Not everyone can be a Montana. Guys like the Aikmans Marinos Farves Kellys and Elways are in a class by themselves and they come along rarely. Feidler has a solid starting record and is just athletic enough to get the job done.

The only thing Feidler needs to improve on is his deep ball...He scares me everytime he launches one his ducks...

mikemac2001
06-09-2003, 03:09 PM
thanks i wasnt sure about it but i did recall feidler playing....funny thing i didnt get to see the whole first half because tape was ****ty... then suddenly it became Clear in 2nd half Thats when bills started to have fun....Was it a miracle I think so

Typ0
06-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Phins054
I don't understand the Fiedler bashers...Not everyone can be a Montana. Guys like the Aikmans Marinos Farves Kellys and Elways are in a class by themselves and they come along rarely. Feidler has a solid starting record and is just athletic enough to get the job done.

The only thing Feidler needs to improve on is his deep ball...He scares me everytime he launches one his ducks...

That's his problem...he is just barely athletic enough to barely get the job done. You have had an outstanding team down there for the past four or five years and haven't gotten anywhere because Fiedler does not have the goods to take over one or two games a season and win it for you when you need him. It's a waste of a lot of talent if you ask me.

Phins054
06-09-2003, 03:53 PM
In his last 2 years Marino was the same way...But the way he brought us back in the Seattle playoff game was nice to see.

Football is a team sport. The elite QBs I mentioned above and there are others I didn't mention had the uncanny ability to lift a team on their shoulders and will them to win. Feidler and the other average QBs simply manage the game and are DLG QBs. Still they are in the NFL and we are watching them on TV...

THenPitBull
06-09-2003, 04:00 PM
i wouldnt say that there team has been "oustanding" by any means in the last 4 or 5 years. They just got the missing piece of the running game last year with Ricky, and the receiving core wasnt exactly up to par. They dont compare to Moulds and Reed, not giving anything to Fielder I've seen enough of his ducks, like the one to clements, but he hasnt exactly had all the pieces put in place on any given year.