• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Mike Mayock on Bulaga

“Bulaga to me is going to be one of the four offensive tackles that could possibly go in the first nine picks,” Mayock said. “If you think about Scott Pioli, the GM of the Kansas City Chiefs, is a good friend and admirer of (Iowa Coach) Kirk Ferentz. He loves the type of technician that Kirk develops with offensive linemen. So it wouldn’t surprise me if he went as early as No. 5 to Kansas City.”

Bulaga, a 6-foot-6, 315-pound three-year starter at Iowa, was named the 2009 Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year. He also was tabbed a second-team All-American. Iowa last had a first-round pick in 2006 when linebacker Chad Greenway went No. 17 overall to the Minnesota Vikings. Iowa’s last top 10 pick was offensive tackle Robert Gallery, who went No. 2 overall to Oakland in 2004.

Mayock ranks Bulaga second among available offensive tackles for this year’s draft.
    Mayock and I have Bulaga ranked at the exact same place.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: Mike Mayock on Bulaga

All I know if he is the pick at #9 he damn well better be able to play left tackle on day one.
    We can't be using #9 on a right tackle.
    On this team there is no reason for that pick not to immediately walk in and start. Unlike our #11 pick last year who was useless.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

i think this kid can be a Day One starter for the Bills at LT.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Mayock also has Earl Thomas ranked above Eric Berry.

Mayock is always trying to shake things up, but usually in ways people don't expect. He's a good evaluator, but his job is still similar to Kiper/McShay...he's looking to get people talking and to create controversy.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          http://gazetteonline.com/blogs/docs-...rack-the-top-5

Mayock and I have Bulaga ranked at the exact same place.
          Bulaga as the #2 OT is pretty much consensus but Earl Thomas ahead of Berry is just madness.

Thomas is no where near Berry. Mayock pretty much took the top 3 players in the draft and shook em up.

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
            Mayock also has Earl Thomas ranked above Eric Berry.

Mayock is always trying to shake things up, but usually in ways people don't expect. He's a good evaluator, but his job is still similar to Kiper/McShay...he's looking to get people talking and to create controversy.
            Kiper/McShay are not even in the same ballpark as Mayock as far as being a talent evaluator. For a guy that evaluates talent for the NFL Network he has a tracked record that is far superior to Kiper/McShay. If you look at his record in the last few drafts he has had a lot more hits than misses when evaluating talent. The same can not be said for Kiper/McShay.
            I am not saying he is correct about the Thomas/Berry prediction but I respect Mayock's opinion much more than anyone else on TV or on the internet evaluating talent.

Comment

• BidsJr
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt
              All I know if he is the pick at #9 he damn well better be able to play left tackle on day one.
              We can't be using #9 on a right tackle.
              On this team there is no reason for that pick not to immediately walk in and start. Unlike our #11 pick last year who was useless.
              Bulaga is a pure bred LT.
              "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• colin
                Drew's my hero!
                • Jul 2002

imo even if bulaga starts at RT and we bring someone in or switch someone to LT it's good. oher moved to LT during the year and if it takes bulaga a season or less it's not a loss. the idea is our line gets better, not our one position gets better.

i love the big LB from alabama, but if we get campbell and go OT day one, and FA LBs and 2nd round LBs i really can't complain.

Comment

• BidsJr
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by colin
                  imo even if bulaga starts at RT and we bring someone in or switch someone to LT it's good. oher moved to LT during the year and if it takes bulaga a season or less it's not a loss. the idea is our line gets better, not our one position gets better.

i love the big LB from alabama, but if we get campbell and go OT day one, and FA LBs and 2nd round LBs i really can't complain.

WTH is this Bulaga RT crap? He has been a LT basically his entire life.
                  "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Its related to people worried about his shorter arms. Personally I think he is a bonafide LT prospect.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by BidsJr
                      WTH is this Bulaga RT crap? He has been a LT basically his entire life.
                      That's college. Just because he's played left tackle since midget football doesn't necessarily mean he can play it in the NFL.
                      All I'm saying is he better be able to handle the speed rushers and the blind side if he is the pick.

Comment

• BidsJr
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Its related to people worried about his shorter arms. Personally I think he is a bonafide LT prospect.
                        If his arms are indeed short he will make up for it with nastiness. No issues with him being a LT here from Rookie mini camps on.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by BidsJr
                          If his arms are indeed short he will make up for it with nastiness. No issues with him being a LT here from Rookie mini camps on.
                          On this team I'm sure he would be the best lt in camp, but thats not saying much. I personally like him more on the right side but if he can get it done on the left I am on board.

Comment

• BidsJr
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                            On this team I'm sure he would be the best lt in camp, but thats not saying much. I personally like him more on the right side but if he can get it done on the left I am on board.

Right side? Is this a joke? Have you ever seen him play or do you like making random player assessments like Snead at QB?

Comment

• Raptor
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by don137
                              Kiper/McShay are not even in the same ballpark as Mayock as far as being a talent evaluator. For a guy that evaluates talent for the NFL Network he has a tracked record that is far superior to Kiper/McShay. If you look at his record in the last few drafts he has had a lot more hits than misses when evaluating talent. The same can not be said for Kiper/McShay.
                              I am not saying he is correct about the Thomas/Berry prediction but I respect Mayock's opinion much more than anyone else on TV or on the internet evaluating talent.

I think Kiper is a lot closer to Mayock then you giving him credit for(cant argue McShay, the guy is a clown)

Take Cutler for example, his first two years Mayock looked to have the more accurate report, the most recent two Kipers report looks far more accurate

Comment

Working...
                              X