• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Great article from Chuck Pollock

Regular Buffalo Bills writer from the Olean's Times Herald, Chuck Pollock, has a great article this week stating the Bills changes lack punch. He brings up some great points. I know the article is from Monday and I noticed it wasn't posted here yet, so I'm posting it now for discussion:

What a seven weeks it's been for the Buffalo Bills.

It was 52 days ago that former scout Buddy Nix was introduced as the team's 11th general manager.

Since that New Year's Eve announcement the changes have been non-stop and occasionally surprising.

Anybody who thought there was a realistic chance that Bill Cowher or Mike Shanahan were Buffalo-bound to coach this team, despite the Bills' supposed overtures to them, doesn't understand the dysfunctional nature of the franchise.

This is a club with a 91-year-old owner who has been known to involve himself in the on-field aspects of his team, and who has experienced enough of the chasm between the NFL's have and have-not franchises, that he sold eight games to Toronto to remain financially competitive.

Clearly there's a major question about the team's future in Western New York after 2012 when the Bills' lease runs out at "The Ralph," a timetable that could be accelerated after Wilson's death when the franchise will be sold "to the highest bidder," in his own words.

Full article
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Great article from Chuck Pollock

that is a great article.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

I wish the guy would write about the Bills more often. I enjoy his articles.

Comment

• northernbillfan
        Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
        I wish the guy would write about the Bills more often. I enjoy his articles.
        He writes one a week during the season. Part 2 of this article hits the newstands on Monday.
        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

Good read. The first comment hit the nail on the head, concerning Nix getting off on the wrong foot. He only upset the media, or more specifically, the ones that have been spewing **** for years about the Bills. I loved how he handled it...put the pants on ol'Sully!!

I am impressed with Nix, and believe I will feel the same after next year. Let's hope I'm right.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
            WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
            • Mar 2003

I don't think Ralph sold the games to Toronto to remain financially competetive. I think it was a $78 mil money grab under the guise of regionalization of the fanbase. Because for that to work, more then just Toronto fans would have to travel to the Ralph for Bills games. Toronto Corporations would have to invest in luxury boxes and club seats at the Ralph. Since corporate sponsorship in the way of luxury box ticket sales and not "sellouts" is really what matters to the NFL.

There is no indication that the multi-national corporations from Toronto are interested in that until a franchise is placed in Toronto.
            Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by northernbillfan
              He writes one a week during the season. Part 2 of this article hits the newstands on Monday.
              I know. I want more!

Comment

• JCBills
                • Jan 2010

I thought there was more, the tone made it seem like he was going to discuss some of it more in-depth as well as some of the hirings he didn't mention, and then it just kinda stopped. Good until I was interrupted by what I was reading (didn't know this could happen.)

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                  I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                  • May 2005

Chuck's a nice guy... that's kind of my hometown newspaper as I grew up 20 minutes from Olean and know a few current and former staffers there. He usually is pretty much on when it comes to the Bills.

Comment

Working...
                  X