PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schefter guarantees that Rams will draft Sam Bradford with the 1st pick

Raptor
02-24-2010, 04:00 PM
http://www.101espn.com/post/38853_bu...ay_22410/audio

I can see it, this is a QB driven league and when you dont have a franchise QB on your roster or one that you will believe will be one your team is wasting its time. QB trumps everything

Ickybaluky
02-24-2010, 04:03 PM
I think it is early to say that, but if Bradford throws well and shows he is healthy it would not surprise me. I think he is the best QB in this draft. I really like him.

BillsWin
02-24-2010, 04:17 PM
He is the best QB in the draft, I have him ranked as my fifth best player overall behind Suh, McCoy, Berry and Bryant.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2010, 04:18 PM
but some were against taking him at 9 even... :shakeno:

BillsWin
02-24-2010, 04:19 PM
but some were against taking him at 9 even... :shakeno:

Those people didn't watch him play.

k-oneputt
02-24-2010, 04:20 PM

I can see it, this is a QB driven league and when you dont have a franchise QB on your roster or one that you will believe will be one your team is wasting its time. QB trumps everything

No doubt about that. Many around here think differently though.

TedMock
02-24-2010, 04:21 PM
He is the best QB in the draft, I have him ranked as my fifth best player overall behind Suh, McCoy, Berry and Bryant.
I can't put my finger on it, but there is something I don't trust about Berry. I do not think he'll be a bust, but I just get the feeling that his NFL career will be of a lower caliber than his pre-draft first round grades are saying. He has all the skill and certainly can be a playmaker, but I feel like he misses a lot of opportunity as a safety in certain games too. Any chance he ends up a better corner than safety? It wouldn't shock me.

WeAreArthurMoates
02-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Makes sense, good prospect and if your shelling out over 70 mil, might as well make a qb. This is good for us could it will def push Buluga down the board.

DraftBoy
02-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Those people didn't watch him play.

Nope didn't watch him at all.

Bradford is not going #1 because his play dictates that he is the best (or really even close) to being the best player in the draft. Rams want to take a franchise QB. This just made our draft much clearer. I think the Rams are making a mistake and now Detroit will have a much better market for their #2 pick if they decide to deal down.

BillsWin
02-24-2010, 04:26 PM
I can't put my finger on it, but there is something I don't trust about Berry. I do not think he'll be a bust, but I just get the feeling that his NFL career will be of a lower caliber than his pre-draft first round grades are saying. He has all the skill and certainly can be a playmaker, but I feel like he misses a lot of opportunity as a safety in certain games too. Any chance he ends up a better corner than safety? It wouldn't shock me.

I agree that there is a possibility that he doesn't pan out to his early first round grade, but the kid is a stud. I think he has an Ed Reed clone.

BillsWin
02-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Nope didn't watch him at all.

Bradford is not going #1 because his play dictates that he is the best (or really even close) to being the best player in the draft. Rams want to take a franchise QB. This just made our draft much clearer. I think the Rams are making a mistake and now Detroit will have a much better market for their #2 pick if they decide to deal down.

I dont think he is going number one overall, I was criticizing those who think he isn't worth the number nine pick.

Which i think he has good value at.

FlyingDutchman
02-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Good, let those morons take him number 1 cuz i sure as hell dont want him in buffalo

Prov401
02-24-2010, 04:38 PM
He is definitely the best QB in this draft.

However, still a risk. I'm so over the Bills taking risks in round number 1. I want to play it safe this year, and take somebody that is rated high. Best player available this year.

DraftBoy
02-24-2010, 04:41 PM
I dont think he is going number one overall, I was criticizing those who think he isn't worth the number nine pick.

Which i think he has good value at.

He isn't worth the #9 pick, his skill level is closer to the low 20's. Due to a horrible class his value is over inflated. Im not saying he's a bust, or that he won't be good, I just think its a big time reach. But one they have to make if they want him because if they don't some other team will.

FlyingDutchman
02-24-2010, 04:46 PM
He isn't worth the #9 pick, his skill level is closer to the low 20's. Due to a horrible class his value is over inflated. Im not saying he's a bust, or that he won't be good, I just think its a big time reach. But one they have to make if they want him because if they don't some other team will.

good post, exactly how i feel

X-Era
02-24-2010, 04:55 PM

I can totally see it as well. It just shows how much teams will spend as far as picks and money on a potential franchise QB.

Night Train
02-24-2010, 05:28 PM
I watched him play many times and he's deadly accurate.

He's also injury prone. Buyer beware.

Philagape
02-24-2010, 05:31 PM
I'd be willing to take him at 9, but in a way I'll be relieved if him (and Clausen) are off the board because it'll make the decision much easier. Bulaga, McClain or Bryant seem like lower risks but would still be great picks for areas of need.

tampabay25690
02-24-2010, 05:32 PM

To me BERRY is the safest pick in this draft.
Solid as a player I have seen at the safety position in a very long time.....
You should have alot of trust in him as a player....
The guy will be a pro bowler and a class act that you dont see all the time.....

Yasgur's Farm
02-24-2010, 05:50 PM
I don't want a QB at #9... But I'd go Clausen before Bradford.

As for the QB position in Buffalo...

1) Campbell, McNabb, Vick or any other vet stop-gap
2) Brohm
3) 3rd rounder such as LeFevour

Ingtar33
02-24-2010, 06:06 PM
my first mock draft is looking a little more accurate if this is true.

I've been telling you all that there was no way StL goes DL after spending 3 of their last 4 no.1 picks on the DL.

nateodoms'bff
02-24-2010, 06:07 PM

why?

As far as i could see, he has a slow delivery, cant play under center, and has limited arm strength. he plays in the spread, so he is accurate, but doesnt have to throw out patterns, or worry about 3rd and long.

he could be good if he stays healthy and has time to develop. he is no matt ryan, joe flacco, or even matt stafford.

Ingtar33
02-24-2010, 06:39 PM
why?

As far as i could see, he has a slow delivery, cant play under center, and has limited arm strength. he plays in the spread, so he is accurate, but doesnt have to throw out patterns, or worry about 3rd and long.

he could be good if he stays healthy and has time to develop. he is no matt ryan, joe flacco, or even matt stafford.

you've never watched him play if this is your evaluation.

FlyingDutchman
02-24-2010, 06:46 PM
you've never watched him play if this is your evaluation.

i watched him play a lot and i agree with what he said. he plays on a powerhouse in the big 12 where the defenses are a joke. The spread offense he ran is a simple pitch and catch. He also never took snaps from under center. It blows my mind that some of you are so high on this guy

Thief
02-24-2010, 07:05 PM
I think Bradford is a franchise QB, especially in a dome.

Ingtar33
02-24-2010, 07:17 PM
i watched him play a lot and i agree with what he said. he plays on a powerhouse in the big 12 where the defenses are a joke. The spread offense he ran is a simple pitch and catch. He also never took snaps from under center. It blows my mind that some of you are so high on this guy

about 15% of his snaps were under center out of the I formation.

good lord a lot of ignorance in this thread.

patmoran2006
02-24-2010, 07:19 PM
As far as Bradford talks go, I dont know if he'll be first.

But if you're a Bills fan I wouldnt worry about whether we took or passed him, because unless his arm gets amputated he's not going to be on the board at nine.

This is a QB's league, and he's the best QB in this class-- allegedly by a lot.

This is also a fairly deep OT draft class, and a team that picks very early can come back very early in round two with a good OT prospect still, and get a potential franchise QB instead of a project like Tebow, McCoy and all those others are.

FlyingDutchman
02-24-2010, 07:36 PM

ignorant? did you really have to add that in there? do you really have to keep testing peoples college knowledge everytime they dont agree with you? what percentage of snaps in the NFL are under center? ill bet 85% at least. So that 15% should really go a long way. I think you took me saying never a little too literally.

DraftBoy
02-24-2010, 07:38 PM
my first mock draft is looking a little more accurate if this is true.

I've been telling you all that there was no way StL goes DL after spending 3 of their last 4 no.1 picks on the DL.

Id still think Suh is the better fit for what they want to do on D, the better overall player and the safer pick. But yes you were/are right if this happens.

Ingtar33
02-24-2010, 07:48 PM
ignorant? did you really have to add that in there? do you really have to keep testing peoples college knowledge everytime they dont agree with you?

you're right. I'm sorry i wrote ignorant.

FlyingDutchman
02-24-2010, 07:56 PM
:cheers:

nateodoms'bff
02-24-2010, 09:42 PM

and what percentage of those snaps were throws or runs? im not saying hes not going to be good, i just dont think ANY big 12 qb is going to succeed right away in the nfl. its rarely happened. Vince young took a benching and booing to be better than average. Young is far from an elite level QB.

so again, ill ask. What makes Bradford so high on everbody's list? and please give an evaluation. im not trying to stir the pot, im genuinly interested in what people see in him?

Ingtar33
02-24-2010, 11:31 PM
and what percentage of those snaps were throws or runs? im not saying hes not going to be good, i just dont think ANY big 12 qb is going to succeed right away in the nfl. its rarely happened. Vince young took a benching and booing to be better than average. Young is far from an elite level QB.

so again, ill ask. What makes Bradford so high on everbody's list? and please give an evaluation. im not trying to stir the pot, im genuinly interested in what people see in him?

about half. he's got a killer play action.

I have an evaluation of him in the scouting zone.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=183870

I was too harsh on his footwork in that review. His footwork is great except when it isn't. He is inconsistent. and i don't know why, but it mostly seems like the more open his WR and the shorter the pass... the worse his footwork gets.

clumping platelets
02-25-2010, 01:44 AM
I :pray: that the Rams take a QB at #1

Ickybaluky
02-25-2010, 07:35 AM
and what percentage of those snaps were throws or runs? im not saying hes not going to be good, i just dont think ANY big 12 qb is going to succeed right away in the nfl. its rarely happened.

The Big 12 hasn't traditionally been a QB hotbed, but that is changing. They used to be all about running the ball, but there has been a shift to the passing game in recent years. This year both Bradford and McCoy are going to get drafted pretty high, and that is a trend that probably doesn't end.

Jerrod Johnson might be the next high pick. The guy is 6-6, 245#, has a cannon for an arm, is athletic and runs with power. This past year he threw for over 3,000 yards with 60% completions, and a 28-to-6 TD-to-Int ratio. He rushed for another 450 yards and 6 TD. For all the talk about Tim Tebow, this kid was every bit as impressive (without the Florida talent around him) and totally turned around the A & M program.

Beebe's Kid
02-25-2010, 09:55 AM
My new least-favorite word = stopgap

Billz_fan
02-25-2010, 10:16 AM

He is the best QB, yet you rank him behing McCoy ? is there another McCoy or type error ?

Ickybaluky
02-25-2010, 10:17 AM
He is the best QB, yet you rank him behing McCoy ? is there another McCoy or type error ?

He is talking about Gerald. He is a DT.

Billz_fan
02-25-2010, 10:31 AM
He is talking about Gerald. He is a DT.

Thank you sir !

djjimkelly
02-25-2010, 11:26 AM

i think the bills have proved the theory u dont take a safety in the top 10

Ickybaluky
02-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Bradford measured at 6'4 1/4, 236# for the combine. That means he has put on some weight and has great size for a QB.

If he shows his shoulder is healthy when he throws at his pro day, it would not be a surprise at all if he goes #1.

k-oneputt
02-26-2010, 10:58 AM
And Clausen is going to Wash.

That leaves us with an o-tackle.