PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: McNabb in Buffalo?- Just heard on 103.3

YardRat
02-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Some dude from Lockport just called into 103.3 and said he flew into Buffalo on a smaller plane with Donovan...McNabb was signing autographs.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2010, 04:17 PM
This crap again.

SABURZFAN
02-24-2010, 04:19 PM
stay tuned..... :movie:

SquishDaFish
02-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Man I wish but I dont care to see all these damn threads again

Zero
02-24-2010, 04:20 PM
someone please shoot this rumor down before I start getting my hopes up- again.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2010, 04:22 PM
I don't even really want the guy. He is old and fragile. Why not start young?

DraftBoy
02-24-2010, 04:25 PM
I don't even really want the guy. He is old and fragile. Why not start young?

Fragile??

The King
02-24-2010, 04:26 PM
It's Sean McNabb, not Donovan.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2971034/

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Fragile??
I guess he hasn't been the last 2 years but the prior 3 years to that he has missed 2, 6, and 7 games...

Aliceinchainsbills15
02-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Some dude from Lockport just called into 103.3 and said he flew into Buffalo on a smaller plane with Donovan...McNabb was signing autographs.
Here we go again...

Zero
02-24-2010, 04:28 PM
McNabb would make a positive impact on our offense Day 1, even with our current O-line. I dont see a rookie QB having the same effect. While I'm not opposed to looking for a franchise guy, McNabb would make this team relevant overnight, IMHO...

Prov401
02-24-2010, 04:33 PM
McNabb would make a positive impact on our offense Day 1, even with our current O-line. I dont see a rookie QB having the same effect. While I'm not opposed looking for a franchise guy, McNabb would make this team relevant overnight, IMHO...

Absolutely.

Right now I view him as I viewed Drew Bledsoe back when he came to us. He is beyond his best years, however, he still has enough to be a good QB in this leauge for another 2-3 years. The thing that sets him apart from Bledsoe is he obviously isn't a statue, so that makes this possible trade a little better than the Bledsoe one.

I'd make this trade in a heart beat.

Commissioner
02-24-2010, 04:34 PM
My friend is manager for AVIS car rental place at the airport and just sent me a picture on my phone of Donovan McNabb and some younger dude.... if i wasn't at work right now i would post the pic....

I get out of work at 10PM will post it then.

Crisis
02-24-2010, 04:34 PM
my girlfriend's ex's cousin's uncle's sister's grandma's maid told me the same thing.

Commissioner
02-24-2010, 04:35 PM
I have confirmation of this... my buddy just sent me a pic message of Donovan and some other dude. My buddy manages AVIS car rental by the airport and said McNabb just rented a car from him.

I will post it when i get out of work.

DesertFox24
02-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Crisis got to ask what the hell is with the dude in green

JCBills
02-24-2010, 04:37 PM
"Hi, I'm some guy who flew in on a small plane with Donovan McNabb. He's signing autographs."

Sounds like a rock solid source the radio station is using. And of course the first thing any player under contract with another team would do when arriving in Buffalo is sign autographs, it's science.

I'm tired of this. Why are people so obsessed with an injury prone QB on the back end of his career?

Zero
I have confirmation of this... my buddy just sent me a pic message of Donovan and some other dude. My buddy manages AVIS car rental by the airport and said McNabb just rented a car from him.

I will post it when i get out of work.

We should have had a "We want McNabb" billboard ready for the guy. We're so amateur...

Commissioner
my girlfriend's ex's cousin's uncle's sister's grandma's maid told me the same thing.

When i get out of work i will post the pic he just sent me.

My buddy and his brother aren't liars... infact i didn't believe him until he sent me the picture.

Ironically i come on here and hear that the radio is reporting it also.

Zero
02-24-2010, 04:41 PM

My buddy and his brother aren't liars... infact i didn't believe him until he sent me the picture.

Work?? Who needs that? Get your a$$ home and show us!

TrEd FTW
02-24-2010, 04:43 PM
I give it another hour before Bills fans start tracking flights...

homeslice5484
A trade cannot occur till after FA starts correct?

Prov401
"Hi, I'm some guy who flew in on a small plane with Donovan McNabb. He's signing autographs."

Sounds like a rock solid source the radio station is using. And of course the first thing any player under contract with another team would do when arriving in Buffalo is sign autographs, it's science.

I'm tired of this. Why are people so obsessed with an injury prone QB on the back end of his career?

Why? Because he's better than Trent, Fitz, and Brohm.

Because he's better this year, and next year, than any QB's coming out of this draft.

Because all he has done is win, and knows what it takes to get to the big games.

I wouldn't call him injury prone. I would call him tough. The guy played nearly 3 quarters with a broken ankle 6 years ago. He put his body on the line last year and suffered a few cracked ribs. The guy is a player. He will have us contending, as long as we put a line in front of him.

Night Train
02-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Yard is a good poster and I won't crap on what he heard.

I kind of enjoy this stuff during this time of year. Exciting times.

mrbojanglezs
02-24-2010, 04:46 PM

right but teams are allowed to start working out deals before hand, its not tampering if team agrees.

for example if the bills wanted to work out a contract extension with donovan

but no official trades can happen till FA

homeslice5484
02-24-2010, 04:49 PM
i am not sure how I feel about this just in terms of compensation, but better play at QB can do A LOT...but I would not give up a 1st rounder

patmoran2006

Correct.

homeslice5484
and dont we usually pick up a player and drive him? Why would he be getting a rental car?

Demon
02-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Here we go again.....

By tonight, nobody will be caring about the Olympics anymore and we'll start listening to Joe Logan's basement internet show and start tracking flights......

Didn't we all learn our lesson the hard way this year already?

X-Era
02-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Correct.

However, that does not prevent a team from having Donovan in for an interview, etc... with his teams permission I think.

Im adding Rumor to the title.

patmoran2006
02-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Here we go again.....

By tonight, nobody will be caring about the Olympics anymore and we'll start listening to Joe Logan's basement internet show and start tracking flights......

Didn't we all learn our lesson the hard way this year already?

Agreed.

But since I aint got **** to do anyway, Im looking into it and if he's actually in Buffalo, I'll find out.

And BTW, even if he is in Buffalo, it doesnt mean he's getting traded to the Bills, lol.

homeslice5484
02-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Cmon Pat, we are counting on you

X-Era
02-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Agreed.

But since I aint got **** to do anyway, Im looking into it and if he's actually in Buffalo, I'll find out.

And BTW, even if he is in Buffalo, it doesnt mean he's getting traded to the Bills, lol.

Totally true. He could be there for some other reason having nothing to do with the Bills.

Zero
02-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Agreed.

I was going to make this exact point. Yes he could be in Buffalo, but it could be totally non-football related.

DraftBoy
02-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Totally true. He could be there for some other reason having nothing to do with the Bills.

Like a recruiting visit on Syracuse's behalf.

JCBills
02-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Why? Because he's better than Trent, Fitz, and Brohm.

Because he's better this year, and next year, than any QB's coming out of this draft.

Because all he has done is win, and knows what it takes to get to the big games.

I wouldn't call him injury prone. I would call him tough. The guy played nearly 3 quarters with a broken ankle 6 years ago. He put his body on the line last year and suffered a few cracked ribs. The guy is a player. He will have us contending, as long as we put a line in front of him.

Started all 16 games only 4 times in the 10 seasons he's entered the year as the starter, and only once in the last 6 seasons.

jaycorp51
02-24-2010, 04:57 PM

If this is true and you want to prove it...I'll PM you with my email address that you can send the picture to and I'll post it on here. I don't feel like waiting until 10pm

X-Era
02-24-2010, 04:57 PM

I was thinking it might of been Cuse related... But why Buffalo instead of Syracuse's airport?

homeslice5484
02-24-2010, 04:59 PM
if he is here, they will use us to get the asking price up and trade him elsewhere.

patmoran2006
02-24-2010, 05:00 PM
he is here.. But he's here to watch his neice play college hoops at UB tonight.

If you cant figure it out by seeing his twitter already, I asked Adam Schefter to make a call.. He did, and twittered it.

JCBills
02-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Not to mention Andy Reid's publicly stated absurdly high asking price.

X-Era
02-24-2010, 05:02 PM

If you cant figure it out by seeing his twitter already, I asked Adam Schefter to make a call.. He did, and twittered it.

Thats pretty much that.

mrbojanglezs
02-24-2010, 05:03 PM
ya he is right, how dumb.

Breaking news: Donovan McNabb is in Buffalo! Unfortunately for the Bills, he's there to watch his niece play a college basketball game.

per schefter's twitter

patmoran2006
02-24-2010, 05:03 PM

Again, since its a new page.

I asked Adam Schefter to find out why he was here, and he did.. In about 3 minutes.

His neice is in town to play UB in women's hoops

(BTW I think Im going to go cover this game now and try to score an interview)

The Spaz
02-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Schefter has turned into a dick since he went to ESPN.

Commissioner
02-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Agreed.

What's your email and I'll send you the pic that my friend just sent to me of him.

My friend said the only thing McNabb said was that he's going to eat at the Cheesecake Factory.

JCBills
02-24-2010, 05:05 PM

That was a close one, now we can put this to bed.

The Spaz
02-24-2010, 05:06 PM

That would be illegal. Not to say it doesn't happen but it is.

jaycorp51
02-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Well your friend was telling the truth apparently...but we now know why he's here.

patmoran2006
02-24-2010, 05:07 PM
What's your email and I'll send you the pic that my friend just sent to me of him.

My friend said the only thing McNabb said was that he's going to eat at the Cheesecake Factory.

pmoran@buffalosportsdaily.com

And I believe you anyway, its confirmed he is here. I also talked to an AD over at UB. He's just not here for the Bills.

But I'd like the pic anyway

BertSquirtgum
02-24-2010, 05:08 PM

why would anybody want a 40 year old brett favre?

X-Era
02-24-2010, 05:10 PM

Hes 40? Man, 7 years flew by fast.

http://www.nfl.com/players/donovanmcnabb/profile?id=MCN017517

patmoran2006
02-24-2010, 05:13 PM
McNabb's neice is Tamika Nurse, a senior guard at Bowling Green who is here in town to play UB tonight,w hich is why McNabb is here.

I just had this confirmed through a UB athletic Admin.

mrbojanglezs
02-24-2010, 05:16 PM
could he be killing two birds w/ one stone. Bills wanted to meet with him, and he knew his niece played here then so why not come here and do 2 things at once? Never know......

patmoran2006
02-24-2010, 05:19 PM
I have a feeling Bills fans are gonna get ****teased with an ESPN report on this VERY soon.

Mudflap1
02-24-2010, 05:21 PM
I was just going to post that the conspiracy theorists are going to start saying that McNabb is using the niece as an excuse and he is really on a reconnaissance mission to scout out Buffalo as a new city/destination/team since he's on the trading block. But mrbojanglez beat me to it!

Other conspiracy theories:

1. McNabb will be seen looking at J.P. Losman's house later with yordad.

2. McNabb will meet Ralph, Russ, Buddy, and Chan at Denny's tomorrow morning for a grand slam breakfast.

3. McNabb and T.O. are going to meet to talk about how they can turn the Bills around.

I love these threads.

tampabay25690
02-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Maybe he is in town for a BEEF ON WECK?????

The Spaz
02-24-2010, 05:22 PM
I have a feeling Bills fans are gonna get ****teased with an ESPN report on this VERY soon.

They already did if they follow Schefter. I just unfollowed him myself.

Mudflap1
02-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Maybe he is in town for a BEEF ON WECK?????

Good one!

Mudflap1
02-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Pat,

Remember when there was the idea to bring Cowher some wings in NYC? Why don't you guys get together and bring Donovan some wings from Anchor Bar!?!?

patmoran2006
02-24-2010, 05:25 PM
if it's any consolation, his neice is kinda hot

mrbojanglezs
02-24-2010, 05:26 PM
he will be at alumni arena soon everyone say come to buffalo lolol

DraftBoy
02-24-2010, 05:26 PM
That would be illegal. Not to say it doesn't happen but it is.

Without a doubt it is illegal, but like you said...

Mudflap1
02-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Somebody wake up Buddy and Ralph! There's a Pro Bowl, professional football player in town!!!

(Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with the Buffalo Bills, as usual)

mrbojanglezs
02-24-2010, 05:27 PM
if it's any consolation, his neice is kinda hot
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Km1J1VrtJ-4/SRrhzyhHh_I/AAAAAAAAADI/I-sZCuyKA-Q/s200/Tamika.jpg

Coach Sal
02-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Good work, Pat.

This is Tamika's bio page. It clearly states she is McNabb's niece at the very bottom:

http://www.bgsufalcons.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2277&path=wbball

The Spaz
02-24-2010, 05:35 PM
She has talent...:hump:

YardRat
02-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Sorry to 'hit and run', didn't mean to start a ****-storm. Heard it on the radio on the way home from work, and had just enough time to post it before heading out again.

Thanks to pat for confirming that he is here, and it's nice to know the reason why even if it doesn't have anything to do with the Bills.

DraftBoy
02-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Props to Yardie for nailing this!

Philagape
02-24-2010, 05:49 PM
Not that it wasn't the right thing to report this, but the downside is that all future "I saw ______ at the airport!!!" rumors can use this for co-opted credibility. :ill:

Yasgur's Farm
02-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Props to Yardie for nailing this!Second.

drmoyer421
02-24-2010, 06:11 PM
I normally post at the BBMB as Lee_Evans_Fan. But back at the end of Jan. I posted that I know someone that works at S&S limo who knows that the Bills had contacted their limo company to pick up McNabb and bring him to 1 Bills Drive and take him where ever in Buffalo for the day. Days later there were rumors that came about that McNabb was being shopped.. which subsided presently.

This doesnt seem to be the same trip, but it seems very coicidental that he is watching his neice in Buffalo out of all the games she plays through these last couple weeks he has had off.

patmoran2006
02-24-2010, 06:16 PM
It's my understanding he's been to a handful of her games already this year.

She's a senior.

Scumbag College
02-24-2010, 06:19 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Km1J1VrtJ-4/SRrhzyhHh_I/AAAAAAAAADI/I-sZCuyKA-Q/s200/Tamika.jpg

That pic is the most interesting thing about this thread.

Dicknoze69
02-24-2010, 06:42 PM
I'd wager that most of the Bills brain trust is in Indy right now for the combine. So I think it's very unlikely they'd even pick today to bring someone in.

BertSquirtgum
02-24-2010, 07:03 PM

Hes 40? Man, 7 years flew by fast.

http://www.nfl.com/players/donovanmcnabb/profile?id=MCN017517
are you dumb? i never said mcnabb was 40. this guy said mcnabb was on the tail end and i was saying if mcnabb is the tail end of his career then where was favre? look at what he did at 40 and mcnabb is only 33.

Mudflap1
02-24-2010, 07:04 PM
I normally post at the BBMB as Lee_Evans_Fan. But back at the end of Jan. I posted that I know someone that works at S&S limo who knows that the Bills had contacted their limo company to pick up McNabb and bring him to 1 Bills Drive and take him where ever in Buffalo for the day. Days later there were rumors that came about that McNabb was being shopped.. which subsided presently.

This doesnt seem to be the same trip, but it seems very coicidental that he is watching his neice in Buffalo out of all the games she plays through these last couple weeks he has had off.

He supposedly rented a car at Avis.

X-Era
02-24-2010, 08:10 PM

are you dumb? i never said mcnabb was 40. this guy said mcnabb was on the tail end and i was saying if mcnabb is the tail end of his career then where was favre? look at what he did at 40 and mcnabb is only 33.

Well, you've got balls, Ill give you that.

Nope, I guess I am dumb because I didnt catch what you meant.

hydro
02-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Well, you've got balls, Ill give you that.

Nope, I guess I am dumb because I didnt catch what you meant.

Gotta say I am right with you there. Didn't catch it either. The sarcasm was too strong in that post.

BertSquirtgum
02-24-2010, 08:42 PM
my bad. i fail to realize i'm on the internet here. i just type what pops into my head.

patmoran2006
02-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Since I know this is the big news you've all been waiting for.

Tamika Nurse finished with a team-high 20 points for Bowling Green as they defeated UB at Alumni Arena. She added four assists

BertSquirtgum
02-24-2010, 09:23 PM
good. now donovon can have a sit down with buddy and ralph.

patmoran2006
02-24-2010, 09:34 PM
good. now donovon can have a sit down with buddy and ralph.

he'll have to go to Indy to have a sitdown with Buddy.

JCBills
02-24-2010, 09:36 PM

Brett Favre hasn't missed a start since 1992.

I can't believe he was even brought into the conversation.

BertSquirtgum
02-24-2010, 10:23 PM
i can't believe you don't think donovon still has gas left in the tank. very dumb

JCBills
02-24-2010, 10:35 PM
i can't believe you don't think donovon still has gas left in the tank. very dumb

I didn't say that, please don't put words in my mouth, I just don't want him, for you to make that statement followed by an insult is.....I'd prefer not to resort to insults so quickly like some.

Nothing I said isn't true either, he's an injury prone QB on the back end of his career. Pair that with Philly's asking price?

BertSquirtgum
02-24-2010, 10:41 PM
i don't know what the asking price is but if it's not too high he's worth the risk, IMO. he has more talent in his finger nails than all the qb's put together on the current roster. that being said. mcnabb coming here will never happen so we might as well stop arguing.

TigerJ
02-24-2010, 10:45 PM
A trade cannot occur till after FA starts correct?Even if they can't dot the "i"s and cross the "t"s until after free agency starts, there is nothing to prevent teams from doing the negotiating beforehand, and if a player is open to being traded, there's nothing to prevent him from being in on it too.

clumping platelets
02-24-2010, 11:08 PM
I'd wager that most of the Bills brain trust is in Indy right now for the combine. So I think it's very unlikely they'd even pick today to bring someone in.

One of the most sensible things I've read in this thread!

clumping platelets
02-24-2010, 11:12 PM
I would trade for McNabb in a hillbilly heartbeat. He would be to the Bills what Drew Brees was to the Saints. It would help immensely in the FA recruiting effort and future viability of the Bills in WNY.

jamesiscool
02-24-2010, 11:48 PM
sooo i was at the cheesecake factory at the galleria mall in buffalo, sitting across the aisle from donovan mcnabb, he got up to put his jacket on, i said welcome to buffalo and asked him if he was going to be here for a prolonged stay to which he replied "just checking it out".
very very nice guy.

The Natrix
02-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Funny, because I was at the cheesecake factory and all Donovan could do is laugh when I asked him if he wanted to come to Buffalo.

Luisito23
02-25-2010, 06:38 AM
If I was at the cheesecake factory, the last thing on my mind would be Donovan McNabb...:drool:

HHURRICANE
02-25-2010, 08:01 AM
McNabb, Cowher, and Jeremy Jacobs were all on the same plane.

Dying_-2-_Live
02-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Im in school right now and the teacher just told me that he got a pic message from one of his friends. Donovan at the cheesecake factory. And he supposedly told his waitress he was talking to the Bills today.

Beebe's Kid
02-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Sounds like McNabb had trouble enjoying his visit to the Cheesecake Factory.

These threads are great. When there is absolutely nothing going on, at least they add to the excitement. Yard...good call on this one. The ****-storm was fun.

JCBills
02-25-2010, 12:17 PM
i don't know what the asking price is but if it's not too high he's worth the risk, IMO. he has more talent in his finger nails than all the qb's put together on the current roster. that being said. mcnabb coming here will never happen so we might as well stop arguing.

Two 1st round picks.

Mudflap1
02-25-2010, 01:38 PM
So one poster said Donovan laughed when asked about the Bills, and one poster said that he is going to see the Bills today?

I'll believe... neither! But I would certainly believe the laughing version first, since the Bills are probably all in Indy for the combine.

The Natrix
02-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Haha for the record, my previous post was completely made up. I'm only ever in Buffalo for Bills games. There's nothing much else to do there.

better days
02-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Haha for the record, my previous post was completely made up. I'm only ever in Buffalo for Bills games. There's nothing much else to do there.

There is plenty to do in Buffalo, you just don't know about them all because you only go there for Bills games.

JCBills
02-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Orchard Park is a great place to grow up though, great town, nothing but good memories.

Bert102176
02-26-2010, 04:28 AM
even though a trade cannot occur till March 5th I believe the two teams can be in nigotiations and he could be here checking things out, but I'll believe it when and if it happens.