PDA

View Full Version : Gailey to speak with the media at 10:45

patmoran2006
02-25-2010, 08:13 AM
http://www.wgr550.com/LIVE-at-the-NFL-Combine--Gailey-to-Speak-at-10-45/6443268

I'm sure it's nothing news-wise of note, but he hasn't spoken publicly often so I'd like to hear what he has to say.

T-Long
02-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Is the guy just giving updates or will it be an audio stream?

madness
02-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Is the guy just giving updates or will it be an audio stream?

8:57: Just found out Chan Gailey will be addressing the media at a podium at 10:45 today. I'll keep you updated with all the things he says.

Raptor
02-25-2010, 08:43 AM
All 32 coaches have to be available to the media at least once during the combine so I'm sure its not going to be anything groundbreaking

YardRat
02-25-2010, 08:51 AM
"Ya'll can reckon that we're still we're kickin' up here, even though the news has been slower than a 400 lb hog draggin' his balls through a mudslide."

mrbojanglezs
02-25-2010, 09:12 AM
think he will tell us how the qb situation stands now that he looked them over, proll not

Mahdi
02-25-2010, 09:46 AM
think he will tell us how the qb situation stands now that he looked them over, proll not
"Well, ah reviewed the tape, and, well, that Edwards boy pretty much sucks."

Night Train
02-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Nix won't let it start until the banjo player arrives.

patmoran2006
02-25-2010, 10:11 AM
A report coming on WGR but the guy said from the way Gailey spoke, it doesnt sound like Lynch is going anywhere anytime soon.

Billz_fan
02-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I can see the plan for the combine now. Gailey and Nix throw a couple cases of whiskey in the trunk of the car and take off for the combime. Every few minutes out on the interstate you can hear, yeeeeeeeeeeeeee haawwwwwwwwwwwwww !

justasportsfan
02-25-2010, 10:13 AM
"Mcnabb didn't tip his waiter"

WeAreArthurMoates
02-25-2010, 10:17 AM
A report coming on WGR but the guy said from the way Gailey spoke, it doesnt sound like Lynch is going anywhere anytime soon.

And this is exactly what I thought. Gailey loves the powerhorse backs.

madness
02-25-2010, 10:23 AM
And this is exactly what I thought. Gailey loves the powerhorse backs.
I'm excited to see how our running game improves. If there is one coach who knows how to get the most out of his backs, it's Gailey.

Ebenezer
02-25-2010, 10:32 AM

why should he...he is under contract and cheap.

Pinkerton Security
02-25-2010, 10:41 AM
what exactly was said at this presser? Im assuming it was just basic BS because there wasnt any announcement about it on the Bills site or a text or anything...anyone that listened wanna recap it here?

Ron Burgundy
02-25-2010, 10:47 AM
"Ya'll can reckon that we're still we're kickin' up here, even though the news has been slower than a 400 lb hog draggin' his balls through a mudslide."

You make me sad.

ghz in pittsburgh
02-25-2010, 10:58 AM
http://www.wgr550.com/pages/6444269.php

k-oneputt
02-25-2010, 10:59 AM
-strong nucleus o-line but need tackles through draft/fa.
-if schobel returns will be a olb

evdawg419
02-25-2010, 11:05 AM
- Gailey spoke glowingly of Kyle Williams, saying that they'll find a place for him on the field.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/6444269.php

I don't know if that means he is staying or that he is trying to improve trade value. Who knows.

EDS
02-25-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm excited to see how our running game improves. If there is one coach who knows how to get the most of his backs, it's Gailey.

How so?

ZAZusmc03
02-25-2010, 11:29 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/02/25/gailey-mum-about-bills-qb-situation/

During his Thursday news conference at the NFL Scouting Combine, Gailey wouldn’t address reports that the Bills might be interested in adding a veteran quarterback.
“I’m going to sidestep that,” he said, drawing light laughter from the assembled media.

Gailey spoke highly of Marshawn Lynch, who has been mentioned in trade rumors, and said he believes NFL teams need two quality running backs to be successful. Lynch lost some carries to Fred Jackson, who just posted his first 1,000-yard season.

djjimkelly
02-25-2010, 11:33 AM

well he is the best running back on the roster

i know most will think im picking a fight but this last coaching staff was clueless on many front what makes people think they handled lynch and the rb situation perfectly.

he is the more talented guy

hell if u watched any of his college tape he was spread in slot and so on not once have we seen any of this.

on draft day they were comparing him to a marshall faulk or thurman style of play not once was he used like that under jauron.

big deal hes had some run ins with the law most people in society have also doesnt mean they cant do their job properly

Cleve
02-25-2010, 11:37 AM
"Most people have had run ins with the law"? Shouldn't that be rephrased to state "Most CRIMINALS have had run ins with the law"?

The overwhelming majority of productive, law-abiding Americans have had no 'run ins' with the law whatsoever.

djjimkelly
02-25-2010, 11:42 AM
"Most people have had run ins with the law"? Shouldn't that be rephrased to state "Most CRIMINALS have had run ins with the law"?

The overwhelming majority of productive, law-abiding Americans have had no 'run ins' with the law whatsoever.

so you yourself have never had a speeding ticket a minor accident never drank a little too much and caused a scene,fight or so on. j walked the list could continue. im not even going towards any domestic disputes.

like i said most people have had some sort of run in with the law.

just most people wont admit it.

and honestly if u havent had some minor run in with the law maybe your not living.

rules are made to be broken. now broken to what extent is a question or morals and so on.

but we have all crossed the line many times in some sort or another stop acting holier then thou

Cleve
02-25-2010, 11:57 AM
I draw a distinction between a parking ticket and the reckless and wanton law-breaking of someone like a Marshawn Lynch. That's because I'm a decidedly reasonable and analytical sort of person.

madness
02-25-2010, 12:31 PM
How so?

He's a rare breed in that he's all about the running game and has been successful in that area almost everywhere he went. Emmitt Smith even gave Gailey credit for making him a better RB at the end of his career.

"... I can remember Bill Parcells telling me one time, he said, 'You interview all those offensive coordinators and deep down, they all just want to throw it every down, but they'll tell you what you want (to hear) when you're interviewing them. There are very few that really want to run the ball. Well, Chan is one who will run the football."

In seven of his nine years as a head coach or coordinator, Gailey had running <nobr style="color: darkgreen; font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; font-family: Arial,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif;" id="itxt_nobr_15_0">backshttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif</nobr> (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20100121/SPORTS03/1210342/Buffalo-Bills-hope-Chan-Gailey-is-solution-on-offense#) who surpassed 1,000 yards. Bobby Humphrey did it twice for Denver, Jerome Bettis enjoyed the two best years of his career (1,431 yards in 1996 and 1,655 in '97), and Emmitt Smith had back-to-back totals of more than 1,300 yards when Gailey was head coach in Dallas in 1998 and '99."I think he's been so successful because he hasn't tried to force feed a system to a player," Bettis said.
"What he does is he understands and recognizes the talent that he has and he builds an offense around that talent with some understanding that there's going to be key components in terms of you've got to run the football and those kinds of things."
Dallas ranked eighth and sixth in rushing yards the two years Gailey was head coach. As a coordinator, Gailey's Broncos were sixth and 14th, Pittsburgh was second and first, Miami was 14th and 23rd, and the woeful 2-14 Chiefs of 2008 were 16th, but they ranked tied for second in yards per attempt at 4.8.

EDS
02-25-2010, 01:20 PM
He's a rare breed in that he's all about the running game and has been successful in that area almost everywhere he went. Emmitt Smith even gave Gailey credit for making him a better RB at the end of his career.

Thanks.

He has had some nice backs to work with - Emmitt Smith, Jerome Bettis, Larry Johnson, Bobby Humphrey.

djjimkelly
02-25-2010, 01:23 PM
I draw a distinction between a parking ticket and the reckless and wanton law-breaking of someone like a Marshawn Lynch. That's because I'm a decidedly reasonable and analytical sort of person.

as am i and to my knowledge none of his offenses required him to do any jail time.

so............ once again i dont think hes a bad seed of any sort hes just a young guy whos made a couple improper decisions none of which have been life altering

BillsWin
02-25-2010, 01:39 PM
The only problem Lynch has had that I have had problems with is the allegations of him stealing $20 from two separate people on two separate accounts.

From what the people have said in the articles about the incident, the way he does it is just ridiculous.

The unloaded gun locked in a trunk was stupid.

Smoking pot is laughable.

But the $20 thing makes you scratch your head.

Beebe's Kid
02-25-2010, 04:12 PM
"Mcnabb didn't tip his waiter"

That no good scum bag, piece of ****!!! We should trade him for a 17th round pick, or a damaged can of Spam!!! He is dragging down the city, and I can't take him on this team any more!!

....oh wait!! That was the one for people already on the team... This guy is a major piece of ****!! I am tired of these football players that think they can just do whatever they want!! If he comes here, I am putting on my John Fina jersey and driving, pantless, to the Falls and throwing my fan card over!!!

Beebe's Kid
02-25-2010, 04:38 PM
The only problem Lynch has had that I have had problems with is the allegations of him stealing $20 from two separate people on two separate accounts.

From what the people have said in the articles about the incident, the way he does it is just ridiculous.

The unloaded gun locked in a trunk was stupid.

Smoking pot is laughable.

But the $20 thing makes you scratch your head.

B-Dubya,

Didn't it come out that the cop was upset because his wife gave her number to Marshawn on the $20? I seem to remember something to that effect after the incident, however that was back page material.

Also, the guy in the mall was asking him for his autograph for his bachelor party. Couple issues... This isn't a kid, it is an adult, in essence harrassing another adult in the food court at the mall. Lynch wasn't there to sign autographs, he was there to enjoy some cheap over-priced food. The part that was left out was whether or not this guy was already smashed when he approached him? It may just be Lynch is an *******, but there we have heard one half of the story.

Oh yeah, my favorite part about "the bachelor" was when his fiance approached Lynch at the bar later that night and wanted the $ back... Everybody loves some smashed broad in their face. i am sure that was a comical scene.

Again, I am not his apologist, but there are always two sides to every story.