PDA

View Full Version : Random News that Affects Bills

DraftBoy
02-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Saints | Tender offer to Bushrod
Comment (0)
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 07:29:19 -0800

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports the New Orleans Saints have tendered restricted free-agent OT Jermon Bushrod a second-round tender.
-------------
Steelers | Hampton agrees to terms
Comment (0)
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 07:08:34 -0800

KDKA.com reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have agreed to terms with impending free-agent DT Casey Hampton on a three-year deal worth $21 million, according to a source. The deal includes $11 million in guarantees.
------------------
49ers | Singletary comfortable with Smith as starter
Comment (0)
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 07:27:17 -0800

Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers head coach Mike Singletary said he is comfortable saying that QB Alex D. Smith will be the team's starter next season.

T-Long
02-25-2010, 11:25 AM
The Bills need to go after Bushrod then if it's only a 2nd round tender.

Buddo
02-25-2010, 11:32 AM
That's quite interesting. Bushrod only tendered at the 2nd pick level. We could go OT in the first, sign Bushrod for our 2nd, and have the O-Line sorted.
I'm surprised, to an extent, that they didn't go for the 1st round pick level tender, as there's not that much difference in it when it comes to $.
It almost seems as though they are prepared to move him, as a 2nd is decent market value, when there's quite a lot of good possibilities in the draft. A first would be the level that frightens people off, imho.
In certain respects, I'm glad Hampton has done a deal, as it simplifies matters immediately. It wasn't likely to happen anyway, but now it's just another guy crossed off the 'pie in the sky' list for FA.

ZAZusmc03
02-25-2010, 11:33 AM

I agree 100%. Take him with our 2nd and we can focus on Defense with our 1st pick.

DraftBoy
02-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I agree 100%. Take him with our 2nd and we can focus on Defense with our 1st pick.

Id actually offer them a 3rd and conditional 3rd next year.

Trade down in Round 2 and pick up an extra 3rd. I dont want to lose draft picks in this draft, if anything I want to gain draft picks.

ZAZusmc03
02-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Id actually offer them a 3rd and conditional 3rd next year.

Trade down in Round 2 and pick up an extra 3rd. I dont want to lose draft picks in this draft, if anything I want to gain draft picks.

That would be a perfect deal. I would be extremely happy with that if we could make it happen. I really would like to have more draft picks too, that way Nix can work his magic in the draft. The more picks, the faster we are going to get better.

DraftBoy
02-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Some more stuff...
Rams | Barron expected to receive tender offer
Comment (0)
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:26:37 -0800

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams are expected to tender a first-round and third-round offer to restricted free-agent OT Alex Barron. The tender would be worth $2.73 million.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rams | Atogwe expected to receive tender offer
Comment (0)
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:14:38 -0800

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams are expected to tender a first-round and third-round offer to restricted free-agent FS Oshiomogho Atogwe. The tender would be
Giants | Cofield tendered offer
Comment (0)
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:26:27 -0800

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Giants have tendered restricted free-agent DT Barry Cofield a second-round offer. The offer is a one-year deal worth $1.759 million.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bengals | Tender offer to Jeanty
Comment (0)
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:05:40 -0800

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports the Cincinnati Bengals have tendered restricted free-agent LB Rashad Jeanty a low offer. The Bengals would not receive any compensation if Jeanty signs with another team.
Seahawks | Looks like Burleson will test free agency
Comment (0)
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:39:44 -0800

Mike Sando, of ESPN.com, reports it appears the Seattle Seahawks will allow impending free-agent WR Nate Burleson to test free agency.

Giants | Wilkinson tendered offer
Comment (0)
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:18:44 -0800

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Giants have tendered restricted free-agent LB Gerris Wilkinson an original pick offer, which is a one-year deal worth $1.176 million. The Giants would receive a third-round draft choice if he signs with another team.

Giants | Whimper tendered offer
Comment (0)
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:06:17 -0800

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Giants have tendered restricted free-agent OL Guy Whimper an original pick offer, which is a one-year deal worth $1.176 million. The Giants would receive a fourth-round draft choice if he signs with another team.

!Papacrunk!
02-25-2010, 06:31 PM
So has anyone found that tree that NTs grow on?

Scumbag College
02-25-2010, 06:38 PM

I saw a bunch of folks that look like Nose Tackles the last time I was in an Arby's.

djjimkelly
02-25-2010, 07:22 PM

no the bills need to wait till close to the draft and then offer a 3rd or a 4th for him.

the saints wont want to pay what they will have to pay for him with that 2nd round tender.

this move by the saints just guarantees they will get something in return for him

Goobylal
02-26-2010, 06:42 AM
Yep. It's called the draft.

Night Train
02-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Chances of the Bills selecting a NT within the 1st 3 Rounds of the Draft..

100 %

The Jokeman
02-26-2010, 12:48 PM
That's quite interesting. Bushrod only tendered at the 2nd pick level. We could go OT in the first, sign Bushrod for our 2nd, and have the O-Line sorted.
I'm surprised, to an extent, that they didn't go for the 1st round pick level tender, as there's not that much difference in it when it comes to $.
It almost seems as though they are prepared to move him, as a 2nd is decent market value, when there's quite a lot of good possibilities in the draft. A first would be the level that frightens people off, imho.

Why the love for Bushrod? He only started last year because Jamaal Brown got hurt and his numbers weren't that great. As he gave up 7.50 sacks in 14 starts last year. I get that he started for the Super Bowl champion Saints but look closer and he isn't that great a player. Yet to me he falls in line with guys like Larry Tripplett, Robert Royal, Craig Nall ie guys who were backups with their teams and good in spot situations but likely not really starting material.

Jersey1031
02-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Random News that Affects Bills

Effects**?

hah