PDA

View Full Version : PFT and LaCanfora confirm Campbell/Whitner rumor.

Mahdi
02-25-2010, 01:10 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/25/rumors-swirl-of-jason-campbell-trade/

historypete
02-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Wait a second, we are going to get Campbell and in return Washington will receive Whitner AND a draft pick? We need to increase the number of our picks not give them away to pick an inconsistent QB who will be going into his 6th offensive system in 5 years. I'm all for trading Whitner, but don't give me Campbell and DON'T give up one of our picks in the process.

THATHURMANATOR
02-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Wait a second, we are going to get Campbell and in return Washington will receive Whitner AND a draft pick? We need to increase the number of our picks not give them away to pick an inconsistent QB who will be going into his 6th offensive system in 5 years. I'm all for trading Whitner, but don't give me Campbell and DON'T give up one of our picks in the process.
What if it were a 7th?

madness
02-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Pull the trigger! Campbell would instantly solidify the QB position. We'd get a QB who has improved statistically every single year despite losing practically the half starting offense to injuries last year (3 OL, 2 RB, and TE). We're not going to win on his arm alone but with Gailey running the show, we won't have to.

M
02-25-2010, 01:32 PM
The rumor isn't actually likely to come to fruition, and the Redskins are indicating publicly that they plan to bring Campbell back. Still, Reid writes that he wouldn't be surprised if Campbell isn't back with the Redskins in 2010.

YardRat
02-25-2010, 01:43 PM
NO trading picks...

ChanGailey
02-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Soooo....they confirmed that a rumor is in fact a rumor?

Yes, ladies and gentlement that fragmented light is indeed a rainbow. You aren't imagining that.

And BTW, why the hell would we want Campbell? The dude has been through too much. He's never, EVER played well. Why the hell do we want him?

I'd rather have Trent than f'n Campbell.

mrbojanglezs
02-25-2010, 01:50 PM
nothing is confirmed except that it is still a rumor and a unlikely one at that

k-oneputt
02-25-2010, 01:51 PM
They want him because he has good garbage stats. What is is won/lose record ?
And we have to give up a pick ?

He will be cut as soon as Shanahan takes a qb with his draft pick.

dannyek71
02-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Why all the hate for Donte? He was not worth the 8th pick by any means, but our run D is always better with him in there.

Pinkerton Security
02-25-2010, 02:20 PM
My friend just confirmed that his Whitner for Peyton Manning rumor was in fact a rumor....

this article doesnt mean anything whatsoever.

better days
02-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Why all the hate for Donte? He was not worth the 8th pick by any means, but our run D is always better with him in there.

The hate for Donte is because he was the #8 pick. The Bills could have done SO MUCH better than him at #8. That & the fact that he represents what Jauron was all about so the hate for Dick spills over to him.

THATHURMANATOR
02-25-2010, 02:25 PM
I'd rather have Trent than f'n Campbell.
Really Why?

Campbell has had a lot more success in this league than Trent.

IMO Campbell is about as good as we are going to do in regards to veteran players.

Pinkerton Security
02-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Really Why?

Campbell has had a lot more success in this league than Trent.

IMO Campbell is about as good as we are going to do in regards to veteran players.

Campbell had 3600 yards, 64 percent comp. %, 20 TDs, 15 INT's and a 86 QB rating (and had a somewhat similar year in 2008). When JP had a season with those numbers, we were all ready to anoint him the next Jimbo, but when its someone else's QB, we for some reason dont want him.

I will go ahead and say I was anti-Campbell at first but after taking a look at what he did this year, I am really hoping we get this guy.

better days
02-25-2010, 02:36 PM
What if it were a 7th?

I would throw in a 7th this year or a 6th next year that could turn into a 4th if he wins a playoff game for the Bills.

k-oneputt
02-25-2010, 02:38 PM
If he's so good then why is Wash. trying to get rid of him so bad ??????

Dujek
02-25-2010, 02:40 PM

Because he's not a West Coast guy, and that is what the 'Skins will be running.

better days
02-25-2010, 02:41 PM

Because he is not a WC type QB & does not fit with Shannahan.

patmoran2006

Ive actually heard quite the opposite.

Shanahan has given him some good reviews.

What I'm thinking is that he probably wants to start fresh with his own QB, thats not uncommon.

I'm not going to rush out to buy playoff tickets if we get Campbell, but since I think the alternative via FA is Pennington, I'd rather have Campbell.

and I truly think Whitner is overated. I dont even think he's one of the best three safeties on this TEAM let alone division.

Philagape

So without him they're worse than last?

Dicknoze69
02-25-2010, 02:43 PM

Shanahan runs a West Coast system that doesn't play to Campbells strengths. Additionally, the QB of any team that underperforms naturally gets blamed for it, it's what happens in the NFL. No one is saying that Campbell is Manning or Brees, but he's certainly not Trent/Fitz. Moreover, Campbell is likely the best realistic veteran QB available, unless you're interested in Pennington.

Also, there's the very real possibility that the Redskins have no desire to get rid of Campbell and instead feel like he's a strong part of their future. Therefore, these rumors may just be rumors.

k-oneputt
02-25-2010, 02:50 PM
No i'm not interested in either Penn. or Camp.
Of Course shan. is talking him up, he's trying to trade him.
so Camp. can't be the stop-gap for shann's new qb ?
You don't dump qb's that can win in the league. shann. can't wait to dump him for next to nothing.
sorry, unlike most here I can't get excited by a NFL loser like Campbell.

Dicknoze69
02-25-2010, 02:51 PM
You don't dump qb's that can win in the league. shann. can't wait to dump him for next to nothing.

Well if you're not interested in Campbell or Pennington you must not be interested in upgrading the game's most important position with a veteran.

better days
02-25-2010, 03:17 PM

I doubt many people will be setting off fireworks if the Bills get Campbell. He would still be an upgrade over anything the Bills have now, & if they can get him cheap I say hell yeah.

THATHURMANATOR
02-25-2010, 03:23 PM
I doubt many people will be setting off fireworks if the Bills get Campbell. He would still be an upgrade over anything the Bills have now, & if they can get him cheap I say hell yeah.
It really is a no brainer. Whitner is not needed anyways.

Buffalogic
02-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Giving a pick + a player for Campbell? No thanks. Keep it to Whitner then whatever, still not going to save us.

X-Era
02-25-2010, 04:31 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/25/rumors-swirl-of-jason-campbell-trade/

:puke:

Ickybaluky
02-26-2010, 08:04 AM
The Redskins are shooting down the rumor:

LINK (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/11396/shooting-down-a-campbell-rumor)

Kind of makes sense. Campbell is still a young QB with a lot of potential, and probably has a lot more value than Donte Whitner. I still see him as an odd fit for Shanahan's offense, but he is a pretty smart coach and may modify his offense to better suit Campbell's strengths. Then he can draft a QB and not have to play him right away.

buffalobillsfan95
02-26-2010, 08:36 AM
do you remember a thread awile back saying that whitner told a girl that he was being traded to washington. I think he was right

Thurmal
02-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Campbell sucks, I want no part of him whatsoever. The guy has led the offense in DC over 30 pts. one time (85% sure) in his ENTIRE CAREER.

The one time the Skins made the playoffs in the last several years is due to Campbell getting injured and Todd Freaking Collins coming off the bench to win four straight.

Syderick
02-26-2010, 12:46 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/02/26/redskins-to-tender-qb-campbell-next-week/