• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChanGailey
    Veteran Zoner
    • Jan 2010

Serious Question

WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANY OF YOU WANT JASON F'N CAMPBELL AS QB?!?!?

The dude sucks.

He crumbles under pressure. Plays lousy in big games. Doesn't have a great arm. Isn't overly mobile. And let's face it - If he was any good Washington sure as all HELL wouldn't trade him!

Even if he were free, it's just more of the same BS at QB. I'd rather give Brohm a shot. God knows we're only going to win 4 games anyway.

Campbell or not.
  • ChanGailey
    Veteran Zoner
    • Jan 2010

Re: Serious Question

No replies? How about the fact that he's a fumble factory! 13 in 2 of the last 3 seasons.

To give you a good idea, Brett Favre has 147 in 20 years!!!

Get ready to watch JP Losman Part III if Campbell is our new scrub--I mean QB.

Honestly I'd rather have JP.

Comment

• JCBills
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ChanGailey
      No replies? How about the fact that he's a fumble factory! 13 in 2 of the last 3 seasons.

To give you a good idea, Brett Favre has 147 in 20 years!!!

Get ready to watch JP Losman Part III if Campbell is our new scrub--I mean QB.

Honestly I'd rather have JP.
      His OL has been just as bad if not worse than ours. Yeah he doesn't have the surest grip, but a lot of that can be attributed to terrible OL play.

Mike Williams started 8 games, if that doesn't say something.....

Comment

• T-Long
        Circling the Wagons since 1982.
        • Sep 2003

I don't see Campbell being a fit in Buffalo. If you remember Nix's comment about his preference of a QB, he wants a big arm. Although Cambell can throw the rock, the problem is his delivery/windup is way too long, especially with the OL that we have assembled.

Comment

• Prov401
          President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
          • Aug 2008

He's better than Fitz, Edwards, Brohm, and any QB coming out of this draft.

He's been under 4, count them, 4 different offensive coordinators ever since he's been in the NFL, going on his 5th whether he stays with the Skins or not. He has steadily progressed every single year in the NFL. Look up the completion %, yards, QB ratings etc. He's never had a sure number 1 receiver in his life. He's never had a good O-Line. If we put a line in front of him, he has the arm it takes to play in Buffalo.

Comment

• tampabay25690
            • Feb 2004

I like Campbell.
            He is young and the guy needs a change of scenary, I think Chan can work with this guy and I would be fine with us getting him as our QB...
            GO Gators!!!!!!
            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• JCBills
              • Jan 2010

I will say the trade rumor is pretty absurd considering it's Feb.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
                He's better than Fitz, Edwards, Brohm, and any QB coming out of this draft.

He's been under 4, count them, 4 different offensive coordinators ever since he's been in the NFL, going on his 5th whether he stays with the Skins or not. He has steadily progressed every single year in the NFL. Look up the completion %, yards, QB ratings etc. He's never had a sure number 1 receiver in his life. He's never had a good O-Line. If we put a line in front of him, he has the arm it takes to play in Buffalo.
                Sounds pretty similiar to the situation that Losman and Edwards had to deal with. Just saying.

I would actually try to re-hab edwards before campbell.

Comment

• BillsWin
                  man amongst boys
                  • Oct 2008

His accuracy has improved each season he has been in the league. He has never had a season where he's thrown for more interceptions than touchdowns. He has improved his yards per attempt each season too. He has improved his touchdown total each season as well. His growth has been slow, but the proof is in the numbers. He has grown as a QB.

not saying I want him, but there is potential for him to peak in Buffalo with protection and a solid running game.
                  I am The Batman.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
                    His accuracy has improved each season he has been in the league. He has never had a season where he's thrown for more interceptions than touchdowns. He has improved his yards per attempt each season too. He has improved his touchdown total each season as well. His growth has been slow, but the proof is in the numbers. He has grown as a QB.

not saying I want him, but there is potential for him to peak in Buffalo with protection and a solid running game.
                    With you on this assesment.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

1- He's a lot better than any current QB on the roster and QB is an important position.

2- He's probably the most REALISTIC veteran QB we can get our hands on.. McNabb is completely unrealistic to me.

3- It is possible that our scouting department is not high on any of the Level 2 QB's coming in this year's draft.

So based on those, we could do worse than Campbell, and as far as Whitner, I think Wilson and Scott at the very least are as good as him anyway.

Nothing lost

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

I'll paste the same response I posted in another thread:

Campbell had 3600 yards, 64 percent comp. %, 20 TDs, 15 INT's and a 86 QB rating (and had a somewhat similar year in 2008). When JP had a season with those numbers, we were all ready to anoint him the next Jimbo, but when its someone else's QB, we for some reason dont want him.

I will go ahead and say I was anti-Campbell at first but after taking a look at what he did this year, I am really hoping we get this guy.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                          • Jun 2009

And they are willing to trade their starting qb, with all these great stats, for a marginal safety ? OK.

Comment

• Prov401
                            President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                            Sounds pretty similiar to the situation that Losman and Edwards had to deal with. Just saying.

I would actually try to re-hab edwards before campbell.
                            No it doesn't sound like it. Just saying.

When have Losman or Edwards steadily improved? They just get suckier. Losman throws balls into the ground, and Edwards is a scared tap dancer who gets flicked in the head and gets concussions.

Cambell >>>>>>>>>>>> Losman
                            Cambell >>>> Edwards

He's an upgrade. Just saying.
                            Last edited by Prov401; 02-25-2010, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                              And they are willing to trade their starting qb, with all these great stats, for a marginal safety ? OK.
                              My man, if you look at say a list of new head coaches over the past 10 years in the league, I'd say a high percentage of them start anew with a different QB they get in either the draft or FA.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X