PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question

ChanGailey
02-25-2010, 01:50 PM
WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANY OF YOU WANT JASON F'N CAMPBELL AS QB?!?!?

The dude sucks.

He crumbles under pressure. Plays lousy in big games. Doesn't have a great arm. Isn't overly mobile. And let's face it - If he was any good Washington sure as all HELL wouldn't trade him!

Even if he were free, it's just more of the same BS at QB. I'd rather give Brohm a shot. God knows we're only going to win 4 games anyway.

Campbell or not.

ChanGailey
02-25-2010, 01:55 PM
No replies? How about the fact that he's a fumble factory! 13 in 2 of the last 3 seasons.

To give you a good idea, Brett Favre has 147 in 20 years!!!

Get ready to watch JP Losman Part III if Campbell is our new scrub--I mean QB.

Honestly I'd rather have JP.

JCBills
02-25-2010, 01:58 PM
No replies? How about the fact that he's a fumble factory! 13 in 2 of the last 3 seasons.

To give you a good idea, Brett Favre has 147 in 20 years!!!

Get ready to watch JP Losman Part III if Campbell is our new scrub--I mean QB.

Honestly I'd rather have JP.

His OL has been just as bad if not worse than ours. Yeah he doesn't have the surest grip, but a lot of that can be attributed to terrible OL play.

Mike Williams started 8 games, if that doesn't say something.....

T-Long
02-25-2010, 02:01 PM
I don't see Campbell being a fit in Buffalo. If you remember Nix's comment about his preference of a QB, he wants a big arm. Although Cambell can throw the rock, the problem is his delivery/windup is way too long, especially with the OL that we have assembled.

Prov401
02-25-2010, 02:04 PM
He's better than Fitz, Edwards, Brohm, and any QB coming out of this draft.

He's been under 4, count them, 4 different offensive coordinators ever since he's been in the NFL, going on his 5th whether he stays with the Skins or not. He has steadily progressed every single year in the NFL. Look up the completion %, yards, QB ratings etc. He's never had a sure number 1 receiver in his life. He's never had a good O-Line. If we put a line in front of him, he has the arm it takes to play in Buffalo.

tampabay25690
02-25-2010, 02:04 PM
I like Campbell.
He is young and the guy needs a change of scenary, I think Chan can work with this guy and I would be fine with us getting him as our QB...

JCBills
02-25-2010, 02:05 PM
I will say the trade rumor is pretty absurd considering it's Feb.

k-oneputt
02-25-2010, 02:07 PM
He's better than Fitz, Edwards, Brohm, and any QB coming out of this draft.

He's been under 4, count them, 4 different offensive coordinators ever since he's been in the NFL, going on his 5th whether he stays with the Skins or not. He has steadily progressed every single year in the NFL. Look up the completion %, yards, QB ratings etc. He's never had a sure number 1 receiver in his life. He's never had a good O-Line. If we put a line in front of him, he has the arm it takes to play in Buffalo.

Sounds pretty similiar to the situation that Losman and Edwards had to deal with. Just saying.

I would actually try to re-hab edwards before campbell.

BillsWin
02-25-2010, 02:09 PM
His accuracy has improved each season he has been in the league. He has never had a season where he's thrown for more interceptions than touchdowns. He has improved his yards per attempt each season too. He has improved his touchdown total each season as well. His growth has been slow, but the proof is in the numbers. He has grown as a QB.

not saying I want him, but there is potential for him to peak in Buffalo with protection and a solid running game.

THATHURMANATOR
02-25-2010, 02:27 PM
His accuracy has improved each season he has been in the league. He has never had a season where he's thrown for more interceptions than touchdowns. He has improved his yards per attempt each season too. He has improved his touchdown total each season as well. His growth has been slow, but the proof is in the numbers. He has grown as a QB.

not saying I want him, but there is potential for him to peak in Buffalo with protection and a solid running game.
With you on this assesment.

patmoran2006
02-25-2010, 02:32 PM
1- He's a lot better than any current QB on the roster and QB is an important position.

2- He's probably the most REALISTIC veteran QB we can get our hands on.. McNabb is completely unrealistic to me.

3- It is possible that our scouting department is not high on any of the Level 2 QB's coming in this year's draft.

So based on those, we could do worse than Campbell, and as far as Whitner, I think Wilson and Scott at the very least are as good as him anyway.

Nothing lost

Pinkerton Security
02-25-2010, 02:36 PM
I'll paste the same response I posted in another thread:

Campbell had 3600 yards, 64 percent comp. %, 20 TDs, 15 INT's and a 86 QB rating (and had a somewhat similar year in 2008). When JP had a season with those numbers, we were all ready to anoint him the next Jimbo, but when its someone else's QB, we for some reason dont want him.

I will go ahead and say I was anti-Campbell at first but after taking a look at what he did this year, I am really hoping we get this guy.

k-oneputt
02-25-2010, 02:39 PM
And they are willing to trade their starting qb, with all these great stats, for a marginal safety ? OK.

Prov401
02-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Sounds pretty similiar to the situation that Losman and Edwards had to deal with. Just saying.

I would actually try to re-hab edwards before campbell.

No it doesn't sound like it. Just saying.

When have Losman or Edwards steadily improved? They just get suckier. Losman throws balls into the ground, and Edwards is a scared tap dancer who gets flicked in the head and gets concussions.

Cambell >>>>>>>>>>>> Losman
Cambell >>>> Edwards

He's an upgrade. Just saying.

patmoran2006
02-25-2010, 02:43 PM
And they are willing to trade their starting qb, with all these great stats, for a marginal safety ? OK.

My man, if you look at say a list of new head coaches over the past 10 years in the league, I'd say a high percentage of them start anew with a different QB they get in either the draft or FA.

BillsWin
02-25-2010, 02:46 PM

They aren't "great" stats, but what they do show is improvement. If he were to improve again this season as the trend shows, he could throw for 4,000 yards and 25+ touchdowns and over a 66% completion rate.

Not saying he will do that. I am more a fan of trying out Brohm and Edwards while coaching up a high round rookie.

But, he has shown growth. Something Edwards or Losman lacked. They regressed.

Under subpar coaching situations Campbell improved a little bit every season.

Philagape
02-25-2010, 02:50 PM
If Shanahan cuts Campbell, it will be because he can't run Shanny's system, which doesn't sound like it will be Gailey's system.

Kinda how the Chiefs fired Gailey because they wanted to run a different system.

It's a my-way-or-the-highway league.

Pinkerton Security
02-25-2010, 02:53 PM

This is an ignorant post.

Firstly, this is a RUMOR and it has been stated by others that Campbell is unlikely to leave Washington.

Secondly, if you wanna get technical, the rumor stated it was Campbell for Whitner AND a draft pick. So, you missed there as well.

k-oneputt
02-25-2010, 02:56 PM
This is an ignorant post.

Firstly, this is a RUMOR and it has been stated by others that Campbell is unlikely to leave Washington.

Secondly, if you wanna get technical, the rumor stated it was Campbell for Whitner AND a draft pick. So, you missed there as well.

No actually I didn't miss, and usually don't. I've already stated they should not trade a pick with Whitner in other threads. Get with the game.
I'm really amazed that most are in lover with a career NFL loser. Good luck with that.

Pinkerton Security
02-25-2010, 03:37 PM
No actually I didn't miss, and usually don't. I've already stated they should not trade a pick with Whitner in other threads. Get with the game.
I'm really amazed that most are in lover with a career NFL loser. Good luck with that.

You missed again!

Who said I was in love with him?? Please point out to me where i stated I was in love with this man. I showed his stats as a way of showing that he is helluva lot better than Trent, as far as numbers go at least.

And as far as you not usually missing, well that's just funny right there...but whatever melts your butter!!

DraftBoy
02-25-2010, 04:12 PM
My question is why do you need to start another thread about it? There are already a few Campbell threads out there to post this in.

k-oneputt
02-25-2010, 04:43 PM
You have a point DB. Everybody seems to have expressed their feeling on the Campbell situation.

Beebe's Kid
02-25-2010, 04:47 PM
I will say the trade rumor is pretty absurd considering it's Feb.

Yeah, flat out stupid. Trades don't start for another week.

Note: The above is 100% sarcasm.

BuffaloBlitz83
02-25-2010, 05:13 PM
The dude sucks.

Doesn't have a great arm.

You must be ******ed. Campbell is inconsistent and has struggled in Washington. But to question his arm strength is just Dumb and Wrong. The guy has a rocket for an arm. Doesn't make him a great QB, but the arm strength is not in question period.

DraftBoy
02-25-2010, 05:14 PM
You have a point DB. Everybody seems to have expressed their feeling on the Campbell situation.

I dont mind people liking or disliking Campbell its the 5 different threads on the topic that really bothers me more than anything else. People seem to have ADD or something about just having one thread.

Yasgur's Farm
02-25-2010, 05:36 PM
You have a point DB. Everybody seems to have expressed their feeling on the Campbell situation.Some way more repetitiously than others. :crack:

JCBills
02-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Yeah, flat out stupid. Trades don't start for another week.

Note: The above is 100% sarcasm.

Just saying most of these at this point in time are just some stirring things up.

Don't get me wrong, trading Donte for a pick or player that will help us is a no brainer.

k-oneputt
02-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Some way more repetitiously than others. :crack:

Yeah I know, like josh reed is a great blocker and a good #2.
He will be lucky to be on a team in sept.

Yasgur's Farm
02-25-2010, 05:53 PM
What??

ChanGailey
02-25-2010, 07:31 PM
You must be ******ed. Campbell is inconsistent and has struggled in Washington. But to question his arm strength is just Dumb and Wrong. The guy has a rocket for an arm. Doesn't make him a great QB, but the arm strength is not in question period.

Just so you all see this, I'm not the first one to pull out personal attacks.

I don't know if you've watched Campbell play, I know you know very little about the Bills and they are supposedly your team. So I'm assuming you were at bake sales on most Sundays and don't actually watch much football.

I have Sunday Ticket/Redzone. I've watched so much Jason Campbell it makes me wanna puke. The guy can't play for squat, and he doesn't have a strong arm. Maybe better than Trent as far as arm strength, but certainly not like Bledsoe or Losman.

Not only that but after every play he has that huge Bubba Gump lip dangling down and he looks f'n clueless. http://misterirrelevant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/campbell_offseason.jpg

He plays horrible in meaningful games. (night games, division games) and then pads his stats against bad teams. (Sound familiar)

Unless he was cut by Washington, and a vet minimum type FA to compete, I wouldn't want anything to do with him.

ChanGailey
02-25-2010, 07:34 PM
My question is why do you need to start another thread about it? There are already a few Campbell threads out there to post this in.

People are talking about potential trades. Campbell vs. Whitner or what picks would need to be thrown in.

I had the question of who on earth actually would want this scrub ass player?! We've all read your mock draft V1, V1.0, V1.1, V1.2...why not just put all of those in one thread?

God I hate message board police. Who gives a damn how many threads there are?!

djjimkelly
02-25-2010, 07:40 PM
jason campbell sucks ive voiced my opinion

id rather roll out tard edwards next year

and i despise edwards