PDA

View Full Version : Bills Rant

homeslice5484
02-26-2010, 09:41 AM
http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/28016185/rant-howard-simon-s-2009-bills-rant.htm?q=rant (http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/28016185/rant-howard-simon-s-2009-bills-rant.htm?q=rant)

I remember this from after the Pats game. This brings back the debate...QB or OLINE? Can a good QB make plays with a mediocre to bad OLINE?

Yes, just look at Green Bay. A good QB can make your line look better than it actually is.

JCBills
02-26-2010, 09:42 AM
http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/28016185/rant-howard-simon-s-2009-bills-rant.htm?q=rant (http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/28016185/rant-howard-simon-s-2009-bills-rant.htm?q=rant)

I remember this from after the Pats game. This brings back the debate...QB or OLINE? Can a good QB make plays with a mediocre to bad OLINE?

Yes, just look at Green Bay. A good QB can make your line look better than it actually is.

Same goes with Pittsburgh.

homeslice5484
02-26-2010, 09:44 AM
So the question remains, fix the line or find the future QB first? Or does it even matter?

I have a feeling if we had a good enough QB, we would not have been 6-10...not playoff calibur but not so inept.

Ickybaluky
02-26-2010, 10:51 AM
If you think you have a shot at a franchise QB you have to take him, no matter what else is happening on the team. Getting a franchise QB is the hardest piece to find, so you always have to take him if there is one there.

Of course, if the Bills don't see that guy there, then they will look at other positions.

Philagape
02-26-2010, 11:25 AM
The Bills are going nowhere in any case this year, therefore there doesn't need to be any order in what positions to fill.
They should draft whoever they think is the best player. There are so many positions that need upgrading that BPA will almost certainly fill one of them.
Bradford, Bulaga, McClain, Bryant all fit the bill. I'm fine with any of them.

Yasgur's Farm
02-26-2010, 12:32 PM
The Bills are going nowhere in any case this year, therefore there doesn't need to be any order in what positions to fill.
They should draft whoever they think is the best player. There are so many positions that need upgrading that BPA will almost certainly fill one of them.
Bradford, Bulaga, McClain, Bryant all fit the bill. I'm fine with any of them.Yup... Pretty much what he said. We've been trying to fill holes through the draft for years. That philosophy has resulted in a worsening of the team. It's time to take BPA.

Buddo
02-26-2010, 01:11 PM
I think also that people overlook the reality of what has happened with the Bills, particularly under Jauron, and that is the completely ineffective, supposed 'offensive scheme'.
Circumstances vary somewhat, around the league. The likes of Peyton Manning, could have made a difference even with our pathetic O-Line, but it wouldn't have been 'playoff' difference. Similarly, good O-Lines, have made merely 'decent' QBs look very good in the past, even to the extent of winning SBs.
At the end of the day, perhaps the question should be rather, what top QB has actually won a SB, with a crap O-Line? It's certainly true that mediocre QBs have won with good O-Lines.
Essentially, that should resolve the question., and it likely does it in favour of the O-Line first.

wozrob11
02-26-2010, 04:45 PM
if clausen or bradford somehow fall to us at 9 which aint gonna happen we should jump on them but if both are gone then we take the best OL i think that s how it has to go

Yasgur's Farm
02-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Even if that's the 4th best LT? Not at #9 dude.

Night Train
02-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Bradford scrares me.

He looks the part and is deadly accuate, which pulls you into his camp.

Then you realize he doesn't sense the blindside pressure (ala Trentative) and may be a fragile All-Whirlpool candidate every year.

No way on Clausen. He has multiple bad habits and the maturity level of a 9 year old.

I just don't see the so-called Franchise QB guy at the top this April and see a middle to late round roll of the dice as more likely, if at all.

LT,NT or LB early.