PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan not coach of bills because of wife.

mrbojanglezs
02-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Here is an interesting comment from shanahan

Speaking of Buffalo, Shanahan said one reason he found the Redskins job more appealing than the Bills job is that his wife doesn't like the Buffalo weather.

LOL and DC weather has been worse than buffalos this year. Isn't denver weather just as bad? I'd rater have more snow than bitter cold in denver....dumb

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...with-redskins/

Ickybaluky
02-26-2010, 10:57 AM
According to the source of that story (http://twitter.com/RickMaese/status/9683569521), Shanahan was joking about his wife:

Shanahan says he gave strong consideration to Buffalo. but jokes his wife wouldnt live there w/ him cuz of weather.

Kind of ironic given all the snow DC has had this year.

Ron Burgundy
02-26-2010, 11:13 AM
**** Mike Shanahan.

JCBills
02-26-2010, 11:14 AM
To me it's just a shot at the city for absolutely no reason.

I think he was mad he didn't get a billboard.

mikemac2001
02-26-2010, 11:21 AM
hes got no sack....i would have been like stfu b if i wanted to coach there....so either he has no sack or he didn't want to coach here

Forward_Lateral
02-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Really, you guys are pissed that he chose a franchise that will spend countless amounts of money on players over a team that's wallet is harder to get into than a Pearl Jam concert?

Mudflap1
02-26-2010, 11:25 AM
I lived in the Denver area. While it gets cold and snowy, it's nowhere near as raw, cold, gusty, and as long of a winter as Buffalo's.

JCBills
02-26-2010, 11:28 AM
I lived in the Denver area. While it gets cold and snowy, it's nowhere near as raw, cold, gusty, and as long of a winter as Buffalo's.

Lake effect snow vs. high altitude dry snow.

Ed
02-26-2010, 11:45 AM
I live in Denver now, and I think the the weather here is the best. 300+ days of sunshine and no humidity. It can get really cold for a couple weeks December/January, but overall the seasonal weather is great. And even if it snows, you're close to some of the best mountains in the world for skiing/snowboarding.

mybills
02-26-2010, 12:01 PM
It's not a shot at the city, it's just a fact that Buffalo has some cold and snowy weather. I don't care if she really said it or not, it's not like they took a shot at the team.

Beebe's Kid
02-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Really, you guys are pissed that he chose a franchise that will spend countless amounts of money on players over a team that's wallet is harder to get into than a Pearl Jam concert?

Ahh, yes, the common misconception that Ralph doesn't spend any money. Discredited, yet still stated as fact.

mrbojanglezs
02-26-2010, 12:18 PM

ya your right i looked up the averages, i thought it was really cold.

Its interesting tho, their highs are about 9 degrees warmer then buffalo on average per month

BUT their lows are about 5 degrees colder then buffalo

So its warmer during the day in Denver than buffalo, but colder during the night. Interesting.

Denver (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USCO0105)

Buffalo (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USNY0181)

The Jokeman
02-26-2010, 12:43 PM

LOL and DC weather has been worse than buffalos this year. Isn't denver weather just as bad? I'd rater have more snow than bitter cold in denver....dumb

Again with the wives, we lost Marvin Lewis because his wife didn't like the Buffalo school systems. Anyone know any great gay HC's?

TigerJ
02-26-2010, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't make much of a comment like that, even if it was made seriously.

Raptor
02-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Whatever, he considered us and he turned us down in a respectful and timely manner. I have no problems or ill will towards Shanahan

Ebenezer
02-26-2010, 01:05 PM
it doesn't help that people who move from this area ***** about the winters here...they are not that bad. individual days shouldn't ruin the season.

Typ0
02-26-2010, 01:53 PM
This is a joke. With an uncapped year looming only an idiot that could get the Washington job wouldn't take it.

HAMMER
02-26-2010, 01:54 PM

Denvers weather is far better than Buffalo's. They have over 300 days of sunshine a year. Buffalo has about 150, the rest are gloomy low cloud ceiling, depressing.

HAMMER
02-26-2010, 01:55 PM
it doesn't help that people who move from this area ***** about the winters here...they are not that bad. individual days shouldn't ruin the season.

It's not so much the snow or cold but the dreary low clouds that got me down.

Ebenezer
02-26-2010, 03:58 PM
It's not so much the snow or cold but the dreary low clouds that got me down.
that I agree with...there are weeks in February where we might get little to no sunlight.

Jeff1220
02-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Part of the reason we moved to Maryland was the weather :couch:

Ebenezer
02-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Part of the reason we moved to Maryland was the weather :couch:
:oops:

Jeff1220
02-26-2010, 06:30 PM
:oops:

One tough winter out of 10 isn't bad though. And there was a day in January I was able to drive my Jeep with the top down.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Ive traveled the whole country... ive been in every state except Hawiee (cause I cant spell it) Ive a been to Europe
Ive been to Zimbabwee. Ziare, Mozambique, South Africa.
Ive been in Italy
I choose to live in the Rochester area cause I like it here more then anywhere Ive ever been
I love western NY
God Bless The USA!

YardRat
02-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Funny how this was a 'rumor' about Cowher also. Maybe Shanahan's wife talked to Mrs. Chin and convinced her that the weather was terrible.

Mrs. Shanny cost us two coaches :mad:

Griff
02-26-2010, 07:23 PM

Come on, you know Ralph isn't that stingy, the Bills aren't even in the bottom half of the league in player salaries.

Novacane
02-26-2010, 07:32 PM
I don't blame her. I don't like the weather here either.