X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeslice5484
    • Jul 2008

Assume Edwards Starts...

If he continues to perform the way he did last season in terms of on field play and leadership....I highly doubt Gailey and the staff will give him much time like Jauron and his staff did.

This coaching staff and front office has NO loyalty to anyone on this roster. They did not draft any of these players and they do not appear to be pushovers like Jauron was. Fewell benched Edwards for a reason.

I think Trent would be on a very short leash if he displays the same qualities he has displayed, that is if he even starts.

• Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Assume Edwards Starts...

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

He only got that treatment because of his growth process. He's going to need to get it done now if he wins the job no question. But if he wins the job and he's not ready to get it done the current regime is just as "clueless" as the last if you want to put it that way and they won't know what to do to fix it during the season either.

Comment

• homeslice5484
        • Jul 2008

The thought makes me want to throw up also...but it could happen

Comment

• homeslice5484
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Typ0
          He only got that treatment because of his growth process. He's going to need to get it done now if he wins the job no question. But if he wins the job and he's not ready to get it done the current regime is just as "clueless" as the last if you want to put it that way and they won't know what to do to fix it during the season either.
          Good Point..i just dont see him developing the leadership qualities you need in a QB.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by homeslice5484
            The thought makes me want to throw up also...but it could happen
            Edwards would be an uber hard sell to the ticket buying fanbase. I think all the current happy talk is just the Bills being polite to the guy.

I think he's toast.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• homeslice5484
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Night Train
              Edwards would be an uber hard sell to the ticket buying fanbase. I think all the current happy talk is just the Bills being polite to the guy.

I think he's toast.
              I hope your right, can you imagine if our offense actually shows signs of improvement, defense is decent, and we have a chance to win more games and we lose them because of his inability or refusal to take risks and make plays? It just amazes me how with even a competent QB we could be better....we dont have one in Edwards.
              Last edited by homeslice5484; 02-26-2010, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• T-Long
                Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                • Sep 2003

I think Trent Edwards is the QB of the Bills in 2010. I don't see Brohm beating him out and Fitz is definitely not the answer. I think they draft a guy in Round 3 (Pike, LeFevour, etc) and have him compete with Brohm and Edwards. I think there are two scenarios:

1. Edwards
                2. Fitzpatrick
                3. Draft Pick

or

1. Edwards
                2. Brohm
                3. Draft Pick

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

In my view you never talk down your current QB until you have a new one. Of course Nix and Gailey are saying what they're saying now, in case they can't find a better option.

But don't be mistaken into thinking they're not looking for new options.

If they dump Edwards now its because he deserves it.

If they give him another year they've "shown confidence" in him from day one.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• homeslice5484
                    • Jul 2008

I decided when we played the Browns on MNF I had seen enough of him, and he proved me right last year when I saw the SAME thing I saw on MNF.

Comment

• homeslice5484
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      In my view you never talk down your current QB until you have a new one. Of course Nix and Gailey are saying what they're saying now, in case they can't find a better option.

But don't be mistaken into thinking they're not looking for new options.

If they dump Edwards now its because he deserves it.

If they give him another year they've "shown confidence" in him from day one.
                      Never thought of it that way....the though of seeing #5 start is not very exciting...He has never been the same since Cleveland on MNF

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

A QB has to be a team leader... At least Brohm and Fitz showed that leadership quality. Trent's probably Marshawn's ***** in the locker room.

Comment

• homeslice5484
                          • Jul 2008

Its just that since that Cleveland game we have seen more of that game over and over again. Not only that, but I don't think his teammates believe in him either. We brought binoculars to a few games last year, we sit in the jim kelly club so we are pretty close. EVERY time they went to the sidelines Trent sat by himself on an orange cooler. When Fitz started, he was with his lineman and WR's after every drive.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
                            Yeah, I was just having a couple of drinks and settling into a nice Friday night, and then I had to think about Edwards as our starter. Now I'm drinking harder.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by homeslice5484
                              Good Point..i just dont see him developing the leadership qualities you need in a QB.
                              The leadership qualities are getting done on the field. There was a time when he was consistently moving the offense when no one else could. Those guys are only going to care about getting the ball in the endzone just like us. It's just that we are coming at it from different directions. Everyone on the team can hate his ass if he gets it done it's getting done and they will follow.

Comment

Working...
                              X