PDA

View Full Version : Find this odd about Bills and Tebow?

patmoran2006
02-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Anyone find it odd that of all the participants thus far in the combine, the Buffalo Bills have on video and ADVERTISE on twitter a press conference for only one player.

Tim Tebow.

Slim
02-26-2010, 05:19 PM
It is a little odd, but Tebow is the well-known name of any player coming out this year.

Pinkerton Security
02-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Anyone find it odd that of all the participants thus far in the combine, the Buffalo Bills have on video and ADVERTISE on twitter a press conference for only one player.

Tim Tebow.

They're trying to pump up the fan base again by showing that they're talking to these big names? Idk, just a guess.

YardRat
02-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Smokescreen...

T-Long
02-26-2010, 05:47 PM
They know that Tebow at a podium will give their site plenty of hits. It's a good marketing strategy...hell, I bet Brandon had something to do with that!

No way the Bills select Tebow at #9. I doubt he lasts until their pick in the 2nd round, so if God forbid they want him, it will have to be a trade up like they did for Losman and McCargo in the first.

ChanGailey
02-26-2010, 05:52 PM
they advertised mike shanahan.

cpearl
02-26-2010, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't mind Tebow as long as it was a 4th round pick. Maybe a third if we adequately address OT, LB, and NT in FA and the first couple rounds.

T-Long
02-26-2010, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't mind Tebow as long as it was a 4th round pick. Maybe a third if we adequately address OT, LB, and NT in FA and the first couple rounds.
There is no way he lasts until the 4th round. He will go in the 2nd at the LATEST.

SaviorEdwards
02-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Not really since he's the star of college football and is in the discussion as maybe the greatest ever. But I still say if the Bills aren't a bunch of morans they will draft him.

Bravo82
02-26-2010, 06:55 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Scumbag College
02-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Everything the Bills have done the last decade has been odd.

tampabay25690
02-26-2010, 07:44 PM
There is no way he lasts until the 4th round. He will go in the 2nd at the LATEST.

You are correct he is probably 1 of a few players that will try to do what it takes to make himself better....He is saying all the right things right now....

Teams will fall in luv with him and he will sell tickets.
I would luv to see the Bills grab him in the 2nd......

bigbub2352
02-26-2010, 07:46 PM
we r gonna take a CB

DesertFox24
02-27-2010, 07:25 AM
I can not remember the bills posting a press conference of a player they have drafted the past three years.

I could be wrong but I do not remember Maybin, Wood, Bryd, and Levitre.

Actually I take that back I think they had a general TE one where Cook and Nelson spoke.

I take it as misinformation, I highly doubt Tebow is the guy but as Mayock pointed out a team with a new head coach or an established head coach would be the only landing spots for him since it will take two years before we see anything from him.

DrGraves
02-27-2010, 09:23 AM
we r gonna take a CB

probably. reach for a CB that we don't need at 9 and then trade back up into the first for tebow. sounds like something the bills would do

Luisito23
02-27-2010, 09:25 AM
sounds like something the bills would do

It really does, hopefully that was the old management though.

mikemac2001
02-27-2010, 09:29 AM
I can not remember the bills posting a press conference of a player they have drafted the past three years.

I could be wrong but I do not remember Maybin, Wood, Bryd, and Levitre.

Actually I take that back I think they had a general TE one where Cook and Nelson spoke.

I take it as misinformation, I highly doubt Tebow is the guy but as Mayock pointed out a team with a new head coach or an established head coach would be the only landing spots for him since it will take two years before we see anything from him.

they had one for maybin and wood levitre and i think one for lynch and pos

Commissioner
02-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Not odd at all....

The Bills aren't going to post video of a player that no one is interested in hearing from, and probably won't click on the video. Tebow's a celebrity and made big news about the changes to his throwing motion.

Not any different than NFL Network having a segment with him breaking down his drop back and throwing motion and not of any other QB.

ChristopherWalken
03-01-2010, 02:46 PM
They also posted on their website an interview with Clausen, Suh, James Starks and Mike Williams.

PECKERWOOD
03-01-2010, 03:09 PM
If we are going to be running the spread primarily as our offense then a guy like Tebow would be a solid choice, but it has to be in the 2nd or 3rd round. We can't afford to take a gamble with the 9th pick, we need a safe pick at that spot. Colt McCoy is one of my dark horse picks for us at QB, even Dan LeFevour.. All three of these QBs have experience in the spread, which is what we will be running. Obviously, Bradford does too, but he will likely be gone when we pick.

Griff
03-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Not really since he's the star of college football and is in the discussion as maybe the greatest ever. But I still say if the Bills aren't a bunch of morans they will draft him.

yeah cause we want a less athletic and less accurate Mike Vick.

tampabay25690
03-01-2010, 04:07 PM
If we are going to be running the spread primarily as our offense then a guy like Tebow would be a solid choice, but it has to be in the 2nd or 3rd round. We can't afford to take a gamble with the 9th pick, we need a safe pick at that spot. Colt McCoy is one of my dark horse picks for us at QB, even Dan LeFevour.. All three of these QBs have experience in the spread, which is what we will be running. Obviously, Bradford does too, but he will likely be gone when we pick.

I agree with alot you are saying....
I like McCoy and LeFevour.
I know this a a HOMER thing to say but I think TEBOW will make a GM and Owner very happy that they drafted him.
Lets face it the guy will do what it takes to win.. If he is there in the 2nd round why not draft him and run a wildcat for his 1st year and learn the QB position in the NFL.

I think we all know that Trent Edwards will probably be the starting QB next year weather we like it or not....

dplus47
03-01-2010, 04:39 PM
You are correct he is probably 1 of a few players that will try to do what it takes to make himself better....He is saying all the right things right now....

Teams will fall in luv with him and he will sell tickets.
I would luv to see the Bills grab him in the 2nd......

Yeah, because almost nobody else who has entered the draft is even trying. Better take him in the first if that's the case.

tampabay25690
03-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Yeah, because almost nobody else who has entered the draft is even trying. Better take him in the first if that's the case.

Well didnt mean it that way he is just a special type of player.
So sorry I worded it wrong..

dplus47
03-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Well didnt mean it that way he is just a special type of player.
So sorry I worded it wrong..

No worries. I was just trying to point out that everybody needs to be trying to raise their game, and I believe that many of the players are working like they've never worked.

I think for Tebow's sake and for the team that takes him, it would be great for him to go in round 3. Anything higher and there will be crazy expectations, IMO. Look at Alex Smith, another Urban Meyer guy. He has taken quite some time to get it going, and he still isn't a lock to make much of a difference in the league. It takes time to transition to the NFL, and crazy expectations can really set a guy back, IMO.

Just an opinion of course.

better days
03-01-2010, 07:27 PM
No worries. I was just trying to point out that everybody needs to be trying to raise their game, and I believe that many of the players are working like they've never worked.

I think for Tebow's sake and for the team that takes him, it would be great for him to go in round 3. Anything higher and there will be crazy expectations, IMO. Look at Alex Smith, another Urban Meyer guy. He has taken quite some time to get it going, and he still isn't a lock to make much of a difference in the league. It takes time to transition to the NFL, and crazy expectations can really set a guy back, IMO.

Just an opinion of course.

Many guys are working their butt off NOW in order to be drafted higher. After they get their money, many of those guys never put in any effort again. Tebow is one of those rare guys like Favre that have a passion for the game that most do not have. Tebow will work on his game because it is a passion, not for the money. That said I agree it would not hurt him in the long run to get drafted in the 3rd but it would not surprise me if the Jags take him in the 1st.

BILLSROCK1212
03-01-2010, 07:28 PM
now this certainly is looking a bit hard into things, but i am not ruling out us making a run at tebow

dplus47
03-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Many guys are working their butt off NOW in order to be drafted higher. After they get their money, many of those guys never put in any effort again. Tebow is one of those rare guys like Favre that have a passion for the game that most do not have. Tebow will work on his game because it is a passion, not for the money. That said I agree it would not hurt him in the long run to get drafted in the 3rd but it would not surprise me if the Jags take him in the 1st.

What does this mean? Is this why Favre skips training camp every year?

I understand that Favre has a passion for the game. I'm just having a little fun.

As for Tebow, we'll have to wait and see. It's easy to have a passion for the game when you're starting, succeeding, and beating everybody 62-21. Really easy.

It's another thing to have a passion for the game when you're not as successful personally, your team isn't dominating everybody else, and you have a lot of work to do to even compete.

I'm not saying Tebow doesn't have it in him; he's a great competitor. But, we have to wait and see before we can say anything about how he'll turn out (or even) as a pro or even how much effort he'll put into it. He does appear to have a lot of interests outside of football, and those interests might become more appealing if football doesn't go as he hopes.

I responded this way because I think it's a false assumption to believe that guys aren't putting in the work once they get paid. There's a reason those old guys skip training camp if they can: it's hard work.

SaviorEdwards
03-03-2010, 03:48 PM
yeah cause we want a less athletic and less accurate Mike Vick.

Don't worry the great Timmy Tebow will heal your blindness soon enough.

Mahdi
03-03-2010, 04:29 PM

Tim Tebow.
Maybe he is our second round pick.

Mobility. Check.

Arm Strength. Check

Fits Gailey's requirements. Now of course they will take more into account than just that, but maybe they feel he fits Buffalo.

The comparison to Jim Kelly is interesting considering ppl thought Kelly should switch positions also.

Kelly and Tebow are almost the same size exactly and Kelly himself said he thinks Tebow would be a great pick for Buffalo.

I have a feeling Tebow is our second round pick.

tampabay25690
03-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Maybe he is our second round pick.

Mobility. Check.

Arm Strength. Check

Fits Gailey's requirements. Now of course they will take more into account than just that, but maybe they feel he fits Buffalo.

The comparison to Jim Kelly is interesting considering ppl thought Kelly should switch positions also.

Kelly and Tebow are almost the same size exactly and Kelly himself said he thinks Tebow would be a great pick for Buffalo.

I have a feeling Tebow is our second round pick.

You want to see the happiest BILLS fan of all times if that happens????
Buffalo would bring the GATOR NATION along if that happened....

SaviorEdwards
03-04-2010, 12:47 AM
You want to see the happiest BILLS fan of all times if that happens????
Buffalo would bring the GATOR NATION along if that happened....

Im glad people are finally get on my bandwagon..

God bless

DesertFox24
03-04-2010, 01:47 AM
they had one for maybin and wood levitre and i think one for lynch and pos

A whole press conference of theirs or just sound bites from theirs.

I remember seeing them say like one sentence but I do not remember them putting up the whole damn conference, but I could be wrong.

ZAZusmc03
03-04-2010, 07:44 AM
If we get him in the 2nd, I won't lie...in going to be pumped. Being a gators fan I know he hasthe work ethic and athletic ability to be successful at the next level. I highly doubt he will have a huge impact right away but with a year or two as the number two qb I think he could be special. With that being said he will be at a mall in jax on Sunday and in bringing my wife down to get her jersey signed lol.