PDA

View Full Version : Clausen talked with the Bills!

X-Era
02-27-2010, 12:35 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/02/27/clausen-talks-with-bills/

I haven't made up my mind on whether I want him or not, but its interesting.

psubills62
02-27-2010, 12:45 PM
The interviews can be telling sometimes (usually they tell me what positions the Bills are interested in), but in this case it's more like they're doing their homework on guys who will be available at the 9th pick.

Didn't the Bills talk to a lot of OG and C prospects before the draft last year? I remember them talking to Herman Johnson, among other interior line prospects. And then they went after Eric Wood, Andy Levitre.

SaviorEdwards
02-27-2010, 12:49 PM
The interviews can be telling sometimes (usually they tell me what positions the Bills are interested in), but in this case it's more like they're doing their homework on guys who will be available at the 9th pick.

Didn't the Bills talk to a lot of OG and C prospects before the draft last year? I remember them talking to Herman Johnson, among other interior line prospects. And then they went after Eric Wood, Andy Levitre.
That may be true but this is a different team making the decisions now. I really hope the Bills don't draft this guy. I see Clausen as the typical west coast QB who enjoys the game of football but doesn't love it. We need a guy who will truly be dedicated and loves football as much as we do. This is the one guy i really really don't want any part of, kind of like how I didn't want Aaron Maybin.

psubills62
02-27-2010, 12:52 PM
That may be true but this is a different team making the decisions now. I really hope the Bills don't draft this guy. I see Clausen as the typical west coast QB who enjoys the game of football but doesn't love it. We need a guy who will truly be dedicated and loves football as much as we do. This is the one guy i really really don't want any part of, kind of like how I didn't want Aaron Maybin.

Most front offices are run the same way...I still don't think it necessarily indicates who they're after.

X-Era
02-27-2010, 12:54 PM

Yeah, Id tend to agree.

I don't think its a secret that we are looking at our QB situation. And Id agree that it may simply tell us whats on our radar as far as positions we think are needs. Thats why the TE thing peeked my interest. I didn't see that as a need area. But, I watched CB's interview with Modrak on BB.com and he mentions that we have free agents at TE that could affect our situation. We know Fine is gone, that leaves Nelson and Schouman as our main guys. Klopfenstein is a FA. So, its still a bit perplexing considering I think we would only need one or two solid young guys there.

SaviorEdwards
02-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Most front offices are run the same way...I still don't think it necessarily indicates who they're after.

Thats a good point, there is always the misinformation game going on. I remember a couple of years ago it was pretty much assumed we were taking Devin Thomas.

YardRat
02-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Everybody knows we need a QB of some kind...If the team doesn't at least attempt to talk to all of them at the combine at some point, then they're not doing their job.

DraftBoy
03-01-2010, 09:56 AM
All Clausen can do is interview and since we need one it would be pointless to not talk to him.

Mahdi
03-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Due diligence. Interviews mean nothing.

They might not even interview the player they covet the most.