PDA

View Full Version : Owens, Denney, and Reed are gone.

TacklingDummy
03-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Now if they can trade Schobel, Kelsay, Lynch, Maybin, and Whitner this off-season will be going great.

ChanGailey
03-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Trade Maybin?

Lol.

T-Long
03-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Kelsay and Whitner I agree with, but none of the other three.

TacklingDummy
03-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Trade Maybin?

Lol.
If the Bills can get a 2nd I'd be all for it.

TacklingDummy
03-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Kelsay and Whitner I agree with, but none of the other three.
You would be against trading Schobel who's career is almost over and against trading Lynch who got lazy and is 1 frig up away from a year off?

You'll come around on Maybin also.

SABURZFAN
03-01-2010, 09:48 AM
i can't wait to see the three sluggos that replace these guys.

DrGraves
03-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Our Wideouts look amazing now... Lee "I'm invisible until garbage time" Evans and James "I am bust" Hardy...

T-Long
03-01-2010, 10:00 AM
You would be against trading Schobel who's career is almost over and against trading Lynch who got lazy and is 1 frig up away from a year off?

You'll come around on Maybin also.
Schobel is still a very productive player (10+ sacks last year) and he would welcome the idea of playing in a 3-4. Why should we want to trade our best defensive lineman?

Lynch got lazy because of his suspension. Look at the way he played beforehand. If he gets his act together, he is a very productive runner. Gailey even said they need two quality guys, and the last time I checked, Lynch and Jackson are very good RB's in this league. Lynch's stock has got to be at his lowest...so no reason to trade him now.

DraftBoy
03-01-2010, 10:06 AM
WR is now a bigger need.

SABURZFAN
03-01-2010, 10:20 AM
WR is now a bigger need.

Dez Bryant???

AB4now
03-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Schobel is still a very productive player (10+ sacks last year) and he would welcome the idea of playing in a 3-4. Why should we want to trade our best defensive lineman?

Lynch got lazy because of his suspension. Look at the way he played beforehand. If he gets his act together, he is a very productive runner. Gailey even said they need two quality guys, and the last time I checked, Lynch and Jackson are very good RB's in this league. Lynch's stock has got to be at his lowest...so no reason to trade him now.
I completely agree. we should welcome schobel to finish out his career here. he has been our most productive DL in recent years.
As for lynch, he did pretty decent in spots last year when spelling fred jackson. that is a good one-two punch when used well and practiced for.

OpIv37
03-01-2010, 10:31 AM
If the Bills can get a 2nd I'd be all for it.
Maybin was a huge mistake and I'd love to trade him, but the reality is he has no trade value whatsoever. The Bills took a HUGE gamble on him and no other GM is going to bail us out.

Pinkerton Security
03-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Yeah lets trade Maybin, who has no trade value and will probably fit best in a 3-4 OLB spot, and we now run a 3-4...great idea.

DraftBoy
03-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Maybin was a huge mistake and I'd love to trade him, but the reality is he has no trade value whatsoever. The Bills took a HUGE gamble on him and no other GM is going to bail us out.

Why would you trade Maybin when we can finally put him in a position that he can succeed in? That would be as dumb as the things our last few admins would do.

psubills62
03-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah lets trade Maybin, who has no trade value and will probably fit best in a 3-4 OLB spot, and we now run a 3-4...great idea.

My thought exactly. We're switching from the system that Maybin didn't fit...to the system he does fit...and people want to trade him? If Schobel retires, who will we have at OLB then? Ellis and Kelsay? Yeah, great thinking.

DraftBoy
03-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Dez Bryant???

I wouldnt be against it.

R1-Bryant
R2-Wootton
R3-Saffold

As our top 3 picks would work for me.

Cleve
03-01-2010, 10:55 AM
It's a shame we never got to see T.O. play on a half-way decent offense (and of course that's making a big assumption that the 2010 offense will be half-way decent, which isn't a given)

HHURRICANE
03-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Now if they can trade Schobel, Kelsay, Lynch, Maybin, and Whitner this off-season will be going great.

Lee Evans is a joke at WR. I would have rather traded him and kept Ownes.

The Spaz
03-01-2010, 11:32 AM
It's ok to have Owens having a bad year due to bad QB play and a horrible offense overall but it's not ok for Evans? If anything I applaud the effort Evans has given considering he's had terrible QB and bad offenses to deal with his entire career.

Griff
03-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Lee Evans is a joke at WR. I would have rather traded him and kept Ownes.

at least Lee can catch.

justasportsfan
03-01-2010, 12:08 PM
When will HH be gone along with those guys?

OpIv37
03-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Why would you trade Maybin when we can finally put him in a position that he can succeed in? That would be as dumb as the things our last few admins would do.
Because Maybin is a bust no matter where we put him.

DraftBoy
03-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Because Maybin is a bust no matter where we put him.

You can operate in the world of maybes and what ifs then. Ill operate in the world of finding out and being sure.

God forbid we deal Maybin and he puts up double digit sacks next year, you'd have a **** fit like you did about us not drafting Orakpo.

Giving up on first round prospects after one season is how you build a perennial losing franchise.

Aliceinchainsbills15
03-01-2010, 03:26 PM
what? no dude no. I would agree with the trade Lynch idea but not the rest. Maybin hasn't proven anything yet.

OpIv37
03-01-2010, 03:46 PM
You can operate in the world of maybes and what ifs then. Ill operate in the world of finding out and being sure.

God forbid we deal Maybin and he puts up double digit sacks next year, you'd have a **** fit like you did about us not drafting Orakpo.

Giving up on first round prospects after one season is how you build a perennial losing franchise.

If we had drafted Orakpo in the first ****ing place, it wouldn't have been an issue. Picking the wrong guys in the draft, then holding onto them for forever and a day (See Whitner, Parrish, Youboty, McCargo for starters) is how you build a perennial losing franchise.

The Spaz
03-01-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm willing to bet Orakpo would have failed here as well OP.

OpIv37
03-01-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm willing to bet Orakpo would have failed here as well OP.

I don't entirely agree. Would he have the same numbers in Buffalo that he had in DC? Probably not- their front 7 is much better than ours and he had a lot more help.

Would he have been the complete epic waste that Maybin was last year? No way. He would have at least contributed on a much higher level than Maybin did.

psubills62
03-01-2010, 03:52 PM
If we had drafted Orakpo in the first ****ing place, it wouldn't have been an issue. Picking the wrong guys in the draft, then holding onto them for forever and a day (See Whitner, Parrish, Youboty, McCargo for starters) is how you build a perennial losing franchise.

Looking back it obviously makes sense to have drafted Orakpo. But looking forward it makes sense to keep Maybin at OLB.

DraftBoy
03-01-2010, 03:55 PM
I don't entirely agree. Would he have the same numbers in Buffalo that he had in DC? Probably not- their front 7 is much better than ours and he had a lot more help.

Would he have been the complete epic waste that Maybin was last year? No way. He would have at least contributed on a much higher level than Maybin did.

You know this because you have a magic crystal ball?

Do I think he would of better, probably, though he wouldn't of seen the field nearly as much as he did in Washington. No matter who we took they weren't going to play much with our log jam at 4-3 DE.

All you do is whine about what could of been. We don't live in a what if world, sac up and move on. We have Maybin (epic waste or not). Now we can either find out if he has anything, or throw away a guy who many people thought would be a very good 3-4 rush OLB. What do you want to do?

ZAZusmc03
03-01-2010, 04:22 PM

Do I think he would of better, probably, though he wouldn't of seen the field nearly as much as he did in Washington. No matter who we took they weren't going to play much with our log jam at 4-3 DE.

All you do is whine about what could of been. We don't live in a what if world, sac up and move on. We have Maybin (epic waste or not). Now we can either find out if he has anything, or throw away a guy who many people thought would be a very good 3-4 rush OLB. What do you want to do?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Honestly, half of bills fans had their panties in bunch that our #1 pick didn't contribute because he didnt see the field. Were upset that we picked someone suited for a 3-4 and we ran a 4-3. Now that we are switching to the 3-4, you would think fans would be excited to see how Maybin can perform at a more natural position for him. But instead, we see fans wanting to trade him? WTF? The old FO made a mistake by drafting him last year, But as of right now, It looks like a solid pick because of the scheme change to a 3-4.

I'm more than happy to pass judgement after this season, after seeing how well he adjusts. But for now, I think all of the naysayers should bite their tongues.

OpIv37
03-01-2010, 04:48 PM

you don't think Orakpo could have outplayed Kelsay or Denney at DE? Give me a ****ing break.

I'd just as soon throw him away and move on. He'll never be anything other than mediocre. The only reason to keep him at this point is because we are in desperate need of both DE's and LB's for the 3-4, and at least he's a body that can fill that spot. I don't expect him to do anything though.

OpIv37
03-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Looking back it obviously makes sense to have drafted Orakpo. But looking forward it makes sense to keep Maybin at OLB.

How so? Orakpo played a lot of OLB for the Skins.

DraftBoy
03-01-2010, 04:58 PM
you don't think Orakpo could have outplayed Kelsay or Denney at DE? Give me a ****ing break.

I'd just as soon throw him away and move on. He'll never be anything other than mediocre. The only reason to keep him at this point is because we are in desperate need of both DE's and LB's for the 3-4, and at least he's a body that can fill that spot. I don't expect him to do anything though.

Its not about out play, its quite clear that Jauron was going to play veterans on D unless he was absolutely forced not to (i.e. Byrd).

I do love your continued crystal ball assumptions about Maybin. Tell me if Maybin comes back next season and puts decent to good stats what are you going to do? Its like at times you root against the Bills...

DraftBoy
03-01-2010, 04:59 PM
How so? Orakpo played a lot of OLB for the Skins.

4-3 OLB, not 3-4 OLB they are not the same position.

k-oneputt
03-01-2010, 05:12 PM
They finally cut Hines Ward ? But he was such a great blocker. About time.

Ickybaluky
03-01-2010, 06:24 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if the Pats took a look at Reed. His style fits their offense as an inside WR, and with the severity of Welker's injury they need help there.

better days
03-01-2010, 07:46 PM

It was said when he was drafted that it would take time for Maybin to develop & have any impact on the Bills. He is still a very young guy. There will be players drafted this year that are older than he is. Forget about last year. The Bills would not have made the playoffs even if they had drafted Orakpo. Maybin just may prove to be a better player in the long run.

bigbub2352
03-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Gotta go Oline with the 1st pick no positional players this time.... i would trade whitner and kelsay in a 2nd and throw in parrish too.....i would rather add some vet WR and a late rd pick in the draft at WR with some size

Dicknoze69
03-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Every time I see someone say Maybin is a complete bust and a worthless pick I think back to when I thought Eric Moulds was worthless after ~10 catches combined his first two years in the league.

OpIv37
03-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Every time I see someone say Maybin is a complete bust and a worthless pick I think back to when I thought Eric Moulds was worthless after ~10 catches combined his first two years in the league.

was Eric Moulds ~20 lbs underweight for his position? Was Eric Moulds going off of ONE good college season? Was Eric Moulds as green as Maybin coming out of college?

For every guy who looks like a complete bust that turns it around, there are 10 guys who look like busts that actually ARE busts.

This is another example of using the exception to prove the rule. It's almost doctrine around here.

OpIv37
03-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Its not about out play, its quite clear that Jauron was going to play veterans on D unless he was absolutely forced not to (i.e. Byrd).

I do love your continued crystal ball assumptions about Maybin. Tell me if Maybin comes back next season and puts decent to good stats what are you going to do? Its like at times you root against the Bills...

I root against the Bills because I want to get rid of players who do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?

I see it the opposite way. People on this board claim they want the team to win, yet then they go and repeatedly defend completely useless players.

And it doesn't take a crystal ball to see that an inexperienced player who is undersized for his position is not going to work out.

OpIv37
03-01-2010, 08:52 PM
It was said when he was drafted that it would take time for Maybin to develop & have any impact on the Bills. He is still a very young guy. There will be players drafted this year that are older than he is. Forget about last year. The Bills would not have made the playoffs even if they had drafted Orakpo. Maybin just may prove to be a better player in the long run.

I know he's always been considered a project, and I destroyed this FO for taking the project over Orakpo, who was ready to go. But even in that pessimistic assessment, I never in a million years thought Maybin would be completely useless.

better days
03-01-2010, 09:30 PM
I know he's always been considered a project, and I destroyed this FO for taking the project over Orakpo, who was ready to go. But even in that pessimistic assessment, I never in a million years thought Maybin would be completely useless.

I agree it was a stupid pick by the old front office just as McGahee was before him. Lets just hope we luck out & he fulfills his potential.

BuffaloBlitz83
03-01-2010, 09:34 PM
They finally cut Hines Ward ? But he was such a great blocker. About time.

Hines Ward got cut? Whaaaaaat

SABURZFAN
03-01-2010, 09:52 PM
I root against the Bills because I want to get rid of players who do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?

I see it the opposite way. People on this board claim they want the team to win, yet then they go and repeatedly defend completely useless players.

And it doesn't take a crystal ball to see that an inexperienced player who is undersized for his position is not going to work out.

you tell em..... Realists don't need crystal balls and they don't defend useless players.