OK - I'll say it...Does anybody think the Gold Medal game was...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

OK - I'll say it...Does anybody think the Gold Medal game was...

boring.

Really. There were stretches that appeared to just be another regular NHL game on a Tuesday in February. Had it been Latvia/Russian I think people would have been bored to tears. It has nothing to do with the ending/result but that game paled in comparison to Sunday's game and wasn't, by far, the best game of the olympic tournament. I felt that Canada got up 2-0 and just shut it down - like a regular NHL game. It got exciting again with about two minutes to go.

Thoughts?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: OK - I'll say it...Does anybody think the Gold Medal game was...

I thought it was exciting all the way through, felt like Game 7 of a Stanley Cup finals game althought I wouldn't know because my team has never been there.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

And curling is exciting?

Is today opposite day?

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

What was really boring was the overtime .... players were so afraid of making a mistake that they skated around like zombies
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

Not in the slightest.

It's been almost three years since I've been that excited/anxious during a hockey game.

D & S Sports

Comment

• SabreEleven
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
            What was really boring was the overtime .... players were so afraid of making a mistake that they skated around like zombies
            did you watch the overtime? Canada ran over the USA like a freight train in OT. Far from boring.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

I though it was one of the best hockey games I've seen in a while. OT was unbelievably intense.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                did you watch the overtime? Canada ran over the USA like a freight train in OT. Far from boring.
                Hard to be bored by something I didn't watch.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• northernbillfan
                  Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Would you feel the same way if you won?
                  When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

I'm talking strictly about the quality of play (which what I gathered the original post was about). Obviously the fan factor made it white-knuckle.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

It was absolutely awesome except for outcome. I'll say this I will take a silver considering we weren't even expected to medal by the "experts".

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                        • May 2003

Leave it to Eb to come up with something like this, that was a great hockey game.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Boring????

Boring????

Boring??????
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

It was no Canada Cup 87 ... that's the standard

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by The Spaz
                              It was absolutely awesome except for outcome. I'll say this I will take a silver considering we weren't even expected to medal by the "experts".
                              Experts are morons. I predicted US vs Canada final before it even started. Anyone with half a brain could see that the US had the best goalie in the NHL, and a young, fast team.

Teams like Sweden, Russia and even the Czechs thought they could just coast through to the medal games. The US didn't take anything for granted, and thankfully, they woke the Canadians up along the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X