PDA

View Full Version : It's called rebuilding...

BILLSROCK1212
03-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Chan and Buddy unlike previous administrations are actually REBUILDING. Guys, just because Reed, T.O., Palmer, and Denney are gone doesn't mean we are being run poorly, it means there is actually change coming to One Bills Drive. Lets see what free agency and the draft bring!!

YardRat
03-01-2010, 07:23 PM
:beers:

Typ0
03-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Rebuilding implies you had something built that needs to be rebuilt. We had nothing. We'd be lucky to be building. But I agree we are probably rebuilding the same crap we had except cheaper because it costs money to keep people around.

Griff
03-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Rebuilding implies you had something built that needs to be rebuilt. We had nothing. We'd be lucky to be building. But I agree we are probably rebuilding the same crap we had except cheaper because it costs money to keep people around.

come on you know the bills were in the top half of the league in salaries, just stop the "Ralph is cheap" nonsense.

Philagape
03-01-2010, 08:43 PM
These moves are a victory over mediocrity.
Mediocrity is even worse than sucking because it lulls fans into supporting players like Josh Reed because they look good in comparison to the rest of the Bills' crap. It sounds easy to keep players because they're "better than the rest of them," but it means that whatever spots they're taking will never improve as long as they're there. And if this team is ever going to be relevant again, those spots need to improve.
Josh Reed was one of the poster boys for a 7-9 era. So was Butler. Hopefully players like Kelsay and Kyle Williams will follow them out the door, and this franchise and its fans can stop settling for mediocrity. Being good enough to start isn't good enough to win.

Night Train
03-02-2010, 05:15 AM
Chan and Buddy unlike previous administrations are actually REBUILDING. Guys, just because Reed, T.O., Palmer, and Denney are gone doesn't mean we are being run poorly, it means there is actually change coming to One Bills Drive. Lets see what free agency and the draft bring!!

Amen.

Long overdue, instead of sticking band aids on the heavy bleeding. This new admin. looks like they may actually get an opportunity to make things right.

Dujek
03-02-2010, 08:00 AM
More like regrowth than re-building. Cutting away the dead wood and hoping that the young shoots flourish.

OpIv37
03-02-2010, 08:21 AM

Denney was a career back-up who doesn't fit the new defensive system. No big loss.

I wouldn't have minded giving Palmer more time, but the fact is he never really got the job done and he failed to break into the starting lineup on a team that's very week at LB. Again, no big loss.

TO did very little last year, and while Reed is a solid 3rd WR, he certainly isn't irreplaceable.

My only real problem is cutting 2 of our 3 best WR's when the only guys we have behind them- Johnson and Hardy- are completely unproven, especially since we still have so many other holes.

madness
03-02-2010, 08:57 AM
I couldn't agree more. When you have one of the top 5 youngest teams in the league, you shouldn't be holding on to avg. backup talent than can be easily replaced.