PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone wanna do a FF draft tomorrow?

PA Season Ticket Holder
09-04-2002, 12:25 AM
There are no more live leagues left for the NFL.com site, but we can always hold the draft somewhere else and cut the players that are picked up and replace them with ours. Just make sure you put anyone worth value from the 49ers & Giants at the bottom of the list so they won't be on waivers.

I'd really like to join another league but there are no more live drafts. If enough people are interested we can get it going for tomorrow. Just set a lineup with what you have for Thursday and cut them after the game and when they go off waivers we can add our team through FA. If you pick a Niner or Giant that you want to start, just make sure you pick them up off of FA before the game starts.

I know it's kind of a crazy idea, but if anyone else is looking for another team this late, it's the only solution I can think of.

Reply back if interested. I can get a league set up.

Halbert
09-04-2002, 04:00 AM
You can still do a live draft on CNNSI and they use exactly the same software as NFL.com.

I don't think you're going to get enough people to create a private league but you could probably create a new public league that will fill up if you made the draft around 2-3 PM. Or depending on how many people you find that are interested, you could join an existing league with enough spots for your coaches.

Let me know what you decide to do. I might be interested in one more league.

PA Season Ticket Holder
09-04-2002, 01:18 PM
They don't have any drafts left for today or tomorrow. Only starting on the 6th. How would that work? Would they cancel the entire week or you just wouldn't be able to start a Niner or Giant?

Halbert
09-04-2002, 04:02 PM
Season would start week 2 for that league.

BillsMan80
09-04-2002, 04:02 PM
I'll do it.

PA Season Ticket Holder
09-04-2002, 04:20 PM
If any of you are interested I have one setup for Saturday, Sept. 7th at 10pm. If Saturday doesn't work I can make it Friday at 10pm. I work till 9pm that's why I couldn't join any of the other drafts on this site cause I couldn't make them.

It's on CNNSI

League Name: Sunday Shootout

Password: Orchard

Kinda sucks we'd miss a week, but it's better than noting. I have it set private right now but will make it public to fill spots if we have to. I'm just scared of quitters or cheaters like my other league I joined.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Thanks

Halbert
09-05-2002, 07:57 AM
Quitters and cheaters are virtually unavoidable. We have a cheater (who signed up for 2 teams and tried a bogus trade) and at least 3 other quitters already in BZ #3 - and that was a private league! I wish they would do something about that, like require real registration (no bogus email addresses) and report stats on how often they abandon their teams and when.

I'll sign up but I might have to let the list autopick for me. I'd prefer a weekday night draft if you decide to change it.

Novacane
09-05-2002, 08:09 AM
Who quit in our leage Halbert? (I'm western NY Brawlers) I forgot about the draft but my team is not too bad considering I fogot to pre-rank.

Halbert
09-05-2002, 10:49 AM
There are 3 owners that haven't checked their team since early August, and one who just did two days ago for the first time. They might still play their teams but prior history suggests otherwise.

Yahoo does a good job of preranking the players for the live draft - except for the defensive players. Fortunately there are a ton of good defensive players and the stats for most defensive players below the upper tier are close to each other. So you probably had to make several moves on D, right?

PA Season Ticket Holder
09-05-2002, 03:01 PM
That sucks you already have quitters and some cheaters in the BZFFL. They should be lucky to be in it. What's so fun about playing a game if you have to cheat? The guy in my league thinks he's some awesome FF player because he made some bogus trades. His draft was one of the worse in the league, but he gets some players for free and now he thinks he's a guru. Whatever floats their boat.

I can change the time, it's no big deal. I did it for Saturday at first cause I wasn't sure if we could still play this week and exclude the 49er and Giant players, but you can't.

I went and tried to find where to change the time but didn't see anywhere for it. Is there a way you can without making a new league? If not then I'll make another league and cancel that one. Missing drafts suck even if you pre-rank you players, it 's different when you get there on draft day. That's why I couldn't get into any BZ leagues because I couldn't get my work schedule around it.

Anyday next week starting at 10pm works for me.

Halbert
09-05-2002, 05:33 PM
I really don't mind missing the live draft. With the format they use (CNNSI, CBS and NFL all have the same format) it's relatively easy to set up the single list to draft a good team. I've already got my rankings set up on a spreadsheet so I can enter them any time.

But if you want to do a draft on Tuesday or Wednesday next week that's cool too.

I don't think you can change the draft date or change a private league to a public one on that site. You have to create a new league and everyone drops out of the old one. I could be wrong, though, so you'll have to check into it. If you can do either it should be relatively easy to find and if you can't find it then it means you can't change it.

Just let me know what you end up doing and I'll be ready.

BillsMan80
09-05-2002, 05:38 PM
I am in.

Halbert
09-06-2002, 03:08 PM
doesnt look like it's going to fill up in time (3 of us). i tried moving the team but it told me i'm locked so we'll have to wait for it to automatically cancel when we don't have enough coaches and create a new one then.

how about tuesday night at 10?