PDA

View Full Version : Covering my first Pro Day tomorrow

patmoran2006
03-02-2010, 07:52 AM
I’m pretty stoked to find out that tomorrow (Wednesday) I’ll be covering my first “Pro Day”. I got media access for UB’s pro day and I’m looking forward to it, though I don’t know how it works since I’ve never covered one before.
Naaman Roosevelt is working out in what will be an obvious critical day for him since he wasn’t invited (crazy) to the NFL combine. There are 5 or 6 other Bulls working out too who could be either late round prospects but even if not drafted its important for them too as a good performance could get them an early call as an undrafted free agent.
I don’t know what teams will have scouts and personnel on hand yet aside from the Buffalo Bills. But I’m looking forward to aggressively making some contacts and hopefully doing a little networking.
Has anyone ever been to a Pro Day before? I don’t have the itinerary yet but will share when I get it later.

JCBills
03-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Congrats, good luck, and have fun.

Michael82
03-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Seeing how Bill Polian drafted a couple players from UB a few years ago, I'm sure he'll have some people from the Colts there. Have fun! :up:

mybills
03-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Congrats, have fun! :up:

patmoran2006
03-02-2010, 09:50 AM
I just got word that James Starks will indeed be working out at Pro Day tomorrow and there is expected to be scouts from several teams there.

Jan Reimers
03-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Congrats, Pat.

I just wonder why Naaman wasn't invited to the combine.

DMBcrew36
03-02-2010, 11:19 AM
I can't get excited for football - it's March and the Bills are still the among biggest jokes in pro sports for what will be the 11th straight year.

BillsWin
03-02-2010, 11:53 AM
I think you'll have fun Pat. There are always some media members and scouts that are great for talking football and dishing the dish.

OU's pro day was always fun. They catered some Mexican food in the press tent, and it was really good.

I wonder if UB caters.

NC-BILLS44
03-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Good luck Pat.

TigerJ
03-02-2010, 09:10 PM
I think you'll have fun Pat. There are always some media members and scouts that are great for talking football and dishing the dish.

OU's pro day was always fun. They catered some Mexican food in the press tent, and it was really good.

I wonder if UB caters.I imagine UB is in a little different position than OU. There probably aren't many besides Starks and Roosevelt that have much hope of even getting a shot as an undrafted free agent. I would guess it'll be more of a low key event. Good place to get your first experience though.

tampabay25690
03-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Good job PAT.
Let us know details tomorrow.