PDA

View Full Version : Deadline looming for Bills to tender RFA’s

patmoran2006
03-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Sill waiting word on which Bills restricted free agents the club plans on tendering before the Thursday March 4 deadline. George Wilson, Richie Incognito and Derek Schouman are the leading candidates to receive some level of tender.

I heard a couple of weeks ago that the Bills were interested in signing Wilson to a multiple year deal before the start of free agency but that’s yet to materialize.

Free agency starts at midnight on March 5 and any restricted free agent not tendered will be eligible to sign wherever they like.

Besides Wilson and Incognito the other Bills who are restricted because of no labor deal are Keith Ellison, Gibran Hamden, Joe Klopfenstein and Ashton Youboty.

Alongside Schouman as a normal restricted free agent is Jonathan Scott.
If no deals are reached before the deadline I anticipate Wilson getting a second round tender and Incognito and Schouman low tenders.

If the Bills tag Wilson with the tag at that level it would pay him $1.759 million for 2010 and force a team to give up a second round draft pick as compensation for signing him should the Bills not match an offer.

Incognito with a low tender would pay him $1.176 million next year and force a team to surrender a third rounder for signing him. With Eric Wood uncertain for 2010 coming off a severe broken leg the team may look to be set at guard as they begin to fill a lot of holes via free agency, trades and the NFL draft.

Schouman getting tendered at the lowest amount would pay $1.101 million for 2010 and his compensation would be a seventh-rounder, which is where he was picked in the draft.

There are four levels of RFA Tenders. They go as follows:

High Tender: Allows the team to receive the other team’s 1<SUP>st</SUP> and 3<SUP>rd</SUP> round picks – $3.043M for players with 3 accrued seasons; $3.168M for players with 4 or more accrued seasons

Middle Tender: allows the team to receive the other team’s 1<SUP>st</SUP> round – $2.396M and $2.521M

2<SUP>nd</SUP> Round Tender– Allows the team to the other team’s 2<SUP>nd</SUP> round pick – $1.684M and $1.759M

Low Tender: allows the team to receive a draft pick equal to the round in which the player was originally drafted (as noted above after each player’s name) – 1.101M and $1.176M

elltrain22
03-02-2010, 10:36 AM
If we let any of those 3 guys walk, I'm gonna be very very PO'ed.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-02-2010, 10:46 AM
i think wilson will get a 2nd rd tender and the rest low tenders , i imagine some might not be tendered at all and just cut. like hamdan and klopestein

Beebe's Kid
03-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I was enjoying saying "Hello...Schouman," every time DS made a grab.

Incognito, this could be a real steal for us. I loved how he played during his time here. The beginning of the NE game, and the Indy game, albeit against backups, were showing huge improvements in creating holes for Freddy. He is big mean and strong. I would hope we locked him up for a few years. If we let it wait, I think his price will only go up.

Senator Wilson, while I am a fan of having Byrd/Whitner as our starting safeties, there is no doubt his value to the team. A great story, and what seems to be a great guy. When you find a guy that can tackle, and exude some class and leadership...don't let him walk. Depth is very important, and safety is one of the positions where we actally have some.