PDA

View Full Version : New CBA coming

WeAreArthurMoates
03-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Very interesting
http://www.nflplayers.com/Articles/Public%20News/Players-Accept-NFLLaborcom-Proposal/

better days
03-02-2010, 02:46 PM
The players are saying they are happy with the last cba. The owners are not happy with it. The owners want to set a limit on the money rookies get & also to give a lower percentage to vets. No agreement will be reached unless the players give in.

The Spaz
03-02-2010, 02:47 PM
There definitely has to be a rookie salary cap!

better days
03-02-2010, 02:51 PM

I agree & any vet with common sense should also.

Pinkerton Security
03-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Im not 100% sure but I dont think this article means anything as far as the impasse being bridged.

Mahdi
03-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Yup.

Players should earn their big contracts and the big dollars should go to the vets who put the work in.

The effect of a rookie cap would also be that there will be a lot less busts. Some players get into the league already multi-millionaires and it affects their ability to play the game.

This means young players will work twice as hard to secure the big money and it would mean a stronger league overall.

Saratoga Slim
03-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Im not 100% sure but I dont think this article means anything as far as the impasse being bridged.

You're right.

Ickybaluky
03-02-2010, 03:08 PM
This is pretty misleading. Someone should change the title of this thread.

Nothing has been agreed to, this is just the NFLPA getting cute.

B-DON
03-02-2010, 03:13 PM
This is pretty misleading. Someone should change the title of this thread.

Nothing has been agreed to, this is just the NFLPA getting cute.

Exactly, i thought a deal had been reached today by the title of the thread.

Yasgur's Farm
03-02-2010, 03:15 PM
All this does is strengthen the position of the owners... This reeks of player desperation.

Goobylal
03-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Wow, the players have offered to extend the CBA (that the owners opted-out of at the earliest possible chance) for a year, but won't take a pay cut? How can the owners refuse an offer like that?

gil
03-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah, players accepted a news item posted on an NFL web site, the title is pretty misleading

Forward_Lateral
03-02-2010, 03:38 PM
****. Thanks for making and then ruining my day with this thread.

Night Train
03-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Wow, the players have offered to extend the CBA (that the owners opted-out of at the earliest possible chance) for a year, but won't take a pay cut? How can the owners refuse an offer like that?

Agreed

Sorry but the players need to take a cut, the rookie contracts need to be reduced and the real fans need a break at the ticket window.

If the players can't see outside their window of privledge, then they should all go to hell.

Goobylal
03-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Agreed

Sorry but the players need to take a cut, the rookie contracts need to be reduced and the real fans need a break at the ticket window.

If the players can't see outside their window of privledge, then they should all go to hell.
Well you can thank the owners for getting their rears handed to them in the last round of CBA talks. They should have told them to pound sand and threatened them with a lockout. But now the horse has been let out of the barn.

alohabillsfan
03-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Well you can thank the owners for getting their rears handed to them in the last round of CBA talks. They should have told them to pound sand and threatened them with a lockout. But now the horse has been let out of the barn.

Yes, but when ole Ralphe boy did not "understand it" he was the "laughing stcok". Whose laughing now?

""I didn't understand it," said Buffalo's Ralph Wilson. "It is a very complicated issue and I didn't believe we should be rushing to vote in 45 minutes. I'm not a dropout ... or maybe I am. I didn't understand it."

The vote was 30-2 with Ralph saying NO!

Dicknoze69
03-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Yes, but when ole Ralphe boy did not "understand it" he was the "laughing stcok". Whose laughing now?

""I didn't understand it," said Buffalo's Ralph Wilson. "It is a very complicated issue and I didn't believe we should be rushing to vote in 45 minutes. I'm not a dropout ... or maybe I am. I didn't understand it."

The vote was 30-2 with Ralph saying NO!

I think all those media articles slamming Ralph and the Bengals owner for voting "No" would be funny to read in hindsight of the fact that it was overall a terrible deal for the owners and they subsequently voted out of the CBA.

Mathja
03-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Collin Cowherd was the worst of them all bashing Ralph for not wanting to sign that deal...i wonder if he ever apologized for that portrayal now that we know that maybe it wasn't such a good deal.

Jeff1220
03-02-2010, 05:51 PM
The players thought an uncapped year was going to make the money floooowwww. Now they're panicking because they're realizing, "Wait, you mean I'm not an unrestricted FA anymore? WTH!?" The owners definitely hold the cards this time, especially w/o Tags leading the way. This CBA is where Goodell has a chance to show his business worth and that he's not just an HR/discipline type boss.

Raptor
03-02-2010, 06:28 PM
If anything that little snippet only guarantees there will be no new CBA.

Bottom line the players got suckered into believing that the threat of no cap would keep the power on there side not knowing that a lot of owners are looking very forward to no floor.

They over played there hand and will walk right into a lock out in 2011. Which will eventually lead to the Players Union folding to the owners demands because it doesnt take a math major to figure out which side can last longer without the other

WeAreArthurMoates
03-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Exactly, i thought a deal had been reached today by the title of the thread.

The title would of been misleading if I said the deal was done. This is the most positive news towards the deal in a year.

Raptor
03-02-2010, 08:09 PM
The title would of been misleading if I said the deal was done. This is the most positive news towards the deal in a year.

No its not, this is the two sides taking shots at each other in public