PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Bills and Browns both would like to move up to No. 2 for a QB

BillsWin
03-02-2010, 06:24 PM
http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/news.asp?sport=NFL&pos=&majteam=&x=10&y=7

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/images/square_sports.gif Sam Bradford (http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=5161) - QB - Player (http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/clubhouse.asp?sport=NFL&majteam=CLG) </td> </tr> <tr> <td>http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/images/clear.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bodyCopy">The Lions are reportedly holding out hope that the Rams take a defensive tackle at No. 1, so they can deal the No. 2 pick to the Browns or Bills.</td> </tr> <tr> <td>http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/images/clear.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaLink">Both teams are believed to be intrigued by the idea of moving ahead of the Redskins to select a quarterback, likely Sam Bradford. The Lions are also hesitant to guarantee over $30 million to one player after dolling out $40 million to Matthew Stafford last year.
Mar. 2 - 6:52 p.m. ET</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaLink">http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/images/clear.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaLink">Source: FoxSports.com (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/czar-nfl-combine-rumors-030210)</td></tr></tbody></table>

Bravo82
03-02-2010, 06:28 PM
why trade up? I'm sure Tebow will still be on the board at #9 :clap::clap::clap:

X-Era
03-02-2010, 06:29 PM
http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/news.asp?sport=NFL&pos=&majteam=&x=10&y=7

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/images/square_sports.gif Sam Bradford (http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=5161) - QB - Player (http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/clubhouse.asp?sport=NFL&majteam=CLG) </td> </tr> <tr> <td>http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/images/clear.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="bodyCopy">The Lions are reportedly holding out hope that the Rams take a defensive tackle at No. 1, so they can deal the No. 2 pick to the Browns or Bills.</td> </tr> <tr> <td>http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/images/clear.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaLink">Both teams are believed to be intrigued by the idea of moving ahead of the Redskins to select a quarterback, likely Sam Bradford. The Lions are also hesitant to guarantee over $30 million to one player after dolling out $40 million to Matthew Stafford last year.
Mar. 2 - 6:52 p.m. ET</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaLink">http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/images/clear.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaLink">Source: FoxSports.com (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/czar-nfl-combine-rumors-030210)</td></tr></tbody></table>

Depends on what the cost will be.

1st, 3rd, and 5th... I could be convinced its worth it... points dont add up.

1st, 2nd, and another pick? thats a lot to give up.

1st, player, and 4th... if its Schobel? Take it. We dont really have much to offer as far as players. Lynch? Maybe. Parrish isnt worth much. McKelvin?

It will cost us a fortune. Its a new regime, I could see it happening. But you will hear a major outcry over a move like that for a rookie QB.

Philagape
03-02-2010, 06:29 PM
"believed to be intrigued" is hardly a rumor

FlyingDutchman
03-02-2010, 06:35 PM
no team would let their intentions known. any "rumor" or word coming out of anywhere from this point til the draft should be taken as BS or personal speculation

YardRat
03-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Looks like it's been edited already, and the tune has changed a little....

The Lions (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/detroit-lions/67045), who pick second in the first round, have their fingers crossed that the Rams don’t pick a quarterback so they can trade down with either Cleveland or Buffalo, who apparently are in the quarterback market. The thought process is that new Browns (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/cleveland-browns/67042) czar Mike Holmgren won’t want to lose his favorite quarterback to Washington and new coach Mike Shanahan. The Redskins (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/washington-redskins/67062) are perched at No. 4, three spots ahead of the Browns. The Lions really don’t want to spend $33 million in bonus money on a defensive tackle.

YardRat
03-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Nevermind...it's actually a case of USAToday taking the first sentence from Fox, and injecting their own comment.

T-Long
03-02-2010, 06:40 PM
I would be shocked if they moved up the board...but look at what the Jets did last year to get their guy in Sanchez.

Raptor
03-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Depends on what the cost will be.

1st, 3rd, and 5th... I could be convinced its worth it... points dont add up.

1st, 2nd, and another pick? thats a lot to give up.

1st, player, and 4th... if its Schobel? Take it. We dont really have much to offer as far as players. Lynch? Maybe. Parrish isnt worth much. McKelvin?

It will cost us a fortune. Its a new regime, I could see it happening. But you will hear a major outcry over a move like that for a rookie QB.

You can pretty much throw the points chart out the window. Most teams have made there own chart based on how they value draft spots by factoring in the $$$ or dont even use one anymore

Midwesternbillsfan
03-02-2010, 06:43 PM
It's moot, anyway, if the Rams select Sam Bradford 1st overall, which seems the odds-on bet now. The exorbitant guaranteed money that'll be necessarily forked over to ink the #1 overall player drafted- north of $42 million because that's what Matthew Stafford received last year from the Lions- makes much more sense to spend on a QB. QB's are obviously much more influential and effectual at changing a team's fortunes than even the best DT. So it seems that's what St. Louis will do and that we don't have to worry about what it will cost to move up to #2.

X-Era
03-02-2010, 06:44 PM
I would be shocked if they moved up the board...but look at what the Jets did last year to get their guy in Sanchez.

Moved up to 5 from 17 for their 1st, 2nd, and three players (coleman wasnt a great player, but solid, the rest were backups).

Id say we should expect about the same. 1st, 2nd, and a player of note... maybe Lynch, maybe someone lesser... like a Kyle Williams.

YardRat
03-02-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm not real keen about taking a QB this year at #9....if we drop our first two picks to move up to get one, I may have to get pissed.

don137
03-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Moved up to 5 from 17 for their 1st, 2nd, and three players (coleman wasnt a great player, but solid, the rest were backups).

Id say we should expect about the same. 1st, 2nd, and a player of note... maybe Lynch, maybe someone lesser... like a Kyle Williams.

I would not be opposed to trading Williams for one of the Saints RFAs at OT. Turn around trade their first second and Lynch to trade up for Bradford. Then spend money in FA for a veteran RB to replace Lynch. Now you have a young OT and the QB of the future.

Yasgur's Farm
03-02-2010, 06:52 PM
The #2 pick is valued at 2600 points... The Bills entire 2010 draft (including the extra 6th and 7th) is valued at approximately 2250 points. We'd have to give them our top 2 picks this year and next... NO THANKS!

T-Long
03-02-2010, 06:52 PM
I would not be opposed to trading Williams for one of the Saints RFAs at OT. Turn around trade their first second and Lynch to trade up for Bradford. Then spend money in FA for a veteran RB to replace Lynch. Now you have a young OT and the QB of the future.
1st, 2nd, AND Lynch would be a horrible trade by the Bills.

Yasgur's Farm
03-02-2010, 06:55 PM
1st, 2nd, AND Lynch would be a horrible trade by the Bills.I'd do that trade... The Lions won't.

X-Era
03-02-2010, 06:57 PM
The #2 pick is valued at 2600 points... The Bills entire 2010 draft (including the extra 6th and 7th) is valued at approximately 2250 points. We'd have to give them our top 2 picks this year and next... NO THANKS!

Then explain how the Jets moved from 17 to 5 for the 17th, their 2nd, and an average player and 2 backups?

Describe how it cant happen... when it happened last year.

Slim
03-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Then explain how the Jets moved from 17 to 5 for the 17th, their 2nd, and an average player and 2 backups?

Beat me to it.

X-Era
03-02-2010, 07:01 PM
5th pick, 1700 points

Jets 17th, 950 points

Jets 2nd rounder, 410 points

Total for the picks for Jets = 1360... that means the three players they traded were worth 590 points or the last 1st round pick... pick 32?

One average player and two backups is worth the 32nd pick in the draft?

No way. The Picks arent worth as much as they once were.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

Yasgur's Farm
03-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Don't blame me for the draft values!!

X-Era
03-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Don't blame me for the draft values!!
Im not. Im saying those values arent real. Whats real is what a team will deem as realistic value to them.

Going from 2 to 9, when you could still get an OT that you want, pick up a 2nd rounder, and also get a decent player... why the hell not.

Yasgur's Farm
03-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Draft values do have meaning... It's proven year after year... Especially when there are 2 teams sniffing! Jets had noo competition and where looking for a pick that was valued a lot less than 2300 points.

Scumbag College
03-02-2010, 07:10 PM
I'd think with a new coaching staff that the Bills would want to trade down and get more draft picks for players that will fit their new system.

psubills62
03-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Draft values do have meaning... It's proven year after year... Especially when there are 2 teams sniffing! Jets had noo competition and where looking for a pick that was valued a lot less than 2300 points.

No competition? I could have sworn I heard tons of rumors about Washington looking to trade up to get Sanchez.

If a team wants to trade down (i.e. the Lions), then they're often willing to take less than the "point system" says the pick is worth. Besides, everyone knows the pick isn't worth as much due to the extremely high contracts.

I guarantee that we won't have to pay as much as the internet draft values say we would have to pay. That being said, I'd rather stay at 9. This is a deep draft and we need picks...a lot of them.

X-Era
03-02-2010, 07:13 PM

Never said they didnt have meaning. I said that you cant always plug the numbers in and predict what a team will ONLY consider acceptable value. Last year proved that. The Lions are a building team, that needs a LT. They could still get that at 9, and get much more as well.

Yasgur's Farm
03-02-2010, 07:14 PM
God bless you guys... Keep the faith.

Me... I think we have way too many holes to be chasing that dream. That said... 1st and 2nd + Lynch I'm OK with.

tampabay25690
03-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Terrible idea to many needs....
We need the picks

X-Era
03-02-2010, 07:28 PM
We need the picks
So, I see that argument and I agree with that stance as well.

But, I can also see that a team that hasn't had a franchise QB since Kelly, may covet just that. And that they could convince themselves Bradford is that guy. Then, when you look at the chance to land a franchise QB, or stay at 9 and get a chance at a franchise LT, when we just traded a proven one away last year... I can see this team making a move for a potential franchise QB.

BTW, the Browns gave up that chance at a possible franchise QB last year, the Jets traded up... one went to the playoffs, the other back at the top of the draft again.

Luisito23
03-02-2010, 07:32 PM
NO ONE is worth trading up for this year...Let's just stay put and pick BPA! :mad:

Ingtar33
03-02-2010, 07:33 PM

Because the browns are idiots.

when the jets traded up i was stunned at how little the jets gave them.

X-Era
03-02-2010, 07:33 PM
NO ONE is worth trading up for this year...Let's just stay put and pick BPA! :mad:

I can see that argument too... Its a solid argument.

Luisito23
03-02-2010, 07:38 PM
I can see that argument too... Its a solid argument.

That's why I made it a priority to put the little red face...

tampabay25690
03-02-2010, 07:59 PM
So, I see that argument and I agree with that stance as well.

But, I can also see that a team that hasn't had a franchise QB since Kelly, may covet just that. And that they could convince themselves Bradford is that guy. Then, when you look at the chance to land a franchise QB, or stay at 9 and get a chance at a franchise LT, when we just traded a proven one away last year... I can see this team making a move for a potential franchise QB.

BTW, the Browns gave up that chance at a possible franchise QB last year, the Jets traded up... one went to the playoffs, the other back at the top of the draft again.

X-Era I agree with what you are saying as well and if you see my updated Mock I think a QB will be there at #9 for us....

But trading up and losing picks is not what the BILLS can afford to do...

X-Era
03-02-2010, 08:05 PM
X-Era I agree with what you are saying as well and if you see my updated Mock I think a QB will be there at #9 for us....

But trading up and losing picks is not what the BILLS can afford to do...

I think the Bills should make it one of their top priorities to get a real, bonafide, franchise QB that they have so badly needed. Move a pick to get it? If it means landing a real QB that we can win games with... Id have no problem with that.

But yes, we know it may not be that cut and dry.

BuffaloBlitz83
03-02-2010, 08:10 PM
I don't think Bradford or Clausen are franchise QB's. If we drafted 2nd i'd still pass on both and take Suh or Okung

baalworship
03-02-2010, 08:13 PM
If Bradford is deemed a franchise QB we better go get him. Remember when we tried for Roethlisberger but couldn't move up a few spots? Franchise QB's are worth more than any position.

X-Era
03-02-2010, 08:15 PM
I don't think Bradford or Clausen are franchise QB's. If we drafted 2nd i'd still pass on both and take Suh or Okung

And thats another thought about these guys that been thrown around. Some dont feel they are franchise caliper QB's.

I think Bradford is, Clausen may or may not be.

If everyone thought they were, they would go 1 and 2 in almost any draft. About the only way to get one of those sure fire franchise QB's is in having the #1 pick.

Romes
03-02-2010, 08:16 PM
If we moved up to #2 I'd rather they take Suh or McCoy...

Lets build the foundation of a good team first before we draft a rookie QB.

Nighthawk
03-02-2010, 08:19 PM
If this FO believes that Bradford is the QB they need to get, then I'm Ok with them moving up to get him. Geesh...you guys are never happy! You want a QB, you don't want a QB...what the hell?!?!?!

Nighthawk
03-02-2010, 08:20 PM
If we moved up to #2 I'd rather they take Suh or McCoy...

Lets build the foundation of a good team first before we draft a rookie QB.

Good OLs & DLs don't win without a good QB....

CoolBreeze
03-02-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm not real keen about taking a QB this year at #9....if we drop our first two picks to move up to get one, I may have to get pissed.

lol funny ....me to

Novacane
03-02-2010, 08:33 PM
I think the Bills should make it one of their top priorities to get a real, bonafide, franchise QB that they have so badly needed. Move a pick to get it? If it means landing a real QB that we can win games with... Id have no problem with that.

The QB you speak of is not in this draft.

Nighthawk
03-02-2010, 08:35 PM
The QB you speak of is not in this draft.

Nobody knows that...it's all a guessing game.

Novacane
03-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Nobody knows that...it's all a guessing game.

True. That is precisely why I don't want to give up picks to move up for a QB.

Romes
03-02-2010, 08:50 PM

True for the most part.

But its hard to effectively develop a QB if he is being hit all the time and/or he has to deal with his own team having a bad defense.

Look at the young QB's that have been succesful Sanchez, Roethlisberger, Flacco, they all came into the league with solid OL's already infront of them and good defenses behind them.

Guys like Alex Smith, JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn have had little support around them which in turn I believe has hurt their development.

I'm really not for trading up at all. We aren't going to win this year, why sacrifice some of our draft to move up to fill 1 need when we have a ton of other needs. Haven't we learned from the mistakes of Rob Johnson, JP Losman, and John McCargo?

Bling
03-02-2010, 08:56 PM
So you mean the Bills are actually considering good for once? I'm going to miss the years where the Bills had no QB. Looks like you guys might actually turn this franchise around.

FlyingDutchman
03-02-2010, 09:00 PM

Baltimore Ravens

SABURZFAN
03-02-2010, 09:16 PM
We need the picks

plain, simple, and to the point. :bf1:

SABURZFAN
03-02-2010, 09:23 PM

or trade down to get an extra pick AND get the guy they target.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-02-2010, 10:05 PM
ALTERNATE MOCK DRAFT
1. SAM BRADFORD QB
3. KYLE CALLOWAY OT
4. C.J WILSON DE
6. BRANDON DEADERICK DE
6. KADE WESTON NT
7. JOSH HULL ILB
7. MITCH PETRUS C/G

TRADE 1<SUP>ST</SUP>, 2<SUP>ND</SUP>, DONTE WHITNER AND 2<SUP>ND</SUP> NEXT YEAR FOR LIONS 1<SUP>ST
</SUP>TRADE KYLE WILLIAMS FOR JERMON BUSHROD

LEE EVANS
JERMON BUSHROD
ANDY LEVITRE
GEOFF HANGARTNER
ERIC WOOD
KYLE CALLOWAY
SHAWN NELSON
STEVE JOHNSON
JAMES HARDY
SAM BRADFORD
FRED JACKSON

MARCUS STROUD
TANK JOHNSON
JARVIS GREEN
JOEY PORTER
PAUL POSLUSZNY
KAWIKA MITCHELL
AARON MAYBIN
TERRENCE MCGEE
LEODIS MCKELVIN
GEORGE WILSON
JAIRUS BYRD

JCBills
03-02-2010, 11:07 PM
I'd rather move back than trade up.

JCBills
03-02-2010, 11:09 PM
ALTERNATE MOCK DRAFT
1. SAM BRADFORD QB
3. KYLE CALLOWAY OT
4. C.J WILSON DE
6. BRANDON DEADERICK DE
6. KADE WESTON NT
7. JOSH HULL ILB
7. MITCH PETRUS C/G

TRADE 1<sup>ST</sup>, 2<sup>ND</sup>, DONTE WHITNER AND 2<sup>ND</sup> NEXT YEAR FOR LIONS 1<sup>ST
</sup>TRADE KYLE WILLIAMS FOR JERMON BUSHROD

LEE EVANS
JERMON BUSHROD
ANDY LEVITRE
GEOFF HANGARTNER
ERIC WOOD
KYLE CALLOWAY
SHAWN NELSON
STEVE JOHNSON
JAMES HARDY
SAM BRADFORD
FRED JACKSON

MARCUS STROUD
TANK JOHNSON
JARVIS GREEN
JOEY PORTER
PAUL POSLUSZNY
KAWIKA MITCHELL
AARON MAYBIN
TERRENCE MCGEE
LEODIS MCKELVIN
GEORGE WILSON
JAIRUS BYRD

Joey Porter isn't a LOLB.

Buddo
03-03-2010, 04:26 AM
I can certainly see where the Lions would want to move down.
I can also see that due to the amounts of money they could be shelling out on two consecutive years, that it may not be quite as 'expensive' to do a deal with them, as it likely would be with other teams.
The problem still remains, that it will be expensive though, and unless we give away some future picks, is highly likely to involve our 2nd round pick.
This year, we have the opportunity to get a starting LT ( I know, not guaranteed, but you have to trust Nix on that), and quite possibly, a starting NT with those two picks.
If we hadn't decided to go to the 3-4 front, then it may have been worth it. Because we are switching, I don't believe it is.
There are still possibilities for trades in FA, and FA itself, that could make it more of a possibility, but you would have to think that a bona fide LT or NT, would have to be gained, before seriously considering this. The issue there, then becomes that we have missed out on a talented draft class at two positions, when probably adding only veterans to start short term. I don't believe that that is actually a plan for the long term.

Historian
03-03-2010, 05:14 AM
Why not just trade with Cleveland for Quinn?

Mahdi
03-03-2010, 07:04 AM
ALTERNATE MOCK DRAFT
1. SAM BRADFORD QB
3. KYLE CALLOWAY OT
4. C.J WILSON DE
6. BRANDON DEADERICK DE
6. KADE WESTON NT
7. JOSH HULL ILB
7. MITCH PETRUS C/G

TRADE 1<SUP>ST</SUP>, 2<SUP>ND</SUP>, DONTE WHITNER AND 2<SUP>ND</SUP> NEXT YEAR FOR LIONS 1<SUP>ST
</SUP>TRADE KYLE WILLIAMS FOR JERMON BUSHROD

LEE EVANS
JERMON BUSHROD
ANDY LEVITRE
GEOFF HANGARTNER
ERIC WOOD
KYLE CALLOWAY
SHAWN NELSON
STEVE JOHNSON
JAMES HARDY
SAM BRADFORD
FRED JACKSON

MARCUS STROUD
TANK JOHNSON
JARVIS GREEN
JOEY PORTER
PAUL POSLUSZNY
KAWIKA MITCHELL
AARON MAYBIN
TERRENCE MCGEE
LEODIS MCKELVIN
GEORGE WILSON
JAIRUS BYRD

That is wayyyyy to generous an offer. We are picking 9th not 20th.

Our first, second and Whitner would be sufficient. Whitner is considered a solid starter in the league (despite Bills fans thoughts) by other teams and is worth more than the scrubs the Jets sent to Cleveland last year in a similar trade for the 5th overall pick.

Mahdi
03-03-2010, 07:07 AM
Why not just trade with Cleveland for Quinn?
Because Quinn is nothing compared to Bradford. Bradford is a big kid with a strong arm (not Flacco strong) and amazing accuracy and excellent production.

Bradford would have been the #1 overall pick last year if he came out.

trapezeus
03-03-2010, 07:31 AM
my belief is this rumor is coming from detroit. i think they know the browns are interested in the pick, and they're putting the bills name out there to get more from the browns.

the bills have no reason to move up when almost every position other than punter could be upgraded significantly.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-03-2010, 07:38 AM
All this does is sound like speculation since they said we need a qb. I'd like Bradford if the price is right ei.. we don't trade 4 picks for him but this is a moot point. Bradford is going 1 overall.

ChanGailey
03-03-2010, 08:27 AM
HEY GUYS!

I know it's a long shot because our geriatric front office probably isn't that clever, but if we create competition for the QB's, even if it doesn't exist, maybe they are just trying to make sure that 2 QB's are both selected in the top 8 picks.

That way, an extra DT or OT would fall to us, and deepen our probable targets.

As "hollywood" as it'd be to trade up for Bradford, it's just not in the Bills make up. Also, I just don't think Bradford of all people would be the guy to inspire them to do so, given that in the last few years they've passed on much better QB's than Bradford with only Losman and/or Trent on the roster.

06 Whitner over Cutler (anger inducing for me)
07 Poz over Kolb (I can understand it, but most people would be willing to make that trade right about now.
08 Leodis over Flacco
09 Maybin over Freeman

Now, I wouldn't say Freeman will be better than Bradford, but I'm 100% willing to say that Cutler, Kolb and Flacco all will have better pro careers when it's all said and done.

To go up and bet the farm on Bradford would just be further indictment of our horrible choices in the past.

trapezeus
03-03-2010, 09:49 AM
06 Whitner over Cutler (anger inducing for me)
07 Poz over Kolb (I can understand it, but most people would be willing to make that trade right about now.
08 Leodis over Flacco
09 Maybin over Freeman

i kind of agree with what you are saying, but the issue is if you pick a QB in the first round, you have to stand by him. If the bills pick bradford and then next year after a poor showing see another good QB, you can't really go after him. you have to assume he's going to develop and you have to fill other holes.

To temper my disappointment, all i ask is that the bills don't leave round 1 with a CB or a SS. That's all i want. any other player taken in round 1 will be a success for me. but to be honest, i really don't think QB is the first issue. especially with butler "retiring".

FlyingDutchman
03-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Bradford would have been the #1 overall pick last year if he came out.

says who?

Mahdi
03-03-2010, 11:01 AM
says who?
Says most analysts who had him rated ahead of Stafford throughout the entire college season right up until he made his decision to stay in school.

FlyingDutchman
03-03-2010, 11:16 AM
kinda vague. the same analysts who get 90% of the draft wrong every year? just sayin...

Ed
03-03-2010, 11:18 AM
If the Rams do in fact prefer DT McCoy and we did trade up to #2, I think I would rather draft Suh then Bradford.

ZAZusmc03
03-03-2010, 11:21 AM
If the Rams do in fact prefer DT McCoy and we did trade up to #2, I think I would rather draft Suh then Bradford.

I agree 100%. I'm not sold on any QB in this years draft. I can't see any of them becoming franchise QB's. I'd rather snag the best possible person, And I don't see Bradford or Clausen being that player.

Night Train
03-03-2010, 11:33 AM
All that guaranteed $$ upfront for a #2 overall pick is something I can't see small market Buffalo ever doing.

I don't buy that rumor at all.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-03-2010, 11:39 AM

I would love to build this defense around Suh. The guy says he can get up to 315-320 and with his power and athleticism would be a nightmare to block at NT. I like Bradford here to though but I don't not want to give up 3 picks this draft to move up.

Mahdi
03-03-2010, 11:56 AM
kinda vague. the same analysts who get 90% of the draft wrong every year? just sayin...
Ok but it was a fact that Bradford was the best QB prospect potentially entering the draft, and seeing as how the Lions took a QB it's logical and highly probable the pick would have been Bradford.

Bradford threw for 4750 yards, 50 TDs, 8 INT, 67% and 9.77 YPA in 2008.

Stafford had 3459 yards, 25 TDs, 10 INT, 61%, 9.03 YPA in 2008.

The numbers are heavily in favor of Bradford and his skill was evident. 50 TDs is insane.