• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

what the hell was that?

Did these ****ers even practice during the Olympic break?

I've never seen such an ineffective PP in my entire life. No sustained offensive pressure until it was too late, Lalime flopping around like a dead fish, neutral zone turnovers, weak breakout... you can use the "they haven't played in 2 weeks" excuse, but neither have the Penguins.

This team is done. They have completely lost their confidence, and they lacked talent to begin with. I'm dreading the onslaught from Washington tomorrow.

Oh, and the Penguins announcers are the worst homers ever. At one point, Crosby was down on his knees and kept playing the puck. They went off about how exciting he is to watch. What happens? He turns the puck over and the Sabres get a rush the other way, yet the announcers can't stop talking about how great he is for playing the puck on his knees.

Oh well, I guess being on his knees is a comfortable position for him...
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: what the hell was that?

I feel a 10 game losing streak coming on.

Comment

• G Wolly
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
      I've never seen such an ineffective PP in my entire life. No sustained offensive pressure until it was too late
      That's what she said...

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

it's a joke. i think like the 2008 bills, we are in store for an epic collapse that may end with them missing the playoffs. the wingers are useless and have zero passion out there. they wait until its too late.

That one shift where sekera was out there for like 3 minutes was brutal display of hockey.

It was like watching the US/Canada gold medal game. we let the other team dictate the tempo to us and couldn't make a pass to save our lives.

I just have no idea how a team that is slumping as bad as them would come out as lackluster.

Also Pominville, he can go. totally a waste. This is his second year of disappearing.

Grier looks like an old man out there. i realize he's the grit and the heart, but he isn't really dominating. i realize he's dinged up and that in itself is leadership, but we need another leader who is also healthy if we are to even make the playoffs.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

Funny you mention Crosby on his knees. He makes that play and I look over at my fiance and basically yell out how they are sucking him off for a play that directly resulted in a turnover. Then BMN texts me the same thing. I hate FSP and yet I watch every Sabres game on their to get it in HD.

As for Lalime, he always looks like that. And then when he tries to get to his feet quickly he has to grab on to the net for support before he falls over again.

Backup goalie. Deadline at 3. Get it done Darcy.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DMBcrew36
            • Feb 2005

It took until the 3rd period for the guys to get their **** together.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
              It took until the 3rd period for the guys to get their **** together.
              These guys know how desperate the situation is. it's not a matter of them taking time off and putting it together. i use to think that. now i think other teams out hustle them early and when they let off the gas, our mediocrity seems better.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
                These guys know how desperate the situation is. it's not a matter of them taking time off and putting it together. i use to think that. now i think other teams out hustle them early and when they let off the gas, our mediocrity seems better.
                It depends. Some guys' legs get better as the game goes on. I know that I personally play much better in the 2nd half of a skate.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

they lost 3-2 to the defending cup champ without Miller...I'm not shocked.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                    • Jan 2003

I thought Lalime played OK too. He made a couple really nice saves.

Comment

• G Wolly
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                      I thought Lalime played OK too. He made a couple really nice saves.
                      On the Gonchar goal he was out of position. Not by much, but enough to leave the side open.

I'm more angry at the fact it got through traffic of about 5 guys without a block/tip.

His time's up. Bring back Marty.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G Wolly
                        On the Gonchar goal he was out of position. Not by much, but enough to leave the side open.

I'm more angry at the fact it got through traffic of about 5 guys without a block/tip.

His time's up. Bring back Marty.
                        have you checked out Marty's stats this year?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• G Wolly
                          • Mar 2004

Once again, maybe it's not the goalie and the defense we put in front of him. We have 3 out of 6 defensemen we can actually rely on.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                            • May 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                            they lost 3-2 to the defending cup champ without Miller...I'm not shocked.
                            Neither am I... But, that doesn't excuse the fact that they waited until they were down 2 goals to run up the pressure and play at a high level. It doesn't excuse the fact that the powerplay is STILL miserable despite them having time to work on it (minus a few guys) over the break. It doesn't excuse the fact that Lalime looks wholly incompetent anytime he leaves the crease.

The lost is not the end of the world, it's some of those factors that contribute to the loss that are ever growing concerns.

Comment

• G Wolly
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                              The lost is not the end of the world, it's some of those factors that contribute to the loss that are ever growing concerns.
                              At the beginning of March, each loss contributes to the end of our playoff world.

Comment

Working...
                              X