PDA

View Full Version : Brian Burke says...

DMBcrew36
03-03-2010, 02:56 PM
"If you have to make big moves in March, then then you've screwed up. March is for tweaking."

Seems to be in line with the thinking of Regier.

YardRat
03-03-2010, 05:03 PM
'Tweaking' does not necessarily exclude getting a difference-maker at the deadline for the push.

Nighthawk
03-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Regier is a tool...always has been. Please, tell me again how many Stanley Cups the Sabres have won with him running the show? Yeah, I think it's a bit different coming from a guy who's built a championship team and knows what he is doing....

Typ0
03-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Regier is a tool...always has been. Please, tell me again how many Stanley Cups the Sabres have won with him running the show? Yeah, I think it's a bit different coming from a guy who's built a championship team and knows what he is doing....

I'm just curious....how many teams are there in the league that have not won a Stanley Cup in the last 20 years? How many have not even had an appearance in the finals?

DMBcrew36
03-04-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm just curious....how many teams are there in the league that have not won a Stanley Cup in the last 20 years? How many have not even had an appearance in the finals?

Exactly. This isn't a 6-team league anymore and the Cup IS the hardest trophy to win in all of team sports.

Nighthawk
03-04-2010, 12:11 PM

Not the point...the point is that the Sabres continue to spew this arguement that they know what they're doing and they have a plan. Well, their plan has not worked, the way they've done thing has not worked and it never will. I'm tired of them acting like they know what they're doing because it is very obvious that they don't.

Nighthawk
03-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Exactly. This isn't a 6-team league anymore and the Cup IS the hardest trophy to win in all of team sports.

Are you Darcy's brother?

DMBcrew36
03-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Are you Darcy's brother?

Nope, just a level-headed hockey player who understands Regier's job

Typ0
03-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Not the point...the point is that the Sabres continue to spew this arguement that they know what they're doing and they have a plan. Well, their plan has not worked, the way they've done thing has not worked and it never will. I'm tired of them acting like they know what they're doing because it is very obvious that they don't.

It is the point. This is not the Detroit Red Wings we are talking about it's the Buffalo Sabres. The team keeps rising up and being seriously competitive. I believe they will do it again. When the right mix of things is available to them they just might win. However, they don't have the budget to be on top every year and that is just realistic.

Forward_Lateral
03-04-2010, 03:50 PM
the Cup IS the hardest trophy to win in all of team sports.

Not. More teams in baseball, and half as many make it to the post season.

Nighthawk
03-04-2010, 06:18 PM
It is the point. This is not the Detroit Red Wings we are talking about it's the Buffalo Sabres. The team keeps rising up and being seriously competitive. I believe they will do it again. When the right mix of things is available to them they just might win. However, they don't have the budget to be on top every year and that is just realistic.

See, that is where you are wrong. This has NOTHING to do with how much money they spend...they spend plenty of it. The problem is the guys making the decisions are very smart...and continue to make the wrong decisions. This team's core is a joke and should have been blown up years ago.

Nighthawk
03-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Nope, just a level-headed hockey player who understands Regier's job

I play hockey also and I know the game and I know a good player when I see it. This team is full of players who just want a paycheck.